Is it fun to heal BGs these days?

Haven't played in a while. DPS still super bursty? Oodles of CC? Feels pointless?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    Haven't played in a while. DPS still super bursty? Oodles of CC? Feels pointless?
    No, you can easily survive 2-3 average BG players for a while if you're decent.

Imho, No, healing casual Bgs is a headache for me because of the melee train that is sure to come wreck your face and your teammates do nothing to help. its all demon hunters and fury warriors with the plethora of stuns that are bound to come your way and there is nothing you can do about it.

no, healing random bgs is not fun at all. Healers are getting nuked in 10sec, nobody bothers to keep them away from you. Resilience will fix it ,oh wait . Blizzard gave interupts ,stuns, cc to every class in the game....

Healers are for once normal specs, so they dont get carried for free into 1800 rating (in 2s) or to free bg wins, if you are a bad healer you will die to most dps in a 1v1. So if you are a bad healer in a bg you will get destroyed. Its not like wod or mop where a healer can press 1 button to outheal a dps forever and kills only happen in 50% dampening even to bad healers.

I wouldnt say healing bgs isnt fun, but it is harder then it used to be. Healers arent immortal anymore.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    bg healing is super fun imo, at least if you manage to hold safe and defensive positions. It actually rewards you if you play better. Or compared to how it used to be, you're punished for playing badly.. I enjoy it a lot more now than before.

My 99 twink healer is fairly unkillable. It's fun when in the first smashing in mid, you get 3-4 of them on you and you don't pay them no mind and then they just stop trying except that one other almost twink, but he can't do shit.

At 110, just do premades, so that you know you've got peels. Even if it is just 1-2 of your bros, it helps. They are happy with pocket heals and you get some peels. Otherwise, it's hit and miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Imho, No, healing casual Bgs is a headache for me because of the melee train that is sure to come wreck your face and your teammates do nothing to help. its all demon hunters and fury warriors with the plethora of stuns that are bound to come your way and there is nothing you can do about it.
    This.

I play as a DH, if I see a healer, its metaform (auto stun), Chaos blades, Nemasis, chaosform and nuke you down. If by some chance they aren't dead I have a interrupt ready.

But I've only done random bgs so far and open world, no idea about arena or rated bgs

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    No, you can easily survive 2-3 average BG players for a while if you're decent.
    You can easily survive, but so can the other team. It's frustrating as hell to heal in random BGs with an unorganized team, as most of the time you'll end up in fights taking forever without any of the enemy health pools disappearing.

Deleted
    Depends what healer do you play ... MW Monk healing is super fun, while Holy Paladin is a nightmare: no survivability other than bubble and super low healing.
    As a healer you will survive vs any caster/s, but melees would make you trouble if there are more than one focusing on you.

Deleted
    healing is fun if you are half decent, most the players who train you are just basic players who will look at their keyboards and try get off a basic pve rotation.

any kind of cc and movement will get you away.