Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    More roleplay features.

Yeah, I know few people on WoW does RP, but it's about fucking time Blizzard acknowledged the fact it -exists-.

Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    If they did that I'd have no complaints. But this teeter totter of buffing and nerfing so we can be pigeon-holed into using a specific one, especially now that legendaries have been introduced, is ridiculous.
    Yeah, agreed. There is some room for improvement.

Blizz should add a debuff that would remove 0.5% of boss' HP every 2 second in LFR, so in worst case scenario boss would die on its own, IMHO, current LFR is too hard for its target audience. It'd make it much easier for geared raiders to carry people in LFR. Everyone would win in that situation.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-20 at 07:52 AM.

Make my own wow with blackjack and hookers!

Remove LFR and normal, remove queues, remove transmog, remove daily quests, remove pet battles and make the game globally harder (dungeons, quests, etc.)

-ditch lfr
    -ditch mythic
    -back to normal and heroic only raids (heroic being current mythic difficulty)
    -flying when max level in all zones
    -in between raid tiers bring back mini raids
    -drop legendaries back to a wotlk/cata crafting/gathering style
    -xmog all weapon types to one another
    -pvp talent tree is available instantly, no grinding
    -reduce leveling time 1-100 in half
    -ditch mythic keystones and chests
    -Normal dungeons < heroic dungeons < normal raid < heroic raid for loot progression
    -revert to wotlk/cata style proffs, but keep newer leveling systems
    -remove most consumables keeping only pots and food
    -remove titanforge system, all loot drops at same ilvl
    -add 2-3 new dungeons per raid tier that drop higher ilvl then previous dungeons (wotlk cata style)
    -back to group loot for all modes unles changed by leader in a premade
    -no more coins for loot
    -snake mount

An easy way to make it more social would be to set up a "live feed" of any friend. When you switch it on, a new chat window will open and it will give you a feed of their activities. Among the things it may include are: mobs killed, items looted, gold acquired, quests completed, achievements earned, tradeskill actions, and other types of character progress. You can switch it off or minimize the window just like any other window. It should be an option to set toast alerts for different accomplishments.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Many many more achievements and a reason to get them.

I play for achievements, but theres not enough, nothing of any real substansial value.

Ide add many many more meaningful achievements and also have a vendor that sells things, or even an Artifact styled progression to point. Every 1000 points or so, choose a specific cosmetic rewards to unlock, everythings unlockable eventually.

Also, ide make achievements actually account wide, none of this BS like 100 BG wins is needed on one and only one character.

Would also make reps account wide, but any quests to gain rep in them would only grant rep for the first character completing it.
    In 7.2 we will get achievements for completing every tier sets and whole new tab for it, so there are improvements in this cathegory.

Things I would make account-wide:

- exploration and flight paths
    - old reputations
    - secondary professions

- Prestige level
    - artifact Paragon traits

Also, I would rework whole profession thing and made it account-wide tab. For every max level character you can unlock another 700-800 profession. So, for example, if you have 5x100 and 1x110, you can unlock 1 profession up to 800 + Legion questline and another 5 professions up to 700. You can switch professions of course (you can do it even now without losing Legion recipes). For many this may be controversial, but look how they handled mounts and transmog.

I understand that many developers want WoW to be all about 1 character, but almost every player play alts. They borrowed many great ideas (maybe with exception of random loot stats ;P) from Diablo 3, why not alt support? I think for every game like this D3 should be a model how to handle alts.

save all character / realm files , remake the whole game in HD version

Deleted
    I know it sounds like many changes, but it really isn't. It's more like a wish list.
    1: Remove titan-forge. RNG have to large a impact on gear.
    2: Introduce valor points, for gear and upgrading.
    3: Pvp gear vendor. Got way to many marks of honor. Note that is is purely to get upgrades in slots that we are unlucky to get rng-gear from.
    4: Reforging. In a time with heavy RNG we should be able to reforge a piece of gear that have better ilvl but wrong stats.

I'd get rid of all the "creative director" team. They are responsible for retarded systems implemented in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Also, I would rework whole profession thing and made it account-wide tab. For every max level character you can unlock another 700-800 profession. So, for example, if you have 5x100 and 1x110, you can unlock 1 profession up to 800 + Legion questline and another 5 professions up to 700. You can switch professions of course (you can do it even now without losing Legion recipes). For many this may be controversial, but look how they handled mounts and transmog.

