Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Totally unnecessary most of the time. Usually requirements are dog ass stupid for these pugs nowadays. And I was around when gearscore was all the rage. Usually the leader requires an ilevel above what the instance drops or some shit like that. Makes it fairly hard for this community to actually expand and I'd say it is one of the biggest issues in the game today. Followed by the titanforge/legendary system.
    so true lol, I thought GS checks were bad in WotLK, but these days ilvl/achieve reqs are stupid as hell.

People ask for curve/hc achievements for NORMAL Gul'dan all the time. Oh yeah and need to have ilvl 900+ as well. Like what. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    shit 910 ilvl for heroic gul'dan, group must fill up.....by 7.2
    You'd actually be surprised, there are no shortage of 910 bag ilvl DPS looking for a quick and easy gul'dan heroic kill. The tip-top ilvl guys (many legendaries, mythic nighthold) have a bag ilvl closer to 925

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Totally unnecessary most of the time. Usually requirements are dog ass stupid for these pugs nowadays. And I was around when gearscore was all the rage. Usually the leader requires an ilevel above what the instance drops or some shit like that. Makes it fairly hard for this community to actually expand and I'd say it is one of the biggest issues in the game today. Followed by the titanforge/legendary system.
    Unfortunately guldan is one of those fights where you can't carry an idiot spreading fire all around, so you kinda have to filter out people who cant check dbm every once in a while.

The biggest issue is actually what OP is raising is that people lie (since when liying is commonly accepted?) and arent arsed to read a guide / stay focused for 5 min

Well, that's only the cheap ones.. you also have those who bought the achievement.

If the raid leader is stupid enough not to armory, his problem.

Pretty reasonable these days imo. It's pretty ridiculous, people have been asking for AOTC for Gul'dan since the first week NH was out. Almost every group is asking for AOTC and 900+ ilvl for Gul'dan and even the earlier bosses now.

10+ Year Old Account
    the thing that boggles my mind is that people demand ahead of the curve or cutting edge for xavius when forming emerald nightmare runs, when the achievement hasn't been obtainable now for better part of a month, so the pool of players for cutting edge (fortunately i am one of the earlier ones of this), is exceptionally small relative to the number of runs being made for that content, it works out being around 100k players worldwide with the FoS, it's pathetic, then you get the muppets demanding heroic gul'dan ahead of the curve and an item level that even mythic raiders are struggling to hit for a pug run that more often than not can't even kill skorpyron.

Back before I was in a good guild I used to get all my aotc's with fake achieve, as a tank, you don't need the achieve to not be stupid

I don't bother to check people's Armoury's, but the people linking fake Achievements with absurd dates is pretty funny. Had someone link me Keystone Master with the the year being earned as 20177 If you're gonna fake it make sure you're not a complete moron before doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    My main paladin, i usally make raids but alot and alot of people when i raid, are getting away with fake achievements and are getting invited alot, most raid leaders cba checking all players in raid, so people getting free pass.

whats your take on this?
    Raid leaders brought it upon themselves & I don't feel bad in the slightest. When you have competent, let alone skilled, players who for one reason or another did not get their achievements for something in the first week (due to resubbing later, pugging instead of guild runs, taking their time to hit level cap, etc) & a large portion of other pug groups won't invite you even if you know the fights then it encourages people to fake it.

I understand the people who want a quick run if they are farming, but if your group is not that type of group then knowing the fight(s) through research is good enough, combined with proving that you have good numbers/awareness after being invited. Having the real achievement does not prove you are good, and for all anyone knows even with having the real achievement you could have easily been carried by a good pug at some point, or even bought a carry. Having the actual achievement means nothing for most content nowadays.

Off topic: I know we're talking about raid achs, but in terms of faking PvP achs to get into groups the group lead requiring a specific pvp achievement is even more of an empty requirement. Most group leaders who require members to have a 2k+ rating achievement themselves do not have that achievement in the current season, so in the strictest sense are asking things of group members that they do not have. Most of the people like this that I have looked up on the armory had gotten their achievement 2+ years ago. So basically they used to possibly be that good at pvp to get the achievement, but the game has changed so much since they got the achievement that now they are showing off their achievement that they are 'good' during a completely different pvp meta that they have not re-proven their skill during.

Not my runs so it doesn't matter. I have known plenty of people to get into runs linking fake achievements or somebody elses. If the raid lead isn't going to check that is on them. This is a non issue, just as I don't care about runs wanting or not wanting links, I don't care about this. Why would anybody care?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    dunno about you but my unequipped ilvl, the one that shows in the group finder, is 15 ilvls higher then my equipped mostly due to legendaries in bags.
    yup, they screw with u a lot. im at 911 unequiped and 905 equiped without raiding mythic
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2017-02-20 at 05:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When people ask for Curve for doing normal, ofc people are gonna use an fake achievement
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    The "issue" has existed since they were introduced in Wrath. Back in the day "curve" didn't exist, so it was "Link clear ACM". And since that time people started faking them.

Its pretty easy to see if an ACM is faked. People who actually care about them put fakers on igno and boot them out of the raid. If the leader can't even check ACMs, why bother?

If you put in ridiculous requireents people will try to game the system. Its nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    The biggest issue is actually what OP is raising is that people lie (since when liying is commonly accepted?) and arent arsed to read a guide / stay focused for 5 min
    That's part of the problem though. If you did legitimately get the achievement without being carried then you know the fight(s) already and no longer have need the watch the fights on youtube. However, if you expect people to watch the fights/read a guide (which is a given requirement to raid tbf) then it should also be assumed that those players are the ones who don't have the achievement already.

So if you're going to expect raiders to read guides then it should only be fair that you are actually inviting some of these people who have read them and are adequately good, but who don't have the achievement yet. Otherwise, the reading a guide requirement is redundant.

quick link armory addon ftw for my nm grps any1 that doesn't link betrayer's or dosent have 10/10 nm on armory dosen't get invited by me regardless of ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    That being said, it wouldn't be an issue at all if idiots would stop asking for Cutting Edge: Xavius for a +5 Arcway run.
    To be fair...that +5 arcway is probably harder than mythic xavius :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    Unfortunately guldan is one of those fights where you can't carry an idiot spreading fire all around, so you kinda have to filter out people who cant check dbm every once in a while.

You generally don't need to kill a boss or outgear it by 10-20 ilevels to know fire is bad. Also everyone around the person can see that person has fire before it is put down by about 3 seconds. If they don't move away from them they are just as bad.

Doesnt matter when you pull youll know if they know or not, but even with aotc some people are still bad or the raid leader does some weird strategy

Fake achievements is such a hard word, let's call them Alternachievements

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really nothing new. Addons or other methods of linking fake achievements have existed probably as long as achievements themselves have.

People who fake achievements deserve what they get - which is a leader who doesn't check, usually resulting in a raid that doesn't go very well.