Low levels transmogged with higher level gear

So there's this level 29 warrior twink I've seen who uses the full recolored blue version of the Heroism set, which you can only obtain these days from Darkmoon Faire. It also has a minimum level 60 requirement, which is what confuses me. How did they do this? At first I thought the Darkmoon dungeon sets had been made exempt from level requirements in some patch, but I checked on a low level character and that wasn't the case. I also tried the old trick of transmogging a heirloom on a high level character and mailing that to the low level one, but that doesn't work any more either.

So what's the trick to doing this?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's possible, that the guy happens to own the Battlefield Barrens version of that set, the Insurrection set, (http://www.wowhead.com/item=97764/in...n-helm&bonus=0), and that appearance might not have a level restriction.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's possible, that the guy happens to own the Battlefield Barrens version of that set, the Insurrection set, (http://www.wowhead.com/item=97764/in...n-helm&bonus=0), and that appearance might not have a level restriction.
    When inspecting the gear the tooltip does say "Transmogrified to: Breastplate/Spaulders/etc of Heroism", so in that case wouldn't it say Insurrection instead?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    When inspecting the gear the tooltip does say "Transmogrified to: Breastplate/Spaulders/etc of Heroism", so in that case wouldn't it say Insurrection instead?
    Possibly yes. However, if it indeed says "X of Heroism", then it's because his main char earned the Heroism set back in Vanilla, which low level chars can mog.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Some appearances provided by quests don't have level requirements and can be mogged at any level. Trial of Valor sets are like that, can be mogged at level 1.