I understand that many developers want WoW to be all about 1 character, but almost every player play alts. They borrowed many great ideas (maybe with exception of random loot stats ;P) from Diablo 3, why not alt support? I think for every game like this D3 should be a model how to handle alts.
    Unlike D3 WoW has relatively good and healthy in-game economy and AH. No player in WoW should be entirely self-sufficient by default, self-sufficiency comes at a price in WoW, e.g. time spent on levelling alts, getting all mats, etc.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-20 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    End WOW with a bang killing off all lore heroes or most of them, and make WOW2 years in the future with a better graphics engine, etc, 4 to 8 races max, with maybe 8 classes.
    MMO's as a whole have been dying for a while now, and doing something as catastrophic as actually ending WoW and making a WoW2 where everyone has to start over will more than likely be the final nail in the coffin for MMOs as a whole. WoW has only lived on this long because so many people are already so invested in the game. I myself have tried to play other MMOs but always come back to WoW because of all the work I've already put in. I don't want to have to start over from nothing and have to work so hard to get back to where I was with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: AP grind removal.
    2: More alt friendly features.
    3: LFR removal.
    4: Adding flying gnome kebab and tauren foodtruck mounts for cooking.
    5: Reps account wide.
    6: Legendaries obtain by quests in WOTLK - Vanila alike.
    7: Mythics removal.
    8: Realm firsts removal.
    9: Bringing back daily quests.
    10: Making garrisons revelant again.
    11: Adding Farahlon.
    12: Bringing back reforging.
    13: Add new toy that when you use, you may kick Bobby Kottick ass and shoot him far away with one kick.
    14: Normal/Heroic only raids and 10/25 only like in WOTLK,CATA and MOP.
    15: Nerf retri paladins to use only auto attack, or suicide skill.
    16: Add timewalking zones/raids.
    17: Corgi mount add.
    18: Kill whiny Thrall.

Deleted
    I am someone who is a dedicated raider, so my view is a bit biased.

With that in mind, some points I would love to see in WoW:

Improve storytelling by a lot. WoW is notoriously bad at being an RPG. If you look at games like SWTOR (only played it when it came out), I felt a connection with my characters. The fact that you did not simply read quest texts in a window that pops up, but get actually toldthe objective of the quest in person made questing in SWTOR much, much more enjoyable for me. The social missions with my followers were truly only side-business and had no lasting impact on te endgame, but boy I loved them. Give WoW more questing content for solo players, but make it optional. This would allow people to ignore such quests on their n-th alt, but would allow some fun solo-gameplay along the line when you don't feel like raiding or dungeons. So the second point is to allow for more optional questing content.

Provide more actual content outside of raiding/dungeons. This would in turn allow for raiding to get back to its core roots. Allow for some progression paths outside of raiding, and then remove LFR. Put the LFR rewards into content that is vastly different from dungeons/raids. Give solo players a way to earn them without the humilation of a system that is LFR. This also improves raiding, since its once again the content you step in when you want to organize a group.

Bring back optional grinds, remove mandatory grinds. AK/AP is stupid. its not actual content. Legion is extremely thin with content, actually. All I do when I log in is checking WQS for crafting quests that yield BoS, do them, and then I'm back to having no content besides dungeon running for AP, mixed with a bit Brawlers Guild for teh lulz. Give us more "For teh lulz" content. The rep grind on timeless Isle is a great example, as well as the bone grind on the Oondaasta island. Both were optional, both were fun.

Removing caps is a stupid idea. We still have raid lockouts for a reason. Because rate-limiting stuff is actually healthy. The current AP/AK system isn't "fun". Its a system thats stupid. The cap is not removed, its just so high you don't other or burn out reaching it. The weekly VP cap in cata was the best system. You could either do the daily HC and got it full, or you did chain-running of dungeons on a day of your choosing,m or something in between. And when you were done, you could go play an alt without batting an eye that you might lose out on AP on your main. I mainly play one character (~75% of my time), but I like having some alts, too. I am glad that I finally have 54 traits in my mains main spec weapon and can play some alts. but when I look to 7.2, I don#t feel joy. I dread the new AP grind. I was relieved to be done with it, i don#t particularly look forward to doing it again.

