Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/ups...201124740.html
    Producer edited the 911 calls from Zimmerman

CNN interview with Sylville Smith, cuts out ending comments to change how it comes accross.

and those are the ones I can just think of off the top of my head, if people are losing faith in the Media, it's because they been getting reasons for a while now.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2017-02-18 at 09:43 PM.

Trump supporters just wish we had state run media like Iran or NK. That way their glorious leader can gently assure them what they're being told is "true."

Obviously being facetious, but something tells me that Trump supporters would still embrace it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The moment I've been waiting for ever since the election. The President has declared 'war' on the media, lets see if the American people are brainwashed enough to take the media's side or if they stand beside reason and the President. This is the primary reason I voted for you, Mr. President. Don't let them get away with this any longer.
    Pls Donald help me. I can't think by myself, verify sources, or read news from more than one place. I'm sure every thing you will say will always be right an true. I'don't want to realize he is doing exactly what he blame the media is doing...

The media is not the problems... Uneducated people who can't critically think like you are....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    He is fully allowed to attack the free press anytime he wants to. Freedom of speech. Same with attacking judicial review. He is free to say what he feels.
    Being free to do something does not mean you should.

When he calls for actually shutting down the free press or removes a judge because of an unfavorable ruling I will march in protest right next you. Until then, this is nothing but hysterical hyperbole.
    Calling for opening up libel laws isn't calling for restricting the press, apparently.

And no, you won't march.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I remember Obama used to attack fox news pretty often. But i guesse that, in this case, its ok.
    Hardly like this.

What Trump is doing is extremely dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I remember Obama used to attack fox news pretty often. But i guesse that, in this case, its ok.
    We engaging in Alternative History as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    I remember when Obama blew up the sun, and the liberal fake news media refused to cover it!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Calling for opening up libel laws isn't calling for restricting the press, apparently.
    Has he actually passed any legislation or written an EO regarding that? When he does, we can discuss it.

BTW - love how Melania won her libel suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has he actually passed any legislation or written an EO regarding that? When he does, we can discuss it.
    Do you not believe in the concept of red flags.

Yeah, usually the hookers turned trophy wives are shamed in the National Enquirer.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

She hasn't yet, actually. Unless you know something that I've not seen reported yet.

Though Donald lost one of the many lawsuits he's involved in the other week - http://ktla.com/2017/02/01/trump-gol...to-ex-members/

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I remember when Obama blew up the sun, and the liberal fake news media refused to cover it!
    SSsssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

We didn't that Solar Power could do that! We didn't knooooooooooooooooooowwwwww
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Hardly like this.

What Trump is doing is extremely dangerous.
    Not dangerous in any way. He is just stating his opinion (which many people agree with.) The MSM are the enemy. The do everything they can to spin every single article in the most negative way they can. They proffer innuendo as if it is fact. That is the reason for the "The leaks are real but the new is fake". The reason Trump asked Flynn to resign is not because he was found to be in some kind of compromising situation with Russia - he was asked to resign because he LIED to Trump about it. Shows you what an admirable man Trump is - he got rid of him. There was NOTHING improper about Flynn speaking to the Russian ambassador, even if he told him that Trump was going to remove the sanctions. He was the incoming NSA, he had the authority to talk to the Russians with absolutely no reservation at all.

Had Flynn not LIED about it to Trump, he would have not been asked to resign. He did nothing improper with regards to Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not dangerous in any way. He is just stating his opinion (which many people agree with.) The MSM are the enemy. The do everything they can to spin every single article in the most negative way they can. They proffer innuendo as if it is fact. That is the reason for the "The leaks are real but the new is fake". The reason Trump asked Flynn to resign is not because he was found to be in some kind of compromising situation with Russia - he was asked to resign because he LIED to Trump about it. Shows you what an admirable man Trump is - he got rid of him. There was NOTHING improper about Flynn speaking to the Russian ambassador, even if he told him that Trump was going to remove the sanctions. He was the incoming NSA, he had the authority to talk to the Russians with absolutely no reservation at all.

Had Flynn not LIED about it to Trump, he would have not been asked to resign. He did nothing improper with regards to Russia.
    Aside from the fact that Trump was not the President at that point.

Deleted
    Yeah, usually the hookers turned trophy wives are shamed in the National Enquirer.
    Wow - good thing you don't work for the NY Times.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from the fact that Trump was not the President at that point.
    And that does not matter one iota.

Then why would he feel compelled to lie to his boss about it? Have you ever done something at work that you were supposed to do, and then lied about having done it to your boss? Of course you haven't, because that doesn't make any god damn sense.

Also your facts in your first paragraph aren't even correct, do some more research.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's true? The scary part, is how often those who demonize free press, compare it ministry of truth. It becomes that authority is demonizing free press, by claiming its derived from authority. They are actually demonizing the authority free press has to hold government accountable, by claiming the government is the only truth. It's a very bizarre rationale, that contradicts it self in its own definition.

- - - Updated - - -

See what I mean?

Holding the government accountable is one thing, refusing to report news worthy stuff, and accurately is another.

They're giving him the platform, if they changed tactics they could be an agent for peace.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm genuinely interested in where the basis is coming from that the media, as a whole, is lying.
    Aside from people just parroting each other that the mainstream media is straight-out-and-out lying about everything, I'm not really sure where you guys are getting this.
    Yeah, some stories get posted without full vetting. It happens. Usually to Breitbart.
    Generally though, most news sources attempt some form of due diligence when vetting information. The spin comes from us on the Internet repeating it endlessly with our own snark added to it, me thinks. At least, until this election cycle.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow - good thing you don't work for the NY Times.
    Counting down the days before Melania's sex tape gets leaked and Trump cuts her loose as a liability.

And that does not matter one iota.
    Sorry, I believe that discussing policy with formal representatives of a foreign entity on behalf of the government when you are not a government official is generally a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    She hasn't yet, actually. Unless you know something that I've not seen reported yet.

Though Donald lost one of the many lawsuits he's involved in the other week - http://ktla.com/2017/02/01/trump-gol...to-ex-members/
    Why you post the link about Trump losing a lawsuit? Is that germane to the discussion at hand about libel - or freedom of the press? The lawsuit you posted had nothing to do with freedom of the press or libel.

BTW - Yes, i overstated that she "won" - instead, she basically made the libeling reporter settle (both he and his lawyer had no case to go further.)
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-02-18 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    http://www.hannity.com/articles/elec...-the-15464359/
    now not sure the main link source but each one links to another outside source.

but ya I know googleing stuff is hard