Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    People should not be afraid to go to the hospital or call an ambulance. I know organizations like MAPS will organize a tent at festivals for handling overdoses. Decriminalization and regulation is the best harm reduction option we have imo.

The war on drugs is NOT working. We can't even keep drugs out of prisons...
    Or in general just ask for help with their addiction. Which is why putting a mark on people doesn't serve anyone besides someone with a misguided sense of morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    There is a call (and some countries have it), for Drug testers at Dance Parties who can tell how Toxic your ecstasy is.
    Why not just confiscate it?

If they legalize Drugs

then there will not be any police at the entrance to dance festivals checking them for drugs.
    Probably more deaths. Although drug testers would be allowed.

I smoke Marijuana every now & then, but that is is hard as I go with drugs.

No one has died smoking a marijuana joint watching the Dandy Warhols for example.
    Its also near imposible to die from XTC (MDMA) if its pure, you need around 70-100 pills to overdose and that isnt deadly if people notice that early but who would eat 100 XTC pills ? LSD is also complet harmless.
    Amphetamin/Speed is also more or less harmless since its near impossible to become addictive but it can damage you alot if you use it over years.

If the gouverment would offer/legalize high quality MDMA we would have alot less dead "raver".
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-02-19 at 03:28 PM.

Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001 to incredible success. How can you argue with evidence?

https://www.thefix.com/content/decri...en-years-later

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Its also near imposible to die from XTC (MDMA) if its pure, you need around 70-100 pills to overdose and that isnt deadly if people notice that early but who would eat 100 XTC pills ?

If the gouverment would offer/legalize high quality MDMA we would have alot less dead "raver".
    Nearly every OD on MDMA is because the person combined it with a bunch of other junk or didn't actually take MDMA but told the people treating them that's what they took when they actually took something else ("I ate a pill") and it gets reported as an ecstasy OD even though it wasn't.

MDMA was made a class 1 drug against the wishes of doctors in the US by Congress because all drugs are bad or something even though doctors thought it could have therapeutic uses.

I'm betting a bunch of the GHB ODs in the article is because some dickhead had it in his water bottle and was passing it around to unsuspecting people.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why not just confiscate it?
    Because real MDMA really isn't that bad for you compared to what else you might have bought. If you confiscate it, they'll go buy more and who knows what it could be.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2017-02-19 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Because real MDMA really isn't that bad for you compared to what else you might have bought. If you confiscate it, they'll go buy more and who knows what it could be.
    Clubs aren't baby sitters. They shouldn't care if it's off their property.

1. Know your dealer and know your drugs.
    2. Don't use stuff you are not sure about.
    3. Use LSD it is virtually impossible to overdose, the experience will be mindblowing, and it is virtually impossible to use it often due to tolerance and emotional burden.

On a serious note - everyone knows drugs are bad.
    No one takes drugs by accident.
    You actually need to take steps to get drugs, while still knowing about dangers of the drug use.
    So whatever happens with you while you o drugs is your fault and your personal responsibility.

What to do.. Any Ideas.

22 people sent to Hospital in Melbourne over dosing on GHB ( Gamma-hydroxybutyrate ) , most critical condition.

There is a call (and some countries have it), for Drug testers at Dance Parties who can tell how Toxic your ecstasy is.
    How would this have helped the people who OD'd on GHB?

Deleted
    I think guidance is very important, especially for people who use drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    1. Know your dealer and know your drugs.
    2. Don't use stuff you are not sure about.
    3. Use LSD it is virtually impossible to overdose, the experience will be mindblowing, and it is virtually impossible to use it often due to tolerance and emotional burden.

On a serious note - everyone knows drugs are bad.
    No one takes drugs by accident.
    You actually need to take steps to get drugs, while still knowing about dangers of the drug use.
    So whatever happens with you while you o drugs is your fault and your personal responsibility.
    LSD is quite easy to overdose i saw enough people that bitched about how bad the LSD is and they took another piece, 1 hour later they was send straight to space.
    Even Albert Hoffman the inventor took a overdose on his first selftesting.
    But maybe you mean deadly overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    LSD is quite easy to overdose i saw enough people that bitched about how bad the LSD is and they took another piece, 1 hour later they was send straight to space.
    Even Albert Hoffman the inventor took a overdose on his first selftesting.
    But maybe you mean deadly overdose.
    Hoffman didn't overdose.
    He took more than he could handle at that point, since he had no idea what he was taking.

In order to really overdose on LSD so that you experience actual health problems, intoxication or death - you need to take stupid amounts of it. Like thousands of effective doses.

Unlike with amphetamines, cocaine or heroine, where you can really fuck yourself up with 5-10 doses.

Yes you can have a really bad trip and more than you can handle, but unless you fall out of the window - you probably will be ok.

Legalize drugs, and let drug users be responsible for the consequences of their own actions. If it's legalized, then the product will be made by intelligent people, instead of useless idiots. You cannot have quality control on an illegal product, because the only regulation that is in place, is prohibition. If you want people to be safe, legalize it.