Reduce the amount of RNG. WoW always had RNG. But never have we gotten so much gear, and never has it been so useless. The item must drop and must titanforge. And only a view select items are usable, since both sockets and reforging - two ways to improve an item that had bad stats - are gone. legendaries that improve performace are stupid if they are so RNG dependent, but gladly Blizzard already aknowledged that (they said somewhere if they did it again Legendaries would only be utility, like the Plate boots with run speed).

Give us guild housing. I would love to be able to buy a place in SW where my guild could meet. With guild bank and the ability to decorate it. I'd probably hand there all the time instead of my class hall.

Make us a hero. the is a significant difference between being a hero and the hero. The latter is stupid and makes me feel stupid while playing WoW. I am the leader of my class. But so is the other Dk in my raid. and the other on, he too. And while I am the great leader, I actually get to decide .... nothing. Nothing at all. All I do is run around following orders. So please, make me a hero. A brave adventurer who goes into the world and helps out. Who groups together with 20 other people who are his equals to defeat the Evil(TM). This somewhat touches on my first point, storytelling.... the story itself is bad.
    Last edited by mmoc66fd52c90f; 2017-02-20 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    when a new expansion hits, make it so that leveling takes actually some month and not just a couple of days. The game has been revolving around things to do once you hit top level instead of having stuff to do while leveling. Upon reaching top level, extra stuff to do dont feel so rewarding anymore, whereas, if you were still leveling, i believe they would feel much more rewarding towards your aim, being reaching top level. Or just make a brand new game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Unlike D3 WoW has quite good in-game economy and AH. No player in WoW should be entirely self-sufficient by default, self-sufficiency comes at a price in WoW, e.g. time spent on levelling alts, getting all mats, etc.
    With tab like this you still need to level 11 chars to unlock all professions. It could be made server wide, so for example if you make new alt on different server, you can pick only 1 profession (or make it 2 for every char, so you need 6 max level on server to unlock all legion level professions) from the tab, but you don't have to do questline for new recipes anymore. Collecting all recipes would be another thing for completionist like mounts, toy, transmog, pets in the past. And switching professions would come with gold cost, just like it is now.

I hate Legendaries, get rid of them. Go back to an actual MMO loot model.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    -ditch lfr
    -ditch mythic
    -back to normal and heroic only raids (heroic being current mythic difficulty)
    -flying when max level in all zones
    -in between raid tiers bring back mini raids
    -drop legendaries back to a wotlk/cata crafting/gathering style
    -xmog all weapon types to one another
    -pvp talent tree is available instantly, no grinding
    -reduce leveling time 1-100 in half
    -ditch mythic keystones and chests
    -Normal dungeons < heroic dungeons < normal raid < heroic raid for loot progression
    -revert to wotlk/cata style proffs, but keep newer leveling systems
    -remove most consumables keeping only pots and food
    -remove titanforge system, all loot drops at same ilvl
    -add 2-3 new dungeons per raid tier that drop higher ilvl then previous dungeons (wotlk cata style)
    -back to group loot for all modes unles changed by leader in a premade
    -no more coins for loot
    -snake mount
    Removing LFR would exile a lot of players, I don't understand how this harms anyone as it's no wear near forced content.

How would removing "extra hard" difficulty level "improve" the game.

normal and heroic only - Remember Blizzard make mythic first then remove elements and it becomes HC / normal not the other way around. What raid size would the only normal / HC be.

Why is flying off the bat a good thing?

When was the last time wow had mini raid between raids unless you're talking about the opening raids like Throne of thunder? Kara?

You'd go back to only the special snow flake in your guild gets a legendary and then top guilds will have to level that alt and class stack

Xmog rogue daggers into mace? druid claws into swords?

Don't see a downside in pvp talents

If you half the required time to level you'd miss out on A LOT of quests / rep / content as it stands you reach 100 even before you finish the last zone.

why would removing keystones be an "improvement" ?

The gear requirement and grind is fine imo, it's the player influence req ilvl that messed it up. (870 ilvl req for normal EN when EN drops 850 etc)

7+ Year Old Account
    Implement two separate types of realms for dedicated and casual players with different sets of rules.
    Let casuals grind AP and farm legendaries\warforged and allow raiders to "have raid-or-die" approach with strict ilvls and minimal to none grind.

Also, hire real people to design classes. This department is full of complete fools these days.
    Last edited by Crimewave; 2017-02-20 at 08:55 AM.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.