Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV (best p2p MMO imo)

Neverwinter (its f2p and p2w but is still fun)

DCUO (Fair f2p model imo)

Upcoming Skyforge Ps4 release.

Elder Scrolls Online (Can get a cheap used copy for like $15 and then decide if its worth $15 a month or just buy the DLC packs when u want them).
    Remember ESO technically requires a sub on console because PS Plus and Xbox Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Remember ESO technically requires a sub on console because PS Plus and Xbox Live.
    That is true, I do assume that if someone is on ether system they got those memberships.

Will edit that into my post tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Game is great and nearly all specs are super enjoyable to play (All 3 rogue specs are actually interesting and not exactly the same!) with a couple of exceptions. Pushing for realm first Mythic NH.

But sucks as my brother no longer plays. Career Warlock and refuses to resub as his class has been fked from what it was in MoP, the theft of Demo abilities and given to DH was nail in the coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't care if it's a sub game or not. I just want the best available. Won't be returning to this hellhole that is called wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Artifact Power grind and the need to play 1-2 additional days outside of raiding to keep up with current mythic raiding for more than 2 months. I'm fine with playing a lot at the beginning of an expansion. That's expected of course. But having to continue a grind over an expansion with no end in sight? No thanks. Raiding is the best it's ever been so it's a shame but I'm no longer interested in playing 4-7 days per week. Hopefully they make a change I'd love to come back eventually.
    QFT. I was going to do a write up but this covered it absolutely perfectly for me as well.

Didn't feel like playing for a year without flying.

Because it's literally the biggest waste of time in the world and Legion made that even more blatant than it is for normal MMOs. It's really obvious if you resub 2 months before the next expansion, you will be able to get max artifact power, legendaries will rain from the sky, and maybe class balance will be restored.

Anyone who played at launch is a damn fool for continuing to play. The time it takes to get anywhere in this game decreases exponentially as weeks pass. That's tens of thousands more hours for more useful and fun activities. I have a real life to live.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Reading through this as a long time player since Vanilla that still very much enjoys the game, I must say that I'm relatively confused as to many of the reasons which people choose to quit over. *Shrugs* Oh well, I try to understand most of these, and some of them make some sense... However, it seems that a lot of people have very strange and grandiose ideas about what makes a game worthwhile... I mean, what is usually mentioned doesn't even exist... So, I suppose I just don't understand the negative emotions that are being had over the game. :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I didn't. Why would you think I had?

- - - Updated - - -

Why not try actually playing the game!
    You can play it how you like, I'll play it how I like :/

Those who claims they quit the game because some random dude who does lfr and world quest gets better gear than mythic raiders: LMAO!

Stop lying, its not true! There is 0.000001% of the population who MIGHT have 880 from said content, while mythic raiders got 900+ by now. You need a full set of Titanforged with every item proc to 895 to get 900+ as a "scrub" who does lfr and WQ. Show me all those who have that from that content please.

Last time I unsubbed was end of Cata/beginning of MoP. Had less to do with the game than it did with me. I had been playing a LOT, raiding on 6 toons, and real life was missing me. Never lurked here or made a post about it in forums, just deleted the game and went to play outdoors. Spent several years wondering the world (Scotland, Mexico, Patagonia...) running trails and making new friends. Resubbed after buying a new computer last year. The game is great but it's only a matter of time till I take another break. The world is big and no one should spend their whole life staring at computer screens.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Can someone recommend me a good mmorpg or arpg kind of game for ps4?
    Definitely try FFXIV. Similar to WoW, but better in some ways.

I quit WoW months ago, just got bored with doing the same thing every day. Log in, do world quests, run the same old raids every week for mounts/transmog, maybe do a mythic dungeon here and there if my guild was up for it. It got old really quick. Especially after legendaries came out, from what I hear it's still not a great system. Went back to FFXIV, haven't looked back yet.

I'm sure I'll come back to WoW again eventually though.
    Cool as a cucumber.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Jesus H another one of these posts!?

7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't willing to pay for a server transfer, again, in order to raid at the level I desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    I don't care if it's a sub game or not. I just want the best available. Won't be returning to this hellhole that is called wow.
    then go play FFXIV - it much much bettr game then wow atm - the only downside is slow as fuck cds on abilities you use.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    then go play FFXIV - it much much bettr game then wow atm - the only downside is slow as fuck cds on abilities you use.
    To be honest, I thought the same at first, but after reaching level 60 on a dark knight, there's so many buttons to press I don't wish for the cooldowns to be faster anymore.
    Last edited by Tome; 2017-02-23 at 09:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karthius View Post
    This isn't for users who are currently subbed/playing you are clearly enjoying the game so you should be in there having fun!

