Is my PSU causing issues?

Okay so last year i build a pc;

- i7 6700k (4.4@1.26v)
    - asus z170-a
    - EVGA 650w g2 gold
    - Corsair 2x8gb ram (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
    - gtx 970

Something i was struggling with was keeping low temps - but no matter what i did, the temps wouldnt change much / have around 24c room temp... but i also started having a weird issue of the pc not fully shutting down at times.

Sometimes i would turn off the pc - and everything would shut down normally, whilst other times the gpu lights / fans on the system would stay on whilst everything else like the monitors would power off. I refused to believe it was a PSU issue as the psu is a good brand and was brand new at the time.

I still have the issue of the pc not fully shutting down at times, sometimes it does and if that's the case it'll often shut down correctly for a few days or what not.

Anyway I've been getting BSODs, mainly due to unstable OC i think, but i went back to my default OC (4.4@1.245v) which i played on for hours too and heck i went a month or so without a BSOD but then i got one, i moved voltage to 1.25, same thing, about a month or two later BSOD, I've now set the voltage to 1.26v.

The BSOD + PC not shutting off is seriously making me doubt things, i mean the BSOD could be the OC i guess? Even though it seems pretty stable as it dosent crash for a month or two but yeah.

Also is there anything strange found here?
    http://imgur.com/a/8dZ9R

This is just having wow idle and not doing much tbh - mainly the Vcore/12v, i'm not too sure what the 12v should be like but it does drop below 12v and i'm not sure if that's an issue.

Also i have this from bluescreenview:
    http://imgur.com/a/HEOws

Not sure if it helps.

Last time I had one of these it was due to a faulty video card that I RMA'd. But that dump is suppose to be a driver issue.

Have you even tried not Overclocking and let the system run at the normal manufacturing settings and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Last time I had one of these it was due to a faulty video card that I RMA'd. But that dump is suppose to be a driver issue.

Have you even tried not Overclocking and let the system run at the normal manufacturing settings and see what happens?
    Can't remember for sure but i think even at stock - the shutdown issue remained - but i don't fancy running stock settings for months to find out regardless since the BSOD and stuff happen monthly whilst using OC.

Also not sure if it matters but there appears to be a weird light by the GPU slot too - It's something i've noticed for a while now and can't find out whats causing it.

edit:

light under GPU:

http://imgur.com/a/uhK1Q
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2017-02-22 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    have around 24c room temp
    that is too hot, i hate your room already.

anyway, take your graphics card out and shut down your pc. light or no light?

it looks like the vga led.. but it should only go red during POST and there being a problem.. hmm.. have you got another graphics card you can test to see if the light still lights up?
    Last edited by the boar; 2017-02-22 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    that is too hot, i hate your room already.

anyway, take your graphics card out and shut down your pc. light or no light?

it looks like the vga led.. but it should only go red during POST and there being a problem.. hmm.. have you got another graphics card you can test to see if the light still lights up?
    I guess i should have been a bit more clear, i'm referring to the white light below the GPU / Bottom Left - the red LED is from the sound card.

Unsure what it is, if its relevant or anything but thought i'd mention since the post above about some faulty GPU (?)

Anyway, i'm just wondering if there's anything that someone can see that is wrong with my psu from the pictures etc, i dont really know what i'm looking for from 12v rail and all that stuff, i'm guessing 12v should never drop below 12voltage though and the hwmonitor picture shows it does.

If there isn't anything people can see - indicating the psu may be an issue, then i'll assume the BSOD is OC related, can't really tell without waiting for it to happen again (a months time or so).
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2017-02-22 at 04:29 PM.

the green power led? next to the power switch?

that light just means your motherboard is plugged in and has power available.. if you wanna turn that off, switch your psu off. it'll take a couple seconds to turn off.

No its the white led to the side of the mobo - bottom left right at edge near the brackets you take out for the gpu to go in - I'll take a better picture later as it's getting pretty dark and much more noticeable

found your light
    superuser com/questions/1158212/whats-the-light-under-an-asus-motherboard

bad formatting because i can't link stuff yet

edit: Looked more into it and it might not be that one. In the manual for your board it says that led is red.
    Last edited by Vinkle; 2017-02-22 at 10:20 PM.

Okay i took some more pictures to avoid confusion now:
    http://imgur.com/a/VZ4Zt

As you can see its not that noticable without it being pure dark / light off etc, but no clue what / where the lights coming from tbh, i doubt this is related in anyway to the BSOD / PC not shutting down though? I mean the GPU / Fans dont power off when i have the shutdown issue but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Okay i took some more pictures to avoid confusion now:
    http://imgur.com/a/VZ4Zt

As you can see its not that noticable without it being pure dark / light off etc, but no clue what / where the lights coming from tbh, i doubt this is related in anyway to the BSOD / PC not shutting down though? I mean the GPU / Fans dont power off when i have the shutdown issue but idk.
    Unsure about the power issues but the LED is probably this(Z170-a Manual section 1.8 more info in section 2.6.8).
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134