Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    There is no dress code to enter the Vatican. Do you really want me to share family pics?
    Likewise there is no dress code when entering lebanon and as it never was about entering a country but about religious customs not unique to islam i don´t know how this is of importance unless you´re moving the goalpost. Though if you want to share your family pics go ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Likewise there is no dress code when entering lebanon and as it never was about entering a country but about religious customs not unique to islam i don´t know how this is of importance unless you´re moving the goalpost. Though if you want to share your family pics go ahead.
    Your internet must be slow. Look up and you will see a woman meeting the Pope. In the Vatican. Maybe not a family picture (I am not Monacan royalty...or am I)

At any rate, Le Pen was told by a Lebanese Cleric "you are a woman, so you must hide your hair if you expect to talk to me." Screw that. I think it is about time us westerners stand up to this nonsense. THIS is actual sexism, clear as day, broadcast around the world.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-25 at 05:56 PM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your internet must be slow. Look up and you will see a woman meeting the Pope. In the Vatican. Maybe not a family picture (I am not Monacan royalty...or am I)

At any rate, Le Pen was told by a Lebanese Cleric "you are a woman, so you must hide your hair if you expect to talk to me." Screw that. I think it is about time us westerners stand up to this nonsense.
    I looked it up, and i see the pope meeting people and people meeting the pope and there are differences, obviously. Meeting the pope at the vatican - cover your head, even wear black it seems.

And this lebanese "cleric" was one of the religious leaders so quite comparable to the pope.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked it up, and i see the pope meeting people and people meeting the pope and there are differences, obviously. Meeting the pope at the vatican - cover your head, even wear black it seems.

And this lebanese "cleric" was one of the religious leaders so quite comparable to the pope.
    Ok. Photographic evidence isn't good enough for ya. Is there any additional evidence I could provide to you that to prove Catholics do not require women to cover their face or hair? What do you want? And also....have you looked into getting that tourism Visa to visit Mecca yet?

Maybe you misunderstood me when I said look up. I found a picture of a hot princess meeting the pope in the Vatican. Scroll up. I could have put up a pic of my mom or any number of people. It is pretty easy to find a picture of women, in the presence of the pope...not forced to hide their face.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-25 at 06:09 PM.

Ok. Photographic evidence isn't good enough for ya. Is there any additional evidence I could provide to you that to prove Catholics do not require women to cover their face or hair? What do you want? And also....have you looked into getting that tourism Visa to visit Mecca yet?

Maybe you misunderstood me when I said look up. I found a picture of a hot princess meeting the pope in the Vatican. Scroll up. I could have put up a pic of my mom or any number of people. It is pretty easy to find a picture of women, in the presence of the pope...not forced to hide their face.
    ok, but when you meet the grand mufti, woman put a head scarf and men must wear long sleeve shirts and trousers...

so?
    Last edited by psyquest; 2017-02-25 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/europe...n-grand-mufti/

The next French President Marine LePen will make France Great Again!. She doesnt buckle to other leaders. Shes not a wimp like Sarkozy or Chirac were. As she was visiting other world leaders yesterday, Lebanon's Grand Mufti demanded she wear a headscarf and she told him to shove it up his ass and cancelled the meeting. She isnt a pansy and bowed to his wishes like Hillary wouldve been had she won or Michelle Obama.

Once she gets elected all the liberals in your country will suddenly have a collective nervous breakdown (just like what happened in the US when Trump got in).

Then every move she makes will be " OMG! OmG! OMG! Did you see that? She just used a kleenix tissue! Kleenix is spelled with a K, just like the KKK! OMG! Racist! She supports the KKK!"

Trust me, buy a lot of popcorn. It is going to be good.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to say this in an Orlong thread... but he kind of has a point. Those pictures of Hillary and Michelle piss me off.
    Why? Because Hillary, the self proclaimed champion of women is subjecting herself to a garment that has traditionally been a symbol of the subjugation of women. If you know Hillary, she did it for the money. There was probably a speaking fee for her or Billy boy in there somewhere or maybe a donation to the Clinton foundation.

The best part of the photo is the look on Michelle's face. It looks like she is thinking "I can't believe I am actually doing this.... am I really doing this?"

Those are called nuns son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    ok, but when you meed the grand mufti, woman put a head scarf and men must wear long sleeve shirts and trousers...

so?
    You know...you don't normally put these kind of dress codes on visiting foreign dignitaries. I'm a dude, so I can only think in dude terms. If my meeting with this gentleman was predicated on whether or not I concealed my hair in the a way that didnt...offend him...I would laugh it off and move on to a serious person. This is sexism of the worst kind. I do not understand how people can tolerate this medieval worldview that allows foreign leaders to actually dress our female leaders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Once she gets elected all the liberals in your country will suddenly have a collective nervous breakdown (just like what happened in the US when Trump got in). Trust me, buy a lot of popcorn. It is going to be good.....
    But her chances of actually getting elected are pretty small? I know I know, Trump got elected too and people didn't think so - but the system is entirely different in France, and it is relatively unlikely that she will survive the second round. It's more comparable to Austria, where the right-wing candidate got into the second round with a clear lead, but then still lost overall.
    So maybe you should hold off buying the popcorn for a little bit longer...

