Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thank you VERY much for all of the feedback, all. As one of you mentioned, researching PSUs takes you down a bit of a rabbit hole before too long, and I was finding myself mired, muddled and confused within a half hour or so. I really needed a good starting point to figure out where I needed to go.

As it stands it seems that Seasonic has the trust/respect of a good many of you, so I'll start my research down that line and see where it takes me.

I absolutely do NOT plan on cheaping out on the PSU since, as I stated in my OP, it is the lifeblood of the system. But I know that price does not equal quality anywhere in the world, so I needed to be sure I was going to start researching PSUs from a quality source. You've reassured me that Seasonic is a good place to find it.

Thank you kindly!

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Thank you VERY much for all of the feedback, all. As one of you mentioned, researching PSUs takes you down a bit of a rabbit hole before too long, and I was finding myself mired, muddled and confused within a half hour or so. I really needed a good starting point to figure out where I needed to go.

As it stands it seems that Seasonic has the trust/respect of a good many of you, so I'll start my research down that line and see where it takes me.

I absolutely do NOT plan on cheaping out on the PSU since, as I stated in my OP, it is the lifeblood of the system. But I know that price does not equal quality anywhere in the world, so I needed to be sure I was going to start researching PSUs from a quality source. You've reassured me that Seasonic is a good place to find it.

Thank you kindly!
    Use this site for PSU guide http://www.jonnyguru.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Seasonic (The kings of PSU and the ones that makes most of the other brands PSU's)
    Corsair
    Evga
    Chieftec (had a 1200w psu from them and it lasted allmost 7 years)
    Cooler master (BUT do some research first on the models. My brother is still using hes 6 year old 750w silver model)

Stay away from
    Antec
    be quiet!
    Cooltek
    Enermax
    Sharkoon
    Silverstone
    Thermaltake
    XFX

They have WAY to many fuck up models
    I'm sorry, but this list seems rather uninformed...

- Corsair has generally good psus, but stay away from the CX line.
    - Enermax was one of the best manufacturers back in the day. 10-15 years ago, Enermax was THE brand for high quality. They are still good, but somehow more rare today.
    - Be Quiet is really good, although very expensive.
    - XFX is rebranded Seasonic. So saying they are bad, while praising Seasonic is a bit weird....
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Seasonic (The kings of PSU and the ones that makes most of the other brands PSU's)
    Corsair
    Evga
    Cooler master (BUT do some research first on the models. My brother is still using hes 6 year old 750w silver model)

Stay away from
    Antec
    be quiet!
    Cooltek
    Enermax
    Sharkoon
    Silverstone
    Thermaltake
    XFX

They have WAY to many fuck up models

- - - Updated - - -

Seasonic is not among the best. They ARE THE BEST and they make about 60% of all other brands PSU's
    Seasonic is great, not the best, but really high up there. There certainly are better, but at the consumer level, yeah, they are among the best since their pricing is pretty decent. There are much better ones out there, but you're gonna pay a lot more than a Seasonic.

It's also funny that you say Seasonic is the best, you say to stay away from XFX. You do realize that every single XFX PSU is simply a Seasonic PSU with an XFX sticker on it right? So You have no idea what you are talking about really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anecdotal evidence of one unit doesn't make a good brand.

Seasonic is not among the best. They ARE THE BEST and they make about 60% of all other brands PSU's
    It's definitely not 'the best'. That's a pretty definitive statement. They're very good, and often the most affordable with good quality, but calling it 'the best' changes a statement from 'accurate' to 'wrong' They also definitely don't make 60%. More like... 10-20%. The largest manufacturers are things like Channel Well (CWT), HEC, Andyson, Sirtec, FSP. Some are good, some are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It's also funny that you say Seasonic is the best, you say to stay away from XFX. You do realize that every single XFX PSU is simply a Seasonic PSU with an XFX sticker on it right? So You have no idea what you are talking about really.
    Same with Be Quiet. Most of their units are Seasonic.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

This is one of the most trusted reviewers for power supplies out there: http://www.jonnyguru.com/

