Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Criteria for Warcraft Villain; believe what you're doing is for the greater good, while harming others in the process.

So yeah, he's a villain just like Illidan, Sargeras, Deathwing, Arthas, Garrosh and a bunch of others.
    Deathwing and Arthas are not really under that catagory... You have to see greater good in a whole different perspective.

I think that Wrathion can be a villan, but also a good guy. The last scene in MoP ends with him being scoulded by the bartender who tells him that it is the hardships and fights that we go through in life, that have made us strong. The horde and the alliance have survived through the previous dangers because they constantly had to go up against each other and try to become more powerfull.

What if Wrathion, while he pushed it away at first, took this very litterally? Maybe the whole WoD thing was a win-win situation for him. Either the Iron Horde would take over Azeroth and be powerful enough to defeat the Legion or the Horde/Alliance would win and become stronger through their fight with the Iron Horde. Ofcourse he could not have known that his actions with timetravel would create the burning legions invasion of Azeroth, but from a standpoint of being the protector of Azeroth, he did pretty well.

Anyway, for him to a future villian, there has to be a reason for him to attack us or for us to attack him, and so far nothing has really been lost from our time in WoD and we are doing things he like atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    No, he is stupid. He tried to do the great "Master of Puppets, i know what im doing" to save the world, he wasted it and now is hiding because he knows he ruined it.
    Well he did leave with quite a bang, so why would he be hiding? Only the adventures know of his "failed" plan to create a stronger union on Azeroth and nothing was wasted. He got what he wanted mostly, since he gained a mogu heart infused with the power of a titan and the blessing of the August Celestials. He won alot in MoP and lost very little.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Deathwing and Arthas are not really under that catagory... You have to see greater good in a whole different perspective.
    Deathwing wanted to protect his kind, fell for the manipulation and corruption of the Old Gods. Arthas wanted to save his people, took up a cursed blade and almost killed all life.

Wrathion wanted to stop the Legion, backed Garrosh's radical plan to wipe all other races/factions from the planet. Then frees him and has him sent to Draenor to do it all over again.

The legion invading is just more of his bad decisions, but his Horde schemes are what makes him a villain, since it would have led to mass deaths of most of the races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Wrathion is complex, he's neither an out and out villain nor is he really in the general heroic vein. You might call him an anti-hero or an anti-villain depending on your frame of reference. I believe he is honest in his stated goal of saving Azeroth (if he is deceitful then he is also skilled enough to deceive all four of Pandaria's Celestials) - but I think he's made of a number of mistakes in his plans to secure Azeroth's safety. The Iron Horde/Legion debacle stands at the forefront of these mistakes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Criteria for Warcraft Villain; believe what you're doing is for the greater good, while harming others in the process.

So yeah, he's a villain just like Illidan, Sargeras, Deathwing, Arthas, Garrosh and a bunch of others.
    So Thrall is a villain? Khadgar is a villain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

7+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing wanted to protect his kind, fell for the manipulation and corruption of the Old Gods. Arthas wanted to save his people, took up a cursed blade and almost killed all life.

Wrathion wanted to stop the Legion, backed Garrosh's radical plan to wipe all other races/factions from the planet. Then frees him and has him sent to Draenor to do it all over again.

The legion invading is just more of his bad decisions, but his Horde schemes are what makes him a villain, since it would have led to mass deaths of most of the races.
    When Deathwing was a villian to us, he just wanted destrution. I am not talking about having a past, where they did things. I am talking about the present, where they were villians to us and where that mattered. Arthas did not seem to have any greater good in mind in Wrath, other then death to all.

But Wrathion is not doing anything with Grom. Grom, for the most part, is just evil in both MoP and WoD. He is in a power delusion, where nobody else matter but him. Also, Wrathion had nothing to do with the Legion in WoD. It was us, the players, who freed Gul'dan and let him run rampart, which Wrathion could again not forsee.

So again, there is nothing pointing to him being a villian in the present. If he showed up on the broken isle with an army to battle the legion, Blizzard would have to come up with some really hard bullshit if they wanted to give a reason for us to attack him.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, Wrathion seems like a anti hero. He wants to save Azeroth but his methods are really unecessary.

In honesty, screw him. Rewards us with the cloak while having us craft him a legendary weapon for him in return.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

It seems like they've forgotten about Wrathion for now

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    (if he is deceitful then he is also skilled enough to deceive all four of Pandaria's Celestials)
    Its called being sober, a rarity in that hedonistic shithole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its called being sober, a rarity in that hedonistic shithole.
    I'm not sure I take your meaning? Do you mean that the Celestials were too drunk to judge Wrathion's characters or that Wrathion was too sober to be deceitful? I don't think either the Celestials or Wrathion drink overmuch, given the givens. Given that the Celestials are essentially demigods/Ancients it would be a definite coup if Wrathion was able to deceive them (if deceit was his goal in the first place).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He is just a kid pretending to be a full grown adult with vast of knowledge which actions end in tragedy or really screwing the world, that is why he is hiding, beside of been a fugitive he is shame for himself

I'm not sure I take your meaning? Do you mean that the Celestials were too drunk to judge Wrathion's characters or that Wrathion was too sober to be deceitful? I don't think either the Celestials or Wrathion drink overmuch, given the givens. Given that the Celestials are essentially demigods/Ancients it would be a definite coup if Wrathion was able to deceive them (if deceit was his goal in the first place).
    Celestials are so used to babysitting a bunch of intoxicated manchildren that they would never imagine someone could possibly try to deceive them. Wrathion had it easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Celestials are so used to babysitting a bunch of intoxicated manchildren that they would never imagine someone could possibly try to deceive them. Wrathion had it easy.
    Ah. Possibly so, I guess. The Celestials also woefully misjudged the ramifications of releasing Garrosh during his trial in "War Crimes," I imagine that they're collectively off kicking themselves since Garrosh's actions indirectly made the Legion invasion of Azeroth possible.

Ah. Possibly so, I guess. The Celestials also woefully misjudged the ramifications of releasing Garrosh during his trial in "War Crimes," I imagine that they're collectively off kicking themselves since Garrosh's actions indirectly made the Legion invasion of Azeroth possible.
    Celestial like any powerful being in azeroth can had a lot of flawless like mortals, just look at neltharion or how malygos screw many things, even cenarius in warcraft 3 could had teach to the orcs about a more pacific way of getting wood and resource without damaging the environment and that would had avoid the corruption 2.0 of the orcs

Deleted
    can't our battle pets smash his whelp form?