Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good, such practices should not be tolerated. Especially not by a head of state (or aspiring one).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Do you feel the same about women fighting for the "Free the nipple"-cause as well?
    I love nipples, and as a man I can go without a shirt freely, so why should not a woman be allowed to?

Free the nipple, by all means

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I don't think people should care about a bra as well. But I see youre trying to slippery slope the arguement. How about naked? She should be able to meet with diplomats naked because cloths are oppressive ...
    I don't think you know what a slippery slope argument is. I'm getting slippery as we speak.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    As a male, I went to the UAE, wore shorts and t-shirts, but still wore something a bit longer when I visited a mosque. Because that was required and that's just being respectful for a religious monument and mores. I don't wear a beanie when getting into a cathedral or church either, are people gonna make a big deal out of it too?
    You also have the right to not visit, just as she does.

Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    http://mashable.com/2017/02/22/irani.../#9Pet0RCVvOq5

It can harm people not to wear them. Would you respect more of the nation of Iran's beliefs? Would you denounce the fact that Israel is a nation?
    Where do you draw the line?
    I imagine a topless woman would not only get booted from their team but also the competition. I don't approve of either action, but I'm flabbergasted by the hypocrisy of some of the posts here.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2017-02-22 at 04:49 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Losing? You can't even refute my original argument, all you can do is provide further example and say "hey is this sexist too!" And all those I answered. I am not simply name calling I am giving examples why you're being sexist.
    It's mind-boggling how politically correct you're being...

"Girls need to wear a dress to this event, and guys need to wear a tuxedo" ----THAT'S SEXIST!!!

"Please wear this Kippah at my sons Bat Mitzvah" ----THAT'S SEXIST!!!
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Lebanon doesn't oppress women, if you had a brain cell, you could do the research and read how liberal lebanon is towards their females.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Divorce, property rights, care of children - none are covered by Lebanese civil code. Most laws are administered in religious courts. Want to guess the "liberality" of a divorce proceeding in front of an Islamic judge in Lebanon? If you're going to continue insulting the mind of others, I would suggest you at least attempt to show traces of one yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

"Girls need to wear a dress to this event, and guys need to wear a tuxedo" ----THAT'S SEXIST!!!

!
    Where did I say that? I don't believe any woman has to wear a dress.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't mean we shouldn't progress and move past it, or would you like to keep women in their place?
    We can and should progress and move past it, but what is being disrespectful of traditions/culture going to accomplish? Starting a dialogue and supporting the movements that want to progress and move past those traditions/cultural aspects is helping more than sticking it to them, don´t you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    We can and should progress and move past it, but what is being disrespectful of traditions/culture going to accomplish? Starting a dialogue and supporting the movements that want to progress and move past those traditions/cultural aspects is helping more than sticking it to them, don´t you think?
    Shouldn't he respect her culture as well? you think?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe how much more progressive I am compared to some of our ultra left posters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its cute though, that some of these "progressives" will compare attire you have to wear to compete in sports or be disqualified, with
    attire you must wear in public at all times, or be jailed/raped/murdered.

We can and should progress and move past it, but what is being disrespectful of traditions/culture going to accomplish??
    Wait, so are you telling me you have any respect for a tradition that is all about sex segregation and inferior position of women in society?

I spit on such traditions and culture. They have no place in civilized world. If Lebanon wants to aspire to this civilized world, and establish contacts with its leaders, it is them that must reshape their backwards views, not us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    "UK will never leave EU"
    "Trump will never win the elections"
    "Hofer will never win the Austrian presidential election"
    Wait, he actually did not.

The point is: Just because two countries had a similar trend in an election/votum does not mean that others will follow. Le Pen could theoretically become president, sure, but so could any of her opponents. Her chances of actually winning the second round (which is an important thing to keep in mind) are not that great, and pretending that she basically is already the certain next French president is not the most reasonable thing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    who are "these peoples" you mention?

and goodness did you get your pig blood idiocy from Trump?

read, http://time.com/4235405/donald-trump...muslims-story/
    Sigh. "No it wasn't him thus you're invalid!"

Paraphrasing: Not definitely proven to be Pershing although there's multiple reports of him involved (especially issuing a warning to the other insurgents), but religious profaning was used to great effect preventing insurgent activities. The point stands even if was mistaken on the specific agent(s).

Quoting the article: "McKey wrote, U.S. soldiers ... had a pretty good cure for juramentado [Moro swordsmen] activities. Knowing the horror of the Mohammedan for any contact with swine, and particularly with its blood, these American roughnecks, when they had killed a juramentado, held for him a very public funeral. The body of the defunct bad man having been deposited in the grave, a pig was brought, stuck, its blood sprinkled freely over the D B M, the dead pig thrown in with him, and the burial completed".

"Those drops of porcine gore proved more powerful than bullets," the article wrote. If I just wasn't right on the important bit...

Hoorah for national front wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to say this in an Orlong thread... but he kind of has a point. Those pictures of Hillary and Michelle piss me off.
    I'm sorry, but openly disparaging ones culture is not going to make you friends.

Stand up to it all you want, be against oppression culture, but don't expect that culture to respect you in kind.

If anything, we should live in a world where if women chose to wear or not where something it won't be considered a fucking political statement. That's what pisses me off.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but they aren´t, so back to my question, how is being disrespectful going to accomplish anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    And what better way is there than to show solidarity with the women that beg western feminists to refuse covering their hair?
    Show solidarity with the clergy that suppresses them?

As usual, its not about human rights, but trade deals. And some pesky women who get brutalized by the male population is not gonna stop anyone, not even
    "The worlds first feminist government"™!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe how much more progressive I am compared to some of our ultra left posters.
    So we should respect everyones culture simultaneously, even when everyone has a completely subjective subculture and all it really comes down to is "Hey I don't like X".

Personally I don't understand this absolute fascination with trying to change Muslim culture. Does anyone honestly think it's going to take anything less than a World War 2 style Japanese ending for Muslim culture to change so quickly? We are talking about thousands of years of enforced doctrine and ridiculous tradition being undone in a matter of years.

You can't do that without a large enough threat of extermination.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    It's mind-boggling how politically correct you're being...

"Please wear this Kippah at my sons Bat Mitzvah" ----THAT'S SEXIST!!!
    You mean the conservative right, the same ones who whine about gender/bathroom usage, and that follow their own deeply religious customs, are trying to play this off as a feminist act of freedom as opposed to Islamophobia?

Whaaaaat? That's just crazy. It's not like her chief of staff or bodyguard wear suits/ties or anything. She's such a feminist rulebreaker.

Not like she's not just another crooked politician or anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/22/europe...staff-custody/

I guess she does sound just like Trump. Those in France who knew nothing about him and were rooting for him, will fall all over themselves to get in line and support her.