I personally replaced my 8 year old Corsair with an EVGA, couldn't be happier. I personally trust EVGA, Corsair, and Seasonic. Model dependant, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    SeaSonic is small in comparison to CWT and FSP.
    People recommend them because they tend to have a high bar for their 'low end' (which price range is still mid to high). The issue of course is it also tends to be more expensive. You'd be hard pressed to find low quality capacitors in their PSUs because they want to hold onto a certain level of reputation especially also being a retail front.
    Honestly speaking, their high end (titanium) I would say is the best of the market along AX1500i. They don't use in cable capacitors which are a pain like Super Flower, Corsair and Andyson (and some base CWT models) nor do they cheat on benchmarks (like hold up time).
    Have yet to see their new Focus and Prime (gold) series though.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-02-21 at 02:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Seasonic is great, not the best, but really high up there. There certainly are better, but at the consumer level, yeah, they are among the best since their pricing is pretty decent. There are much better ones out there, but you're gonna pay a lot more than a Seasonic.

They are the best on the consumer market and the only reason why i don't have one, is because they cost to much here in Denmark

Seasonic makes about 60-70% of the PSU. The rest is up to the brands that are buying them. If Seasonic made every thing for the brand, then they would not be able to sell there own PSU's and that is where XFX comes in to the picture. They fuck up allmost every time with the last 30%. some of them have good reviews, but most people end up having to RMA them and that is why many of the Hardware sellers here in Denmark don't sell the. To many RMA cases
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

They are the best on the consumer market and the only reason why i don't have one, is because they cost to much here in Denmark

Seasonic makes about 60-70% of the PSU. The rest is up to the brands that are buying them. If Seasonic made every thing for the brand, then they would not be able to sell there own PSU's and that is where XFX comes in to the picture. They fuck up allmost every time with the last 30%. some of them have good reviews, but most people end up having to RMA them and that is why many of the Hardware sellers here in Denmark don't sell the. To many RMA cases
    Where in DK do you live? A quick tour on komplett.dk and Proshop.dk shows that Corsair and Seasonic PSUs are equal in price. I've just checked edbpriser.dk aswell, Corsairs and Seasonics in all performance brackets are within 5-100 DKK ( 0.71 cents - 15$).
    Even if Seasonics where expensive by a larger margin, within reasons of course, I would probably still buy one if I was a dire hard fan like you sound to be.

And look at this list. Personally I had no idea that there are so many manufactureres of PSUs. Your precious Seasonics are just a small fish in a very big market, even if you take rebranding into account: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...er,2913-4.html

And oh, XFX PSUs are selling from 8 resellers in DK if you do a quick search on edbpriser.dk

Before my present job as an IT administrator, I worked in IT retail and still have friends in the business. They can't recognize your claims to alot of XFX RMAs. Many well-known brands, according to my friend at Atea, have pretty much the same fail rate with a slight advantage to Corsair.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jegerlee View Post
    Where in DK do you live? A quick tour on komplett.dk and Proshop.dk shows that Corsair and Seasonic PSUs are equal in price. I've just checked edbpriser.dk aswell, Corsairs and Seasonics in all performance brackets are within 5-100 DKK ( 0.71 cents - 15$).
    Even if Seasonics where expensive by a larger margin, within reasons of course, I would probably still buy one if I was a dire hard fan like you sound to be.

And look at this list. Personally I had no idea that there are so many manufactureres of PSUs. Your precious Seasonics are just a small fish in a very big market, even if you take rebranding into account: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...er,2913-4.html

And oh, XFX PSUs are selling from 8 resellers in DK if you do a quick search on edbpriser.dk

Before my present job as an IT administrator, I worked in IT retail and still have friends in the business. They can't recognize your claims to alot of XFX RMAs. Many well-known brands, according to my friend at Atea, have pretty much the same fail rate with a slight advantage to Corsair.
    And i allso have alot of friends in the Hardware selling business and they all say that XFX has the highest RMA and Corsair has one of the lowest.

Lets look at the price of Seasonic. The only Seasonic 750w Gold PSU i can find on edbpriser is this Sea Sonic G Series 750 and it cost 1.047 Kr. I got my Corsair RMx 750w Gold for 700 Kr. on sell at Computercity and 2 or 3 weeks ago Komplett had the 1000w on sell for 900 Kr. . Never seen Seasonic on sell anywhere here in Denmark.

