Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They're making money with security that we pay for when they have the means to fund their own security as most billionaires do. Of course they're a bit more susceptible to danger being the president's children and all, and while not their fault, they're choosing to keep traveling the world to do business. If they wish to do so fine but either foot the bill or at least a significant portion of it.
    Should Obama's family pay for theirs also? What about the Bush family? Or Jimmy Carter's kids?

Trump funds his own travel. Stop spreading fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Should Obama's family pay for theirs also?
    No Obama (the president), his wife and <18 children who still live with him should be provided with security. Just like Melania and Barron even though they live in NY, they still need protection. But the >18yo children who want to travel abroad to do business either foot some of the bill or they stay in the states.

You let me know when Malia and Sasha are traveling abroad and making profits and I'll still complain.

How is providing them security "making money on our dime"? I'm legitimately curious how you arrive at that leap.
    Do you really need somebody to spell it out for you? I mean, this is grade school level connect the dots here.

- Americans Pay Taxes.
    - American Taxes Pay for the President's travel expenses.
    - The President vacations at a resorts owned by the President's personal Corporate interests.
    - The President PAYS, using AMERICAN TAXES, To stay at RESORTS THE PRESIDENT OWNS.

Therefore the President straight up pays himself, using YOUR MONEY, to stay at his own house. Not only that, but he pays for all of his associated baggage (security personnel etc that come along as well.

He literally might as well just skip the middle man and dump tax money directly into his personal bank account.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump also trying to get costs on stupidly over-expensive airplanes and such down by the billions, so this tiny travel expenses is nothing in the long run.

No Obama (the president), his wife and <18 children who still live with him should be provided with security. Just like Melania and Barron even though they live in NY, they still need protection. But the >18yo children who want to travel abroad to do business either foot some of the bill or they stay in the states.

You let me know when Malia and Sasha are traveling abroad and making profits and I'll still complain.
    So, you are also against Chelsea Clinton's security detail? She is also "making profits", as are all who are employed.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Trump funds his own travel. Stop spreading fake news.
    And accommodation? For everyone he takes with him? Also, source?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    He literally might as well just skip the middle man and dump tax money directly into his personal bank account.
    I mean, it's only been a month. Give it time, he'll get there.

Correct but why should we have to pay for the protection of his adult children? They certainly have the money to foot the bill.
    because its americans threatening to kill them....since he is president his children could be used against him in certain scenarios. added security costs money.

Do you really need somebody to spell it out for you? I mean, this is grade school level connect the dots here.

- Americans Pay Taxes.
    - The President vacations at a resorts owned by the President's personal Corporate interests.
    - The President PAYS, using AMERICAN TAXES, To stay at RESORTS THE PRESIDENT OWNS.

Therefore the President straight up pays himself, using YOUR MONEY, to stay at his own house. Not only that, but he pays for all of his associated baggage (security personnel etc that come along as well.

You are literally arguing against a point I never made. In fact, I already said Trump needs to keep his ass in Washington. MY POINT, is that it's ridiculous to deny security to Trumps children, based on either the fact they are adults, or that they have jobs and income. We provide security for every other adult child of former presidents. Except, those figures are not included in the OP's math game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you are also against Chelsea Clinton's security detail? She is also "making profits", as are all who are employed.
    Sure. Anyone that's making a profit off of our security should have to pay extra imo. Including Obama if he starts doing some speaking tours and his detail isn't sufficient enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    because its americans threatening to kill them....since he is president his children could be used against him in certain scenarios. added security costs money.
    Yes I get that but they're making profits from our security. Some of the bill should come from them if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Bottom line is, I think Trump merely exposed the ridiculousness of the system. Unintentionally, of course; he never really hid the fact that he's in it for the money, power and glory only.
    What a hero! Let's make sure when he leaves office he actually IS rich, with you giving him all the hundreds of millions of tax dollars he's siphoning into his bank account. That's the only way we can thank him for this!!!

,,|,,

Sure. Anyone that's making a profit off of our security should have to pay extra imo. Including Obama if he starts doing some speaking tours and his detail isn't sufficient enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I get that but they're making profits from our security. Some of the bill should come from them if that's the case.
    Do you ever wonder what we, as a nation, spend each year on Bill Clinton's security? Do we count up his vacations and compare them to other former presidents? Just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    The pettiness of antiTrumpsters is HILARIOUS!
    The leaps and bounds that you are making to defend him is even more hilarious, but do press on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you ever wonder what we, as a nation, spend each year on Bill Clinton's security? Do we count up his vacations and compare them to other former presidents? Just sayin....
    Not sure what point you're trying to make here? I made a simple point, if you are making a profit (and I'm talking real profits here not regular employment) be you a Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump or WHATEVER then if a minimum security detail is not enough to support you and your endeavors then you should pay some of the bill. That's all.

Once again its the Cheeto Hypocrite being exposed. When he bitched about Obama going on trips that cost the tax payer money. That being said no matter what or where the Prez decides to do his shit we have to protect him.

That being said, I have a problem if a) Extras security is being paid and he is profiting off it somehow in say Mara Largo. b) I read but still not really confirmed that his tow sons, Uday and Qusay are being protected under our money?

If any of these two become more flushed out. I want to see investigations, but somehow the party in power will ignore it.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here? I made a simple point, if you are making a profit (and I'm talking real profits here not regular employment) be you a Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump or WHATEVER then if a minimum security detail is not enough to support you and your endeavors then you should pay some of the bill. That's all.
    You are acting as if wrong doing has occurred or something. You also seem to have a BIZARRE disdain for anyone who makes their own paycheck, instead of getting it from another person.

I will ask again, as part of your proposed new law (current actions align with current law), do you also want to pull the security of Chelsea Clinton, or the Bush children, or any other former presidents children?

You also seem to not understand that protecting all of these people is a bigger national security issue, than it is a personal security issue. Do you have any clue what sort of things can happen if any of these children, from any of these presidents, are kidnapped? Wars have been started for less. Many wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are acting as if wrong doing has occurred or something. You also seem to have a BIZARRE disdain for anyone who makes their own paycheck, instead of getting it from another person.

I will ask again, as part of your proposed new law (current actions align with current law), do you also want to pull the security of Chelsea Clinton, or the Bush children, or any other former presidents children?

You also seem to not understand that protecting all of these people is a bigger national security issue, than it is a personal security issue. Do you have any clue what sort of things can happen if any of these children, from any of these presidents, are kidnapped? Wars have been started for less. Many wars.
    I didn't say pull the security I said they should pay some of the bill if they have the means to do so and are making a personal profit from it all. I realize I said earlier they should foot the entire bill but that is excessive I'll admit.

It's also like just my opinion man. Not like it's going to change since this really isn't a problem for most American people. But to me it bothers me if someone is becoming wealthy with security that I help pay for.

10+ Year Old Account

- Americans Pay Taxes.

It's no use trying to break it down for a right-winger, they thrive on willful ignorance.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I didn't say pull the security I said they should pay some of the bill if they have the means to do so and are making a personal profit from it all. I realize I said earlier they should foot the entire bill but that is excessive I'll admit.

It's also like just my opinion man. Not like it's going to change since this really isn't a problem for most American people. But to me it bothers me if someone is becoming wealthy with security that I help pay for.
    I keep asking but you never answer: How exactly are they profiting from security being provided? How is having security directly leading to increased profits? Do you even business, bro?