Mistweavers in PvP

So I was under the impression that the spec isn't doing so well anymore given the removal of Mistwalk, but then a guildmate of mine told me the following:

Can any experienced Mistweavers chime in on this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Velimere View Post
    So I was under the impression that the spec isn't doing so well anymore given the removal of Mistwalk, but then a guildmate of mine told me the following:

Can any experienced Mistweavers chime in on this matter?
    the nerf in mistwalk in RBGs meant nearly nothing. Mistweaver is still the #1 RBG healer by a gigantic margin, that margin just isn't as last season anymore though (where 85% of 1800+ healing players were MWs, right now that number is *checks arenamate*.... roundly 50% of all the 1800+ RBG players)

Edit: On arenas, mistweaver remained at the bottom of participation (but that number didn't decrease with the removal of mistwalk, as FB gave MW another strong defensive cooldown), but that can't say much given how the arena participation dropped 50% from legion S1 to legion S2 and basically nobody plays it anymore save a few people.
    Last edited by Nuba; 2017-04-24 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added arena info

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    the nerf in mistwalk in RBGs meant nearly nothing.
    I absolutely disagree, but I only dabble in rbgs around 1600 for random weekly games. The addition of a defensive cd was nice, but now instead of dying in 3 seconds in a stun, I die in 4 seconds. mistwalking out of danger before the stun could land was crucial, now even if you roll (assuming port is down) you can still be stunned/kicked/gripped and die very quickly. PVP is a lot less fun now so I've been playing a lot less. I can't even tolerate the 3 matches for the brawl this week.

Quote Originally Posted by salovia View Post
    I absolutely disagree, but I only dabble in rbgs around 1600 for random weekly games. The addition of a defensive cd was nice, but now instead of dying in 3 seconds in a stun, I die in 4 seconds. mistwalking out of danger before the stun could land was crucial, now even if you roll (assuming port is down) you can still be stunned/kicked/gripped and die very quickly. PVP is a lot less fun now so I've been playing a lot less. I can't even tolerate the 3 matches for the brawl this week.
    oh you mean MWs aren't an unstoppable healing machine incapable of being hit anymore and the only viable healer for RBGs in the game? How sad isn't it?

Its still the #1 by a huge margin, you can't deny that. The fact you can't faceroll free wins and actually has to have a small almost-non-existant game vision in order to play the character is if anything a step in the right direction

Deleted
    Not trash in PvE? Clearly this guy is bonkers

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your good at kiting with proper peels from teammates then there's no way melee can catch you sometimes lol

Mistwalk was good but with the buffs to soothing mist and new defensive cd, it's actually not that bad now. (good compensation)

10+ Year Old Account
    the nerf in mistwalk in RBGs meant nearly nothing. Mistweaver is still the #1 RBG healer by a gigantic margin, that margin just isn't as last season anymore though (where 85% of 1800+ healing players were MWs, right now that number is *checks arenamate*.... roundly 50% of all the 1800+ RBG players)
    You literally just contradicted yourself. First you say the Mistwalk nerf meant nearly nothing, then you go ahead and say they went from 85% representation to 50% representation after the nerf.... Pretty sure a 41.2% decline is a bit more significant than "nearly nothing".
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You literally just contradicted yourself. First you say the Mistwalk nerf meant nearly nothing, then you go ahead and say they went from 85% representation to 50% representation after the nerf.... Pretty sure a 41.2% decline is a bit more significant than "nearly nothing".
    couldn't it be *surprised face* that maybe, just maybe, it made possible that other players, playing other specs, could actually have a slightly chance of healing on RBGs and thus were able to play?
    Going from "its the only healer for rbgs" to "its by far the best unchallenged healer in rbgs" doesn't mean it became bad, mister American

10+ Year Old Account
    couldn't it be *surprised face* that maybe, just maybe, it made possible that other players, playing other specs, could actually have a slightly chance of healing on RBGs and thus were able to play?
    Going from "its the only healer for rbgs" to "its by far the best unchallenged healer in rbgs" doesn't mean it became bad, mister American
    I'm not saying the change was unwarranted, what I'm saying is that your comment was grade-A bullcrap. The change made it so that only 58.2% of the MWs who were playing before the nerf are still playing now after the nerf post 1800. It's pretty significant change, much more so than your "herpa derp nearly nothing" remark.

Also, I still say Resto Druids are the most OP healers right now both in PvP and PvE. They need to nerf their bear forms or just remove it, they already have plenty of CCs/mobility to deal with attackers, they don't also need to turn into tanks.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm not saying the change was unwarranted, what I'm saying is that your comment was grade-A bullcrap. The change made it so that only 58.2% of the MWs who were playing before the nerf are still playing now after the nerf post 1800. It's pretty significant change, much more so than your "herpa derp nearly nothing" remark.

Also, I still say Resto Druids are the most OP healers right now both in PvP and PvE. They need to nerf their bear forms or just remove it, they already have plenty of CCs/mobility to deal with attackers, they don't also need to turn into tanks.
    resto druids are not the most overpowered healer in RBGs, which is the entire point of the poster above.

Mistweaver went from the literally the only viable RBG healer, to the best rbg healer. There's a reason why people still run x3 or x2 mistweaver standard.