You have to take insanely large amounts of GHB to overdose on it. I am sure this is a cocktail of things, either way it is their chose. Be it a bad on or not they did it to themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Hoffman didn't overdose.
    He took more than he could handle at that point, since he had no idea what he was taking.

In order to really overdose on LSD so that you experience actual health problems, intoxication or death - you need to take stupid amounts of it. Like thousands of effective doses.

Unlike with amphetamines, cocaine or heroine, where you can really fuck yourself up with 5-10 doses.

Yes you can have a really bad trip and more than you can handle, but unless you fall out of the window - you probably will be ok.
    This is the case with a lot of drugs. One of the papers in San Diego was talking about marijuana over doses sky rocketing this year. What was actually happening is people were eating dozens of doses at once from different teas or butters and doing extremely stupid things. Bad choices are killing these people not the drugs themselves. The drugs are just letting them fast track death by stupidity. It could just be semantics and they really mean over dose as in take too much of something. Which is accurate, but now most if not all people look at overdosing as a physically harmful if not deadly thing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

With most of drugs, including alcohol and nicotine for that matter the amount of effective doses you need to take in order to have serious health problems, or even due is not that high.

What to do.. Any Ideas.

22 people sent to Hospital in Melbourne over dosing on GHB ( Gamma-hydroxybutyrate ) , most critical condition.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...e48faa1623b1b0

Although that raises the legality of drugs in Australia.

Marijuana is illegal so I do not see Ecstasy or GHB reaching any legality shortly.

A lot of these young people at dance parties take Ecstasy or GHB because their friends do.

And a lot of young lives are being taken because of it.
    pfft...Darwin award winners...if they want to commit suicide then let them.

Deleted
    The problem is here are the stupid people who don't think when taking drugs. Drugs in most forms are fine if you get them tested before you take them and when you have the knowledge how to deal with it. Drugs like weed, xtc and even cocaine are highly manageable and not dangerous if you aren't a complete retard. You should know what amount your body needs and factor in age, sex, weight, etc. Drink plenty but not enough and read up on what you are taking.

Of course this doesn't work with some of the tougher drugs out there like crack, meth and heroine. But plenty of other substances are not dangerous if you know what to do. Drinking to much can be bad aswell and get you in coma but nothing is wrong when you drink the amount your body can handle. The same counts for almost every drug out there.

People should have an easy way to educate themselves about these things. Here in the netherlands you can just bring you drugs to a center and get them tested right on the spot. This way you know there aren't any bad substances mixed in and you can have a good time.

Btw the problem with GBH and all these accidents is because GBH is very hard to dose. It's a tricky formula and you can easily mess up the quantities. If 10 people take the same amount for example then there would be some that feel good, some feel almost nothing and the small people will go knock out because they had to much. A little bit to much can be bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thiazi View Post
    The problem is here are the stupid people who don't think when taking drugs. Drugs in most forms are fine if you get them tested before you take them and when you have the knowledge how to deal with it. Drugs like weed, xtc and even cocaine are highly manageable and not dangerous if you aren't a complete retard. You should know what amount your body needs and factor in age, sex, weight, etc. Drink plenty but not enough and read up on what you are taking.

Of course this doesn't work with some of the tougher drugs out there like crack, meth and heroine. But plenty of other substances are not dangerous if you know what to do. Drinking to much can be bad aswell and get you in coma but nothing is wrong when you drink the amount your body can handle. The same counts for almost every drug out there.

People should have an easy way to educate themselves about these things. Here in the netherlands you can just bring you drugs to a center and get them tested right on the spot. This way you know there aren't any bad substances mixed in and you can have a good time.

Btw the problem with GBH and all these accidents is because GBH is very hard to dose. It's a tricky formula and you can easily mess up the quantities. If 10 people take the same amount for example then there would be some that feel good, some feel almost nothing and the small people will go knock out because they had to much. A little bit to much can be bad.
    Yup. Five-star post, my darkest skinned friend of actually unknown ethnicity. GBH dosages are TINY, and there's some unusual synergistic effects with other intoxicants, especially alcohol. Combined together and both are essentially exponentially stronger. Not that it's usually a good idea to mix-and-match anything unless you know what you're doing (but boy can it be fun if you do it right).

Quote Originally Posted by thiazi View Post
    The problem is here are the stupid people who don't think when taking drugs.
    ...and maybe they're doing us all a favor...

I'm sorry but I have little sympathy for anyone taking drugs and dying as a result.
    They had to know the risk when they took them to begin with.

You play Russian roulette; you can't be too surprised when you eat that bullet.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2017-02-19 at 06:55 PM.

If they legalize Drugs

then there will not be any police at the entrance to dance festivals checking them for drugs.
    Probably more deaths. Although drug testers would be allowed.

I smoke Marijuana every now & then, but that is is hard as I go with drugs.

No one has died smoking a marijuana joint watching the Dandy Warhols for example.
    marijuana.....drug.....my sides

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Nope any form of use would classify the person as a user removing any rights they might have.

Anyhow as i said before if you can't see this and i also have no doubt that you don't know what addiction actually is, so i'm not going to go forward on this with you.
    See there you go again, wtf is this?

I haven't suggested removing anyone's rights. There is no right to welfare.