Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    He's probably a denier.

edit: called it
    Well I deny the Wikipedia entry because it claims it's the worst Genocide in History. Actively false because the Holocaust has so many unreliable numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    We can argue that for every stance in poltics though. Everyone has their Holocaust.
    Not really. This is the same bullshit that communists pull to excuse Mao, Stalin, and Pot. There is no classical liberalism analog to these slaughters of millions.

Deleted
    No that's why we have laws against assault. Free speech doesn't protect people from getting assaulted.
    So then the Nazi puncher should be charged for Assault? I agree. He did nothing right.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    I recently received infraction for responding to such fantasies, thank you for instigating proof. And really, could you find something relevant from this generation?

Look what havoc the truth do to your dream bubbles. That must be the brutality referred to ;D
    This is als the same ridiculousness that Maoists pull - "hey, we haven't slaughtered a few million anytime recently and we don't mean to anyway and besides it's not as bad as historians say".

The only thing that mitigates the ability of Nazis and communists to brutalize the impure is the extent to which they don't have power. Every time either group gets power, the results are awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I deny the Wikipedia entry because it claims it's the worst Genocide in History. Actively false because the Holocaust has so many unreliable numbers.
    wew lad. Buckle up my dude's we're on a one way trip to locked thread land.

- - - Updated - - -

So then the Nazi puncher should be charged for Assault? I agree. He did nothing right.
    Never claimed he did. Law and order and such. Doesn't mean I'm going to feel bad for the Nazi. In fact I may laugh a bit about it but I still fully expect the person doing the assault to receive the punishment.

Funy how the noe-nazi side seems the most reasonable and the less violent right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not really. This is the same bullshit that communists pull to excuse Mao, Stalin, and Pot. There is no classical liberalism analog to these slaughters of millions.
    Oh I'm not denying those existed, and I am sure you can link up Trail of tears or other indian genocides to Liberalism at a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

wew lad. Buckle up my dude's we're on a one way trip to locked thread land.
    Oh let's hope. I personally don't deny the Holocaust at all, but I think it's been "Anti-romanticized" to all hell and back and been turned into such a farce I can't take it seriously anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh let's hope. I personally don't deny the Holocaust at all, but I think it's been "Anti-romanticized" to all hell and back and been turned into such a farce I can't take it seriously anymore.
    Genocide is genocide whether its the worst ever or not is all I'm saying. Nazi's don't get a pass because "it wasn't that bad"

Oh I'm not denying those existed, and I am sure you can link up Trail of tears or other indian genocides to Liberalism at a stretch.
    The trail of tears resulted in ~5K deaths. It is, by any measure, an atrocity. It's also three orders of magnitude less than the Holocaust.

If the worst examples of atrocities committed by nominally liberal societies are so comparably small, it reinforces just how large the gap in morality is between these ideologies. More to the point, pretty much every modern liberal condemns these atrocities - the main problem neo-Nazis have with the Holocaust is that they didn't finish the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are gonna use historical facts to judge the people of today, why do we not acknowledge the 1500 years of aggressive
    muslim warfare into Europe and Asia? Or the enslaving of Europeans by Islamist?

Do we forget the Armenians and greeks that lived where Turkey is today?
    Do we forget southern Sudan?
    Do we forget western New Guinea?
    Do we forget East Timor?

Deleted
    The trail of tears resulted in ~5K deaths. It is, by any measure, an atrocity. It's also three orders of magnitude less than the Holocaust.

If the worst examples of atrocities committed by nominally liberal societies are so comparably small, it reinforces just how large the gap in morality is between these ideologies. More to the point, pretty much every modern liberal condemns these atrocities - the main problem neo-Nazis have with the Holocaust is that they didn't finish the job.
    Oh of course; I'm not disagreeing some ideologies are worse than others. Just we can't claim only one is resultant to Genocides. I mean what were the Ottomans? Empire? They had their hands in alot of Genocides.

And like you said; Communism is probably the highest.

By any reasonable measure, it's among the half worst horrors ever perpetrated by mankind. The only comparable atrocities have been those of 20th century communists, Imperial Japan, and Mongols. The specifics are as horrifying as anything that's ever happened (there are many horrors that don't bear comparing, but I'm probably most personally appalled by Pot's crimes).
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    If you are gonna use historical facts to judge the people of today, why do we not acknowledge the 1500 years of aggressive
    muslim warfare into Europe and Asia? Or the enslaving of Europeans by Islamist?

Do we forget the Armenians and greeks that lived where Turkey is today?
    Do we forget southern Sudan?
    Do we forget western New Guinea?
    Do we forget East Timor?
    I don't think you'll find a lot of posts from me saying positive things about Islam.

Deleted
    Only Marxists are allowed to disrupt people though.

- - - Updated - - -

Kang is one of the Cultural-Marxist types who thinks everyone not a cultural-Marxist deserves the Cross.
    What the fuck is hateful about marxism?

Americans killed 2-3 million Vietnamese to protect them from Communism. They poisoned the country with Agent Orange causing deformed children to still be born.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What the fuck is hateful about marxism?
    The fact that the entire Ideology is an excuse for group X to overthrow group Y and makes excuses throughout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    So you have this imagined mass-murderer complex where you can't tell people apart even if they are like day and night.

Portrays your historical insight and violent political views just fine.
    ... But he's right? Communists and Facists are terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Americans killed 2-3 million Vietnamese to protect them from Communism. They poisoned the country with Agent Orange causing deformed children to still be born.
    - These estimates are not credible
    - Wars aren't that similar to extermination
    - All credible estimates of American killing of civilians are under 100K

Again, if a war (which wasn't initiated by Americans) is your best example of liberals committing something comparable to the Holocaust, you're making my point for me.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Maybe read the last couple of pages that is specifically discussing this illogical argument that is merely a false equivalency.
    I haven't seen it discussed. ITT people think it is ok to harm other people because they have different ideologies and ignore the fact that communism has killed way more people than naziism. And that's just from a Eurocentric stance. Take into account communism in Asia and it has killed more than 20 times as many people.

So for those of us that aren't Nazis should we be doing our part and harming all unAmerican thought?

Deleted
    The fact that the entire Ideology is an excuse for group X to overthrow group Y and makes excuses throughout.
    The idea of the workers over throwing the rich is hateful?

- - - Updated - - -

By this logic, I am allowed to use my fists as a whirling dervish of righteous destruction on the face of any grotesque beast of a social protester.

So if I am arrested for cutting a brusing swathe through the multi-coloured hair masses of a Fat positivist rally, it's on your head.
    Ill take that chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    The idea of the workers over throwing the rich is hateful?

- - - Updated - - -

Ill take that chance.
    if the individual is not sovereign, then you can justifiably visit upon him any amount of oppression, depravity and violence in service of the collective.