Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, the neo Nazi wouldn't have got any press at all if someone didn't punch him, now he's all over the internet, people will see the OP story and Google it so instead of 18 people encountering this neo Nazi, hundreds of thousands are.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except I never made any posts indicating I knew anything about the identify of the hero that punched the nazi in the face. If I had, I'd have high fived you for it though : )

TIL being against nazi's means you're against free speech. Also, this is my position. Not sure why people think mods are some kind of hivemind or something, though that would sure make moderating a whole lot easier!
    Neither did the person you quoted. They said they were black bloc which is NOTORIOUSLY anonymous. And oh look there you go advocating violence. You're a Nazi yourself pretty much.

He did nothing illegal so, yes, assaulting him is being against free speech. It is his right to say what he wants as long as it doesn't target a specific person or the various other rules that the SC has set.

So once again, I'll laugh when someone punches you in the face for speaking your mind one day if it's ok for you to laugh and high five someone else exercising their first amendment rights. I think Nazis are appalling, but advocating violence over someone who hasn't done anything criminal is just as wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    It probably will, and I hope you'll be proud of your decisions when someone punches you in the face for your opinions.
    Nope, then they'll cry tyranny etc just like the woman at the women's march who punched a guy then cried when he punched her back and said he needed to be arrested and not her.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Neither did the person you quoted. They said they were black bloc which is NOTORIOUSLY anonymous. And oh look there you go advocating violence. You're a Nazi yourself pretty much.
    Sure, but what relevance does that have? I mean, there are a million people/groups it could have potentially been, but we have zero information given that the Nazi didn't give a description. So why bring any one group up, other than to simply have a whine?

And apparently, supporting punching Nazi's in the face makes me a Nazi now?...Alright bro, I guess that's reasonable somehow.

He did nothing illegal so, yes, assaulting him is being against free speech. It is his right to say what he wants as long as it doesn't target a specific person or the various other rules that the SC has set.
    No, it's being against what he is saying, which is vile, racist filth. He has every right to say it, and homeboy can assault him as a result of it and be held accountable for his assault.

So once again, I'll laugh when someone punches you in the face for speaking your mind one day if it's ok for you to laugh and high five someone else exercising their first amendment rights. I think Nazis are appalling, but advocating violence over someone who hasn't done anything criminal is just as wrong.
    Hey, if I ever turn into a Nazi and start spewing that filth, I hope someone does punch some sense into me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because it's not comparable.
    When there would be a person in Vienna spreading flyers and telling people to join ISIS, I would surely invite you to punch him with me.

Cool opinion.
    The not engaging in violence, mocking them and arguing is reserved for the 'normal' conservatives.

Because you make it sound as if it's just a disagreement.
    This are Nazi's.
    This are people who are want Holocausts.
    The Quran advocates violence against non Muslims. It would be the same as the Nazi. I can get you quotes if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Morons, both of them. For handing out those stupid fliers that he knew would probably piss people off and for the guy who punched him. You don't punch people because you don't like their opinions.
    can i punch mormons that come up to me on the street because of what thier religion believes?

Sure, but what relevance does that have? I mean, there are a million people/groups it could have potentially been, but we have zero information given that the Nazi didn't give a description. So why bring any one group up, other than to simply have a whine?

And apparently, supporting punching Nazi's in the face makes me a Nazi now?...Alright bro, I guess that's reasonable somehow.

No, it's being against what he is saying, which is vile, racist filth. He has every right to say it, and homeboy can assault him as a result of it and be held accountable for his assault.

Hey, if I ever turn into a Nazi and start spewing that filth, I hope someone does punch some sense into me.
    Have you advocated punching BLM Canadians? They spew that filth about white people. Please go punch them..... oh wait it's ok because they're against white people right?

You're pretty damn close to a Nazi in the extent that you're being a fascist in your statements right now. So where you at girl so I can punch you.

It is never right to assault someone period.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-22 at 12:57 AM.

Have you advocated punching BLM Canadians? They spew that filth about white people. Please go punch them..... oh wait it's ok because they're against white people right?
    Has BLM systematically killed 6+ million people in an almost successful attempt at genocide? Started a world war?

No?

Righto then, I'll treat them as seriously as I treat Nazi's once they reach that level.

Until then, I'll continue to condemn those that talk about white people being a genetic defect or advocating for the killing of police, because that shit is unacceptable.

Do I still fit into the nice little box you've put me in?

You're pretty damn close to a Nazi in the extent that you're being a fascist in your statements right now. So where you at girl so I can punch you.
    At this point I don't know if you even know what the fuck a Nazi is if you can think this, dude.

Punching a Nazi is no different than punching a guy for saying he wants to bang your girlfriend at the bar. Both said something that pissed you off, both are cases of assault and not cases of civil liberties or first amendment rights. I could give a shit about a Nazi being punched as much as I give a shit about a video where a redneck gets his ass kicked in a bar for saying the wrong shit to the wrong person.

