Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Trump and family travel expenses in one month surpasses Obama's average yearly cost

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7586261.html

"The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

Conservative watchdog Judicial Watch estimated Mr Obama’s travel expenses totalled an average $12.1m in each of his eight years in the White House. The three Mar-a-Lago trips in Palm Beach cost the federal treasury around $10m, based on figures used in an October government report analysing White House travel."

That darn Obama with his out of control personal expenses!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unacceptable. How in the world are people still in favour of this guy after he didn't even drain the swamp.

Only gonna go downhill from here once the taxes kick in.

Also, Obama's travel expenses didn't go to his own businesses.

Trump turns down the president salary because he's going to funnel millions of tax payer dollars into his businesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as he doesn't use the governmental funds for it, I don't care how much he spends on anything. In fact, it would be better if he spent his entire wealth just traveling around and not doing anything: every time he tries to do something in the White House, it ends up being a disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    As long as he doesn't use the governmental funds for it, I don't care how much he spends on anything.
    What the flying fuck do you think he's spending?

As long as he doesn't use the governmental funds for it, I don't care how much he spends on anything.
    Every weekend, he is going to a private resort and government is paying for it.

Oh - and did I mention, the resort is he going to is one he OWNS, so the government is paying HIM to go there.

So not only is it costing taxpayers way more, Trump is getting the money right into his pockets.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-02-19 at 04:16 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I think I'm okay with him spending tax money on shit like this if it prevents him from signing a few executive orders.
    Yeah, instead he is having high level top security crisis meetings about NK in the dining area and people are taking photos and posting on facebook.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Guys, it's ok that he wastes so much of the taxpayers money. Clinton charged secret service for being on his property. He's only being paid 1 dollar for being president. Obama raised his salary to 400k.

Fakes news.

Hillary.

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Maybe with all that money he's funneling to himself he can buy a suit that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I think I'm okay with him spending tax money on shit like this if it prevents him from signing a few executive orders.
    He is not the one writing them he is just a robo signer someone else does the work, so his vacations are just to make himself richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7586261.html

"The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

Conservative watchdog Judicial Watch estimated Mr Obama’s travel expenses totalled an average $12.1m in each of his eight years in the White House. The three Mar-a-Lago trips in Palm Beach cost the federal treasury around $10m, based on figures used in an October government report analysing White House travel."

That darn Obama with his out of control personal expenses!!!!
    Wait. Why and how in the god damn holy fuck are his sons charging their travel costs to the presidential expense account?

Love of Trump supporters laughed it off when people said he'd use the office to enrich himself. He didn't even wait one weekend to start.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Obama raised his salary to 400k.
    Not only does the president not have the power to raise his own salary (Congress makes that decision, and it doesn't take effect until the next presidential term), the last salary increase for the president was approved under Bill Clinton in 1999 and went into effect for George W Bush in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wait. Why and how in the god damn holy fuck are his sons charging their travel costs to the presidential expense account?
    Because as family of the president, they need protection. I don't think they're actually paying for the sons trips, but the security surrounding them. At least, I hope not. Still a shit show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Secret Service costs since he's his direct son. His son probably travels multiple times a week on a private jet, and needs an entourage of SS to come with him on another jet/plane. Food, hotels, rentals, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    To think of it, even Obama's number was pretty insane. $1m a month for travel expenses only is a bit too much for one family, even that of the US president. The president is supposed to be our employee/servant, not the demigod.

Another thought is, since the president already gets a very high income of $400k/y, he/she should rely on this income and his/her personal funds while traveling. I don't care if the president has to take economy-class flights: everybody else does, so why does the president get special treatment? What's with the private jets and all? There was a prime minister in New Zealand who hitch-hiked his way to the office every day, and James Cameron often biked to the parliament. Why does the US president get such special treatment, like what kings get?

---

Bottom line is, I think Trump merely exposed the ridiculousness of the system. Unintentionally, of course; he never really hid the fact that he's in it for the money, power and glory only.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    In a way I am glad that the US is not the only people who take their tax payers for a ride, we've had this kind of behavior in Sweden for a long time, our elected officials even have special government credit cards, over the years they amass massive expenses through inner city cab fares, dinners, hotels etcetera.

An amusing moment is when one of our ministers, decides that he is to fly to another airport, in the same city instead of taking cab or some reasonable transport.

I hope you can oust this behavior as soon as possible.

To think of it, even Obama's number was pretty insane. $1m a month for travel expenses only is a bit too much for one family, even that of the US president. The president is supposed to be our employee/servant, not the demigod.

Another thought is, since the president already gets a very high income of $400k/y, he/she should rely on this income and his/her personal funds while traveling. I don't care if the president has to take economy-class flights: everybody else does, so why does the president get special treatment? What's with the private jets and all? There was a prime minister in New Zealand who hitch-hiked his way to the office every day, and James Cameron often biked to the parliament. Why does the US president get such special treatment, like what kings get?
    As much as Air Force One costs to fly, a big part of the expense is the Secret Service expenditures that go beyond normal duties.

I don't know what level of seriousness you were going for in your post, but it's not really feasible overall to have the leader of a country that's in the top-30 GDPs, and the commander of the largest overall military force, ride on a plane with Betty-Lou and her unvaccinated child.

Though, to be fair, it's Trump, so fuggit.

So can we now all agree that we are past the whole 'Trump is literally Hitler' phase? There haven't been any riots in the past few days, so I guess things are finally starting to normalize.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn