Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm just a guy that sees a video of a nazi getting punched on youtube and goes "deserved it".
    Nobody deserves getting punched just because someone doesn't like what they're doing. It's fine to defend yourself, it's not fine to be the instigator.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    because it has a greater impact then just the two people involved, it leads to a normalization of violence as a political tool, it erodes the moral high ground of those on the left that i might otherwise agree with and it may even be counter productive and help spread nazisim.
    Violence isn't as rare as you seem to think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    . As I have friends who are Trump supporters who cannot defend themselves in a fight, it worries me and makes me wish that the law would be enforced and free speech upheld in America.
    Free speech is being upheld as the government isn't coming to arrest you yet and the law would have been enforced but the "victim" in this case didn't want to press charges or even give their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Another case of a masked vigilante/superhero punching a Neo-Nazi in the face. Are we witnessesing a rige in vigilantism?

California Polytechnic State University - Around 1 p.m. on Thursday, a young man was punched by an unidentified person with a covered face in front of Robert E. Kennedy Library.

The young man was passing out fliers with neo-Nazi sentiment Wednesday in the same location. The fliers portrayed a Nazi symbol with the words, “American Nazi Party” and “Symbol of White Power.”

University Police Department (UPD) officials were called out about someone distributing hate speech, university spokesperson Matt Lazier said. They spoke to the man and determined that no laws were broken and his actions were protected under free speech, so he was allowed on his way, Lazier said.

While the man was handing out fliers again Thursday, he was approached and punched in the face by an unidentified suspect who ran away. UPD was called out but the man who was punched declined to file a report or provide officers with his name, Lazier said.
    It's a sad day when free speech is no longer a sacred belief of the left.

I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Nobody deserves getting punched just because someone doesn't like what they're doing. It's fine to defend yourself, it's not fine to be the instigator.
    Nah you use these light words in a way I find most odd. I disagree with people who put ketchup on their steak. I don't like when people cook their steaks well done.

Dislike or don't like is nowhere near descriptive of what I feel towards a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Free speech is being upheld as the government isn't coming to arrest you yet and the law would have been enforced but the "victim" in this case didn't want to press charges or even give their name.
    GOOD, I want it to be upheld. That's all.

Can you guys go defend the nazis irl, and get punched as well? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Violence isn't as rare as you seem to think it is.
    no but we shouldn't be condoning it or encouraging it ether by talking about how they deserved what they got.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah you use these light words in a way I find most odd. I disagree with people who put ketchup on their steak. I don't like when people cook their steaks well done.

Dislike or don't like is nowhere near descriptive of what I feel towards a nazi.
    Okay, and so what? You're the scum if you're the instigator, not the nazi.

Here's how. I believe that leftists are angry over the election. I believe that SOME OF THEM don't see a vast difference between a nazi and a Trump supporter. I'm afraid that the angry, disillusioned left who can't tell the difference between a nazi and a Trump supporter may start punching Trump supporters too. As I have friends who are Trump supporters who cannot defend themselves in a fight, it worries me and makes me wish that the law would be enforced and free speech upheld in America.
    You mean like how Trump supporters attacked minorities who showed up to rallies? Or the attacks on minorities while people yell "TRUMP!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Can you guys go defend the nazis irl, and get punched as well? Thanks in advance.
    Long as we are allowed to laugh at blm protesters getting hit by cars I think we can find a happy middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    defending someone's right to political speech isn't the same as defending the ideology.

I despise the WBC, but I don't believe the answer is to punch them. Besides, don't get it twisted, you aren't punching anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Okay, and so what? You're the scum if you're the instigator, not the nazi.
    So you don't think people who call for genocide is scum? Nazis are not scum?

Well now I know where you are coming from and feel this discussion has run it's course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well, I do wonder what will happen when these people start suing the cities, schools, and states for not protesting them while they are engaged in legal political speech, it's how the WBC got rich after all.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Long as we are allowed to laugh at blm protesters getting hit by cars I think we can find a happy middle ground.
    I think this is a thing everyone can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's a sad day when free speech is no longer a sacred belief of the left.

I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.
    - Voltaire
    I don't think that's been true of most Americans for a while now.

Edited: Actually this was a misquote, disregard.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-02-23 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    defending someone's right to political speech isn't the same as defending the ideology.

I despise the WBC, but I don't believe the answer is to punch them. Besides, don't get it twisted, you aren't punching anyone.
    no no see if you defend there right to exist and speak that makes you one of them, so the aclu is now a nazi organization duh https://www.aclu.org/other/aclu-hist...-speech-skokie

I think this is a thing everyone can get behind.
    Indeed, indeed.

When Nazi's start blocking traffic, ill be the first to laugh at their spinning bodies.

Yes, I also condemn those actions.

I may be mistaken, but are you equating Trump supporters to Nazis? If so, are you one of the exact people I am worried about in my post you quoted? Do you think it's okay to punch Trump supporters?
    It's more common for people to only have concerns for their own issues and not the broader picture.