The only people who want to cry foul are Nazi's who get their asses kicked, you don't see rednecks whining about rednecks in bars getting beat up.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Righto then, I'll treat them as seriously as I treat Nazi's once they reach that level.

Until then, I'll continue to condemn those that talk about white people being a genetic defect or advocating for the killing of police, because that shit is unacceptable.

Do I still fit into the nice little box you've put me in?
    Why give them a chance first?

Isn't that the whole premises of punching neo-nazis? To stop them before they can rise up again?

By your logic you should be punching the BLM. Right equals might and you have a duty to right this before it becomes a wrong.

PS: If youre getting frustrated with these types of replies then they are working. No, not because of trolling or anything perceived as such, but because it means you are starting to veer away from boilerplate thoughts on the subject and just maybe considering the longer term implications.

aka critical thinking aka the underlying debate has actually zero to do with nazis
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-02-22 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    can i punch mormons that come up to me on the street because of what thier religion believes?
    No you can't punch anyone. As much as you want to. The answer to offensive speech is speech that counters it. But what the fuck do I know? I'm a white male Libertarian and to some people that makes me as bad as they are.

Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-02-22 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Why give them a chance first?
    Who's giving them a chance?

Isn't that the whole premises of punching neo-nazis? To stop them before they can?
    Before they start again, because they already did that shit once.

By your logic you should be punching the BLM. Right equals might and you have a duty to right this before it becomes a wrong.
    Nope, I treat those idiots (because it's only a small number of vocal folks, some of whom lead local BLM groups) like I treat your generic, run of the mill racists. I largely ignore them. But Nazi's are not a generic, run of the mill racist.

PS: If your getting frustrated with these types of replies then they are working. No, not because of trolling or anything perceived as such, but because it means you are starting to veer away from boilerplate thoughts on the subject and just maybe considering the longer term implications.
    Not in the slightest : )

The Quran advocates violence against non Muslims. It would be the same as the Nazi. I can get you quotes if you'd like.
    Where'd you get that theology education?

- - - Updated - - -

No you can't punch anyone. As much as you want to. The answer to offensive speech is speech that counters it. But what the fuck do I know? I'm a white male Libertarian and to some people that makes me as bad as they are.

Apparently a libertarian without a joke detector either.

Nope, I treat those idiots (because it's only a small number of vocal folks, some of whom lead local BLM groups) like I treat your generic, run of the mill racists. I largely ignore them. But Nazi's are not a generic, run of the mill racist.
    I live in Georgia. About as south as you can get. I've met one honest to goodness Neo Nazi (had the symbol and everything tattoo'd on his arm). 35 years in the south and that is the only Neo Nazi I have been aware of meeting.

How non-generic do you think the modern nazi is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's giving them a chance?

Before they start again, because they already did that shit once.

Not in the slightest : )
    Nobody is giving them a chance. Nobody likes racism. They aren't going around shooting jews and blacks because they think they're impure. They can think whatever they want as long as they don't do anything or act on how their "White genocide" is destroying them. Beating the shit out of their representatives solves nothing and only makes them look like victims to people sympathetic to their cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I can probably find twice as many quotes that negate said "violence" against non Muslims. Thanks for alluding that Muslims are practically Nazis who want holocausts though .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Where'd you get that theology education?

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently a libertarian without a joke detector either.
    Based on his other tweets he was not joking. Knock it off.

I live in Georgia. About as south as you can get. I've met one honest to goodness Neo Nazi (had the symbol and everything tattoo'd on his arm). 35 years in the south and that is the only Neo Nazi I have been aware of meeting.

How non-generic do you think the modern nazi is?
    I don't know how common or generic they are nowadays, and I frankly don't care. Again, I'm basing this off of the history of the Nazi party and the danger they posed to the human race.

Nobody is giving them a chance. Nobody likes racism. They aren't going around shooting jews and blacks because they think they're impure. They can think whatever they want as long as they don't do anything or act on how their "White genocide" is destroying them. Beating the shit out of their representatives solves nothing and only makes them look like victims to people sympathetic to their cause.
    Dylan Roof says sup.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...7fa11e50b.html

And I could probably link the sudden upsurge of hate crimes in the last couple of years but I'm sure that's completely unrelated.

While I'm a proponent of free speech and think these vigilante hit and runs are idiotic, there is a very real growth spurt in this cancerous neo-Nazi ideology.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-02-22 at 01:15 AM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

While the man was handing out fliers again Thursday, he was approached and punched in the face by an unidentified suspect who ran away. UPD was called out but the man who was punched declined to file a report or provide officers with his name, Lazier said.
    Seems like a #thathappened situation.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how common or generic they are nowadays, and I frankly don't care. Again, I'm basing this off of the history of the Nazi party and the danger they posed to the human race.
    Do you have strong feelings about communists?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Do you have strong feelings about communists?
    What flavor of communist? Because I have no issues with the ideology behind it at its core, but if you were to ask me if I had similarly strong feelings about say, Stalanists, then abso-freaking-lutely.