I think this is the sort of stuff Trump is referring to when he calls the media fake

So as most know there were anti Trump rallies being held in many places on President's Day(Monday) and there was one in London as well. This rally was reported as having as many as 300k people at it which a day or two later was amended to only 7k and which according to a journalist who wrote this story was really more like 2-3k. Much the same is apparently reported on the number of people who protest outside Trump's real estate in nyc where the media grossly inflates the number of people protesting. I think whether we like it or not there is no longer such a thing as real news in that there is an obvious agenda that goes on at all of these news companies(both right and left leaning) which acts as a filter for how they report what they call news. Not to mention the endless amount of op eding which these companies constantly print which is really just straight propaganda. Where this leaves us as citizens is hard to say but there is a war of information going on and I've been watching it enfold at a steadier and steadier pace ever since 9/11 when we got conned into thinking the Patriot act and those wars were all in our best interest as Americans though I was against them then and can't help but laugh at people like Pelosi who was in lockstep with Bush/Cheney but now wants to call Trump a fascist because of things like a travel ban. 15 years and 300k casualties too late Nancy.

Link to the story: http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02...-donald-trump/
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-02-23 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    it's nothing new and it happens both in favor and against people/things/events.

the media has a lot of power, as it should. but they are just as vulnerable to greed as any other person/company.

In the end it's better to have a dozen exaggerating and/or biased news outlets then to have a few "approved" or "non profit tax funded" ones.

i could get behind trumps statements if he was a bit less, say, selective, of what he calls fake, but as long as only bad news for him is fake, it's just meaningless talk.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-02-23 at 04:54 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, that is a prime example of what Trump means.

Fake Nws=skew the news to be as anti-trump as possible, regardless of the reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has a habit of calling news fake just when it's not something he wants to hear or if he disagrees with it.

It's getting a bit disgusting quite frankly. It'd be nice if he just went "I'm not discussing that." or "I disagree." but you know that'd be CRAZY.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And of course, 'real news' is to kiss his ass.

The thing is, you don't have to TRY to make news as anti-trump as possible. He does well enough of it on his own.
    Excuse me this is critical of Donald Trump and thus this portion of your post is fake news.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Trump has a habit of calling news fake just when it's not something he wants to hear or if he disagrees with it.

It's getting a bit disgusting quite frankly. It'd be nice if he just went "I'm not discussing that." or "I disagree." but you know that'd be CRAZY.
    Just how far being classy and mature would take Trump cannot be overstated. If he would keep all the vigor, keep all the guts, but stay in control and appear well put-together, his approval would skyrocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

"How Trump’s campaign staffers tried to keep him off Twitter"
    President Donald Trump’s former campaign staffers claim they cracked the code for tamping down his most inflammatory tweets, and they say the current West Wing staff would do well to take note.

The key to keeping Trump’s Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump’s desk.

"If candidate Trump was upset about unfair coverage, it was productive to show him that he was getting fair coverage from outlets that were persuadable," said former communications director Sam Nunberg. "The same media that our base digests and prefers is going to be the base for his support. I would assume the president would like to see positive and preferential treatment from those outlets and that would help the operation overall."

Staff members had one advantage as they aimed to manage candidate Trump’s media diet: He rarely reads anything online, instead preferring print newspapers — especially his go-to, The New York Times — and reading material his staff brought to his desk. Indeed, his media consumption habits were on full display during his roller-coaster news conference this past Thursday, when he continually remarked on what the media would write “tomorrow,” even as print outlets’ websites already had posted stories about his remarks.

Fake news is Trump's coping habit; he convinces himself that all unfavorable coverage/reporting isn't real, surrounds himself with news and people who confirm that belief, because his over-inflated ego is too fragile to deal with criticism - probably because he's nothing but the biggest example of Dunning Kruger in the history of the human race.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Does this mean that if Breitbart or Fox report one story that everyone can agree is factually correct that they are now a model of journalistic integrity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Does this mean that if Breitbart or Fox report one story that everyone can agree is factually correct that they are now a model of journalistic integrity?
    As long as the story supports Trump, yes! But if they then post a news that makes him look bad, then they are back into the fake news folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Why exactly would anyone need to make up fake news about Donald Trump? The man himself gives the media more than enough actual real ammo to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Why exactly would anyone need to make up fake news about Donald Trump? The man himself gives the media more than enough actual real ammo to use.
    fake news! very sad! Trump huuuuge!

There's no real media anymore. The media, now, is mostly op-eds. There is no such thing as unbiased journalism. Take the thing about Milo being a pedophile or pedophilia sympathizer. All he did was explain his situation about his experience and his justification for it, and the media spun it to make him appear as a pedophile himself.

I remember during his campaign the media cited him about how he said windmills caused the deaths of thousand of eagles, they even laughed about it.
    Trump's Tweet He said it in an interview, too.

Poltifact's response to Trump's eagle comment

EPA Site on the matter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPA
    Wind energy is responsible for killing roughly 1.4 million birds and bats each year—many of them endangered and protected species. Particular attention has been paid to the impact of wind turbines on eagle populations. Reports show that wind farms were responsible for the deaths of at least 67 bald or golden eagles from 2008-2013, and a study by government biologists predicts that number is probably much higher.
    And that's just this issue. It seems the media over exaggerates everything the man says. It's difficult to tell what is satire, op-ed, or just legitimate trolling at this point.

Nothing new. good luck finding any truth unless you're CIA or FBI.

I dont get it, the blogger writes that the amount of protesters was corrected later the same day, not sure why someone who wrote a fake article on purpose would correct it.

I think the issue here is that some journalists are rubbish, but there's no proffession where everyone are spitzenklasse. Dismissing the media as useless, opens a door to the goverment beeing able to feed you whatever the fuck they want, be critical of journalism, but dont take your presidents word for what news is wrong. The media is part of a working democracy.