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    she's against gay marriage, so she's shit.
    That alone wouldn't make or break it for me personally, despite it possibly affecting me. That said: She is still bad, of course.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-02-25 at 06:36 PM.

for those that dont know how french election actually happen. This is not the US, the candidate has to win the popular vote...

first round of voting:
    out of all candidate, the top 2 will go to second round.

In this round, people will either vote for their candidate or, the french being french, will vote for the candidate that will show the most that they are unhappy. This is usually done by voting for the extremes.

second round: this is where it get tricky for the far right. all candidate regardless of affiliation vote against the far right. The blond racist bitch wont pass this round

Regarding the OP. There is a piece written by the New York post that goes in detail as to why she went to Libanon of all places... The french libanese, regardless of religion hate her. She only went for the opportunity of free advertising. She knew what was expected of and was told before hand. She purposefully only choose french journalist to accompany her to have the most exposure. Basically a trap and she is a hypocrit.

Let s not forget that she has quite a few issue to sort out with the courts and it is quickly catching up to her: false jobs, money laundering being the smallest charges...

- - - Updated - - -

You know...you don't normally put these kind of dress codes on visiting foreign dignitaries. I'm a dude, so I can only think in dude terms. If my meeting with this gentleman was predicated on whether or not I concealed my hair in the a way that didnt...offend him...I would laugh it off and move on to a serious person. This is sexism of the worst kind. I do not understand how people can tolerate this medieval worldview that allows foreign leaders to actually dress our female leaders.
    do you know that it is her that asked to meet himand was told beforehand and knew she would have to cover her hair?

did you know also that she did it on purpose, taking a majority of french journalists in order to create a show?

did you know that she had zero reason to be in libanon since all lebanese regardless of religion cant stand her?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...anese-leaders/

she is just a racist liar in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Not possible. France never ceased to be great.
    That ceased after Napoleon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Once she gets elected all the liberals in your country will suddenly have a collective nervous breakdown (just like what happened in the US when Trump got in).
    She is probably going to win, if the Brexit and Trump votes have any relationship to French voting....and I would bet they do. Same kind of people; same kind of problems. Nationalism is so misunderstood, the concept is fighting back against globalism, and is winning, if only at the ballot box.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That ceased after Napoleon.
    France is the only European power that can conduct major operations independent of US support. If that means anything.

She is probably going to win, if the Brexit and Trump votes have any relationship to French voting....and I would bet they do. Same kind of people; same kind of problems. Nationalism is so misunderstood, the concept is fighting back against globalism, and is winning, if only at the ballot box.

France is the only European power that can conduct major operations independent of US support. If that means anything.
    Only means something when proven.

Don't get discouraged, it is winning at the ballot box because it already won the hearts and minds of the people. They believe in it so much, in fact, that they are able to drown out the really loud cries of the opposition and still vote for what they know is right.

The opposition isn't more numerous- they are just really loud and have control of the media. Controlling the regular media used to be important, but the internet has changed that, as we saw in the last election in the USA. The media was all pulling strong for Hillary and they delivered her a gift wrapped loss.

I expect the trend to continue.

They don't realize why they lost yet and are sticking to the same tactics that cost them the win. Before you can win, you have to understand why you lost. I think they are just too arrogant to actually understand why they lost.

I have a lot of respect for France, they were the grandfathers of the "enlightenment" that sparked the American revolution. They were also ground zero for resistance to the Nazis when allied forces stormed Normandy.

It is no surprise that they are leading again.

15+ Year Old Account

Elim Garak posted a link, it´s right there. I get it, you think christianity is the better religion, but come on man, don´t ignore reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Those are called nuns son.
    Michelle Obama and Princess Charlene of Monaco are nuns now?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Fucking really?

- - - Updated - - -

Different kind of voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Different kind of voting.

Plus, unlike the US, France uses the popular vote.

Brexit and Trump are also different, I dont think even the Brits would vote in Trump.

Deleted
    There is no dress code to enter the Vatican.
    Codes when entering the vatican country are hard to enact. They have a wall and all that, but the entrance is not policed.
    But there are very strict codes for places and events.
    For instance, all through the Basilica, no shoulders or knees are to be shown.
    On the particular of head coverings, women are required to wear mourning dress, veil included, when privately meeting the Pope.

This rule has one exception: Catholic queens. They can skip the veil and are the only people allowed to wear white. The picture you used is one such exception: Letizia, queen of Spain.

Here's the same Letizia, following the code, before being queen.
    Last edited by mmoc8b818f0f83; 2017-02-26 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Good on her. It should be HER decision if she wants to wear a religious piece of cloth and not somebody elses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, she still covered her head, that's the rule, isn't it? It's not the case of wearing X on your head, it's the case of covering your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dress code to meet the pope in old VC?
    http://blog.girlscouts.org/2015/06/p...meet-pope.html

Catholics aren't insulted when women don't hide their hair-do.

I can't wait to gloat when Le Pen wins.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-28 at 04:50 AM.