Deleted

Question an american holiday

if i was to go to america this upcoming summer, how much money is it reccomended to bring with me, for spending on: food, some clothes maybe, some nice items for a memory, restaurants etc with my family.

i live in the uk so, how much money do you brits bring along with you??? im planning to go to Virginia and stay there for about 10 days.

New York probably?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    New York probably?
    planning to go to virginia, i heard the place is nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    just take your credit card with you

it makes traveling way easier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    just take your credit card with you

it makes traveling way easier
    ofc lol but i cant spend all of it, i just want to know how much is reccomended to bring, maybe 1 thousand pounds (gotta save up)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on where you are going.

Are you going to dine out in downtown New York or Chicago every night? That will cost you a small fortune alone.

- - - Updated - - -

a thousand would prolly do the job
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Depends entirely on where you are going.

Are you going to dine out in downtown New York or Chicago every night? That will cost you a small fortune alone.
    hmmmm i see
    Last edited by mmoc627d35faa6; 2017-02-18 at 01:29 AM.

Major cities will cost you £10 a meal and £160-200 a night hotel. Less if you can Airbnb/hostel. I would budget £1200-1500 min, but I tend to overbudget.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    How long are you staying? are you staying by yourself? what activities do you plan on engaging in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

When I last went to the States I took 250 in cash and paid the rest on my visa.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you planning on paying for ahead of time? If you are taking care of things like hotel and car rental with a credit card ahead of time, then you shouldn't need too much cash on hand. 1,000 pounds would probably be more than enough at the conversion rate. Virginia isn't too expensive a place.

All together for 10 days, you probably want to budget at least £2,500. Less or more depending on accommodations and food.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Bare in mind the earlier you book your trip the cheaper it'll be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    All together for 10 days, you probably want to budget at least £2,500. Less or more depending on accommodations and food.
    For ten days in Virginia? He said spending money, not hotel/airfare.

A grand will be sufficient, OP. If you plan on doing a lot of traveling, like to NYC or DC, then I'd budget a little more. £1500 would be the max I would recommend, if you're the type that is terrible with money and pisses it away on stupid things.

If you're just going to be spending time in Virginia, £1k is sufficient.

If you are going to Virginia, You must, you have to visit Busch Gardens USA. It is a must.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    About the same as other estimates I'd say, $100/day for most food/etc. is a good starting point and then add-in some more depending how much you plan to spend on extra activities or souvenir items. So if you figure $500 for those, $1500 for 10 days total would be a good estimate. Of course if that's too much you can definitely do it more frugally by not eating in restaurants as often, and doing free or low-cost sightseeing like state parks. But personally if I'm going to the expense of taking a family trip it's worth enjoying some meals out rather than having their holiday memories being pb+j sandwiches in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    For ten days in Virginia? He said spending money, not hotel/airfare.

A grand will be sufficient, OP. If you plan on doing a lot of traveling, like to NYC or DC, then I'd budget a little more. £1500 would be the max I would recommend, if you're the type that is terrible with money and pisses it away on stupid things.

If you're just going to be spending time in Virginia, £1k is sufficient.
    Yeah, if that's all he wants to use it for, then £1000 would be fine. I was just looking to travel myself, was figuring the total cost. My bad!
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Yeah, if that's all he wants to use it for, then £1000 would be fine. I was just looking to travel myself, was figuring the total cost. My bad!
    Yeah, total cost with airfare and hotel would probably kick you up to 3000, but just for walking around money and daily stuff, Virginia isn't bad at all as long as you stay away from the D.C. area.

If you're looking into traveling in the U.S. might I suggest the South West. Very affordable and gorgeous nature views.

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    if i was to go to america this upcoming summer, how much money is it reccomended to bring with me, for spending on: food, some clothes maybe, some nice items for a memory, restaurants etc with my family.

i live in the uk so, how much money do you brits bring along with you??? im planning to go to Virginia and stay there for about 10 days.
    I just went on a trip to Washington DC. It is next to Virginia.
    Food is $10-15/ meal. The hotel we stayed in was $150/night. I am sure you can get one cheaper. We walked everywhere we went(or rode the subway) so we did not rent a car. Averaged about 15-17 miles of walking a day. In total, we walked over 70 miles. Car rentals are about $30/day. All of the Smithsonian museums are free to enter. There are monuments everywhere to visit and see. I would imagine those are not as powerful for someone out of country as they are for an American. Private museums cost money but are reasonably priced. We were there for five days and still didn't see everything we wanted to see. I definitely want to go back.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-02-20 at 01:37 PM.