Then the XFX on edbpriser. I can only say LOL. Only 2 dealers on that list that i and 70% of all other Danes would ever deal with. Århus-PC lager APS lol WHAT.
    Only Computersalg and Proshop on that list that are good Hardware sellers. No Komplett, No BJ-Trading, No Dustin and i could go on. Why do you think non of the big dealers have them for sall?????

Seasonic is by far the best maker of PSU's, as mentioned above, they make everyone other brands PSU's.

EVGA's G2 models are very well priced and are their best models.

http://pcpartpicker.com/
    ^^One of the best places to build and window shop.

PSU's- http://pcpartpicker.com/products/pow...&p=1,2&e=6,5,4

And i allso have alot of friends in the Hardware selling business and they all say that XFX has the highest RMA and Corsair has one of the lowest.

Lets look at the price of Seasonic. The only Seasonic 750w Gold PSU i can find on edbpriser is this Sea Sonic G Series 750 and it cost 1.047 Kr. I got my Corsair RMx 750w Gold for 700 Kr. on sell at Computercity and 2 or 3 weeks ago Komplett had the 1000w on sell for 900 Kr. . Never seen Seasonic on sell anywhere here in Denmark.

Then the XFX on edbpriser. I can only say LOL. Only 2 dealers on that list that i and 70% of all other Danes would ever deal with. Århus-PC lager APS lol WHAT.
    Only Computersalg and Proshop on that list that are good Hardware sellers. No Komplett, No BJ-Trading, No Dustin and i could go on. Why do you think non of the big dealers have them for sall?????
    The issue is not whether or not the PSUs are on sale. If they are, great. But the fact is when they are not, they are equal in price, period.
    So if one needs a PSU, they can choose whatever brand they prefer and not disregard it because of price. In this case Corsair vs. Seasonic.
    And a price diffence of ~300 kr? Maybe it's just me, but I'm brand loyal too in many regards and I would personally pay up.

And what is up with all your numbers you pull out of thin air?? Unless you can back it up with other than some empirical feelings, they are bullshit.
    Disregarding Komplett.dk and BJ trading? Shit. You really live up to your nick.

Sorry OP.
    Look at some of the first posts some of the others users have made. They are excellent.
    The only thing tjald and I can agree on is that Corsair, atleast in DK, have a low RMA rate.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

If XFX has the highest RMA rate then those Seasonic PSUs suck. That's all they are, Seasonic PSUs:
    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page625.htm

Every single one is made by Seasonic. XFX does not make PSUs. They buy them from Seasonic, put an XFX sticker on them and put them in an XFX box. They are Seasonic PSUs, plain and simple. So you saying Seasonic is the best and XFX is the worst is.......stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Seasonic is by far the best maker of PSU's, as mentioned above, they make everyone other brands PSU's.

EVGA's G2 models are very well priced and are their best models.

http://pcpartpicker.com/
    ^^One of the best places to build and window shop.

PSU's- http://pcpartpicker.com/products/pow...&p=1,2&e=6,5,4
    No, they are not the best. As @Remilia explained, they hold even their lowest end PSUs to a certain quality and so are known for that. There are much better PSUs out there though, just not really at the consumer level. They also don't make near "everyone other brands PSU's". They are a small fish in a big pond. There are quite a few other PSU makers out there. The difference is, Seasonic not only makes PSUs for others to rebrand, but they sell them directly. Most of the other PSU makers don't do that. They don't have their own retail brand. They only make them for other people to sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Same with Be Quiet. Most of their units are Seasonic.
    Be Quiet! has a few Seasonic PSUs, but most are FSP.
    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_a...s/Page1354.htm

Thread should have ended when someone said just check johnny guru. The problem is you cant just broadly suggest one company usually, you need to look at individual reviews of the model you are interested in.

I guess it all varies on what level you buy, I've done Antec (still have one that's 5+ years old), Cool master, Corsair, Thermaltake, Seasonic and only had 1 to fail after about 4 years of use and a series of power spikes. I really cant say after 10-12 PC builds that I've had issues with any of them, but I normally don't go for the cheapest ones, I go for the mid and upper level models so maybe that's why. I also have trusted HardOCP.com to guide me along. I normally buy whatever they give their gold or silver rating to.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-02-21 at 04:26 PM.

Seasonic are meant to be top tier. I use EVGA G2 and that's meant to be great.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...-list-updated/

Here's a really good list
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day