Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's raiding in the same sense that the Special Olympics are an athletic competition because it has 'Olympics' in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Nah still not raiding.
    Sorry bro
    Since Effenz said it isn't raiding of any kind that must mean the end of the thread right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And yet you feel entitled to tell others what they can and can't enjoy.
    Has not stopped you someone who has quit the game over the price of tokens and was an organized raider which makes you a minority of the LFR population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    because lfr isn't raiding lmfao.
    Well, technically it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Since Effenz said it isn't raiding of any kind that must mean the end of the thread right?
    I wish.
    Gonna get someone else to come with some completely off topic rant in a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Nah still not raiding.
    Sorry bro
    Sorry to brake it to you, but Blizzard disagrees and I think i'll go with their explanation over yours considering the fact that it's their game.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    It's raiding in the same sense that the Special Olympics are an athletic competition because it has 'Olympics' in the name.
    Is now the point that I tell you chances are the people in the special Olympics would most likely kick your ass in any/every event?
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-02-19 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Well, technically it is.
    As if they really cared. It may be raiding but to some people they don't care what anyone, including Blizz, has to say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    They drag it out like that because they get money on a per-month basis. They want you to pay for longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR pay's your raiding bill, So how about getting the fuck over your ego.
    No it doesn't.

The game had 12 million players before LFR, so your theory is fucking retarded.

LFR players arent raiders plain and simple. LFR isnt raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Sorry to brake it to you, but Blizzard disagrees and I think i'll go with their explanation over yours considering the fact that it's their game.
    Pretty much. While I not view it as an organized type of raiding such as normal and so on, due to the random nature of LFG/LFR it is still raiding in that you are with multiple groups of people to down something no matter how hard or easy it is. Blizz has said multiple times that it is raiding (hence the Looking for Raid moniker).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    No it doesn't.

LFR players arent raiders plain and simple. LFR isnt raiding.
    Hey Jaylock. What does LFR stand for? Why not go ask Blizz what it stands for if you are incapable of figuring it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you feel entitled to tell others what they can and can't enjoy.
    No, hes just saying if you (the ones who feel entitled to quicker LFR releases) actually put in the minimal amount of effort to find a group in the wonderful tool blizzard created, you would get to see the content. But for now, since your skill isnt up to par, or your willingness to even engage in anything other than a click of a button, you will have to wait for the time gate that Blizzard has chosen as necessary.

Get over yourself.

Why? What work are you putting in getting those bosses down exactly? They've done 2 week gaps before - dunno if they've done it for every wing before though.

No it doesn't.

Ask Blizzard. LFR was an attempt to justify raiding costs.

Although that's irrelevant to the OP. Whatever LFR is or isn't, they are dragging it out like that simply because they want people to sub for longer. It's a way of milking people for money. They have to do it because they can't do enough good content to make people stay without tricks.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-02-19 at 07:32 AM.

LFR pay's your raiding bill, So how about getting the fuck over your ego.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...03230542442496
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q:I have read posts that claim you have said LFR saved raiding from bean counters and the chopping block. I cant find this. T/F?
    Watcher:There are no "bean counters" -- just us prioritizing. Can justify larger raids, more art, when it's not just a few seeing it.
    Yup totally paying for the bill.

Fuck off with your alternative facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Pretty much. While I not view it as an organized type of raiding such as normal and so on, due to the random nature of LFG/LFR it is still raiding in that you are with multiple groups of people to down something no matter how hard or easy it is. Blizz has said multiple times that it is raiding (hence the Looking for Raid moniker).

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jaylock. What does LFR stand for? Why not go ask Blizz what it stands for if you are incapable of figuring it out.
    Hey Kyanion, just because the "R" in LFR stands for raid, doesn't mean that makes you or anyone who engages in it a raider. Raiding means coordinated group effort to overcome challenging bosses. LFR is just the easiest acronym blizzard gave to that form of queued content so people would know they would see the inside of the environments on story mode.

No matter how much you think LFR is raiding, its not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmagoo View Post
    Q:I have read posts that claim you have said LFR saved raiding from bean counters and the chopping block. I cant find this. T/F?
    Watcher:There are no "bean counters" -- just us prioritizing. Can justify larger raids, more art, when it's not just a few seeing it.

This is just classic! lol, and proves our point.

No, hes just saying if you (the ones who feel entitled to quicker LFR releases) actually put in the minimal amount of effort to find a group in the wonderful tool blizzard created, you would get to see the content. But for now, since your skill isnt up to par, or your willingness to even engage in anything other than a click of a button, you will have to wait for the time gate that Blizzard has chosen as necessary.

Get over yourself.
    Heh slow down a bit there on calling the 'wonderful tool' blizz created as exactly that. Not all of those groups go off without a hitch, some are a massive waste of time just to get organized and going only to fall apart because of X random thing or some dink pulling mobs to wipe the group and leaving. Some people don't have the time to dedicate to that much raiding and want to do LFR raiding on their time in chunks they can stand doing. But to insult player skill or willingness to do X is really pointless and has NOTHING to do with the point of people wanting to enjoy whatever content they want.

So to summarize, get over yourself.

My favorite part of raiding was always when they were trying to get a raid together. Because you're in a raid group you can't complete quests so you essentially get to look at the screen. You can't really leave and watch tv or youtube cause if the raid gets going and you miss the call, well you just wasted a few hours.

Yes, my favorite part of raiding was wasting an evening while the group started to get together and then collapsed. Usually a minimum of one hour (real time) gone.

LFR serves a real purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmagoo View Post

This is just classic! lol, and proves our point.
    Reading comprehension?

Watcher's quote CONFIRMS that LFR is there to help justify costs of making raids.

ROFL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Then you will start crying because "lack of content and easy raid". Get a guild, raid normal.
    Have to agree on this. For the casual who only want to LFR this leads to "lack of content" if it was all opened to fast.
    But.. I also see why that can be annoying. I don't care much for LFR, but I think its kind of strange that they changed the release model without any bluepost about why. Makes me wonder..

Hey Kyanion, just because the "R" in LFR stands for raid, doesn't mean that makes you or anyone who engages in it a raider. Raiding means coordinated group effort to overcome challenging bosses. LFR is just the easiest acronym blizzard gave to that form of queued content so people would know they would see the inside of the environments on story mode.

No matter how much you think LFR is raiding, its not.
    Actually this is YOU adding in meaning to what a raider is. Blizz has gone on record before saying LFR is raiding. I don't care if you like it or not. The challenging bosses part is just you spicing it up and has no meaning here. It isn't called 'story mode' either. Get off the high horse.

LFR is raiding, period. It may not be your cup of tea (and it isn't for me either) but it IS raiding. And to use your words: No matter how much you think LFR isn't raiding, it is.