Now me like many others may quit the game but not the franchise. That said I check the forums and my favorite youtubers from time to time to see if anything exciting is happening to get me back in the game. Sadly nothing yet I was looking forward to Nighthold but there was an issue with Legion that I didn't realize was the reason I quit until a few days ago. I explain

Before Legion I was mostly a heroic raider (normal pre MOP). So Normal 10 mans were my end game goals, get the tier set, the gears and all that good stuff I always looked forward to my raids hoping my pc would finally drop this week and I be the one to win it etc etc (Clear path to success).

With Legion everything was changed with Mythic+ and TF/WF. Now I like these features a lot but these were not needed in Legion. I realize I got so bored and tired of the game so quickly because at the time of TOV release I was already sitting at 880 iLVL (this is 5 lvls a head of Nighthold Normal). While yes I could of pushed mythics and Mythic+15s etc and grind artifact power those were never end game for me (re-running the same dungeons for days and capping out my paragon). So after TOV launched I already had better gear than the heroic version of the raid and even if there was a nice item I would have to pray and hope it scaled up to a certain ilvl that justifies replying my +mythic 8s/10s.

With all that said eventually I logged in less and less. Didn't care for world quest after getting 2 legendaries, and the suramar campaign was 100% complete (including the weekly ones) so I simply started playing my PS4 and I haven't renewed my sub since. I've been playing ESO recently and having fun in that not sure if it's permanent or until wow feels desirable again. But for the other people who unsubbed why did you unsub?
    Mostly unsubbed because I was forced too, I was hacked from January - April 2015, Blizzard saw that, they banned the account, but once I returned from my work trip (To which I've provided evidence, flight tickets, hotel reciets and reservation confirmation & THE proof of ownership: My authentication key from the vanilla box that I bought 12 years ago) I took control of my account again ,changed the password and all that, then asked them to return It to me and they refused. Being unable to see the difference betweenn me, the owner and the hacker. Claiming that I on purpose shared the account, and allowed harassment to happen on my account that way and therefore I was to blame as well and was not given back my account.

So because Blizzard are such stubborn babies, who don't want to do their work, check their facts or care for player loyalty, I'm unable to play the game I've loved for 10 years and literally half of my life - because loyalty to a billion dollar company means nothing.

A year and 10 months later, still arguing with them over this fact, with over 300+ tickets made, 200+ emails sent, 2+ phone calls, 100+ live web chats later... still nothing. Their Customer Support process Is SO automated, they're unable to do anything manually anymore and that just leaves many Innocent people like me as victims of their new automation.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Had a baby so play time dropped not been a issue with my other children but due to the nature of the grind and my play style of wanted to be always play at the highest level possible it was just not possible to stay at the level with my play time. So callled it a day for now

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Mostly unsubbed because I was forced too, I was hacked from January - April 2015, Blizzard saw that, they banned the account, but once I returned from my work trip (To which I've provided evidence, flight tickets, hotel reciets and reservation confirmation & THE proof of ownership: My authentication key from the vanilla box that I bought 12 years ago) I took control of my account again ,changed the password and all that, then asked them to return It to me and they refused. Being unable to see the difference betweenn me, the owner and the hacker. Claiming that I on purpose shared the account, and allowed harassment to happen on my account that way and therefore I was to blame as well and was not given back my account.

So because Blizzard are such stubborn babies, who don't want to do their work, check their facts or care for player loyalty, I'm unable to play the game I've loved for 10 years and literally half of my life - because loyalty to a billion dollar company means nothing.

A year and 10 months later, still arguing with them over this fact, with over 300+ tickets made, 200+ emails sent, 2+ phone calls, 100+ live web chats later... still nothing. Their Customer Support process Is SO automated, they're unable to do anything manually anymore and that just leaves many Innocent people like me as victims of their new automation.
    Or they are just automated because they don't want to deal with you? After 300 tickets I can't imagine why.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    So I never actually unsubbed, I just haven't logged on for more than a few minutes here and there since early December.

I really enjoy legion, and rate it among MoP and LK as the best the game's been. It is time consuming though. I was faced with some tough choices in life, and decided to free up some time by cutting out raiding in WoW. With that gone, I basically had no reason to get on other than to say hi to some guildees and stare at my shaman.
    About the same for me. I wouldn't say how high I rate this xpac compared to the old ones, but it is playable and I enjoyed most of my time online from release to early January, when I have cancelled my sub, for the exact same reason (free some time for stuff more important to me this time of the year).

Sometimes I think about coming back. My guildies still go strong, raiding M NH, farming M+ dungeons and all the usual stuff. But when I think about the time I need to spend to catch up to them, it kills my instinct to come back. More time passes, harder will be to resume raiding. So probably I will resub when the next xpac goes live and everyone is reset.