Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People: IF THEY COME TO OUR COUNTRY THEY HAVE TO RESPECT OUR CUSTOMS!

The same people: (while in their country) YEAH! FUCK THEIR CUSTOMS!

Could you guys at least be consistent?

OT: Well, okay i suppose? This can be seen both ways either as standing up against sexism or as disrespecting a culture, i am leaning to the former though.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Because you can´t ask for your culture to be respected while at same time disrepect others?
    Why not? Not all cultures are equal, as you have just shown.

We get justifyably angry when the people, that come to our country don't respect our culture and traditions.
    We should respect theirs when we visit their countries, or places of worship.

It is just basic common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Right, maybe i misconvey what i was trying to say.

Of course terrorism is criminal, and we should not tuen a blind eye to it, and to ISIS growth for that matter.
    But i refuse to think this should be a major, if not the major, point of a presidential campaign.
    I don't want France policies be dictated by fear of the next terrorist attack.

My house might get burglarized one day, i might even be killed who knows, but i refuse to lock myself in an ultra secured fortress because what has a tiny tiny chance to happen. That's what i try to say, terrorism is real, but hardly the main hardship the french people face on everyday basis.
    That's fair and I can see where you are coming from.

I think terror should be a major issue to consider when voting however. My biggest concern is that the more ground ISIS loses in their "Caliphate" - the more defeats they suffer in Syria and Iraq - the more they are going to export their war to elsewhere in the world. I think we will see an increase in terror cells around the world as ISIS fractures and spreads throughout "enemy states". I fear the rate of terror attacks in Europe is only going to increase over the next decade unless we start to take serious action (the most important being amplifying the voices of moderate reformers like Maajid Nawaz and the people at Quilliam and apostates like Ayaan Hirsi Ali).

Wait, so if they come to the west they should adapt to western culture and if westerners visit their country they shouldn´t adapt to their culture.

I don´t, what? So anyone who is endorsing this shouldn´t be defending anyones culture at any time from now on.
    Although I don't see it happening, but yeah.... if you go to a western culture country, and they ask something that treats you like you have less rights... then (in my opinion) have the balls and say no to it! Don't adapt to inequality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

Could you guys at least be consistent?
    How about this for consistence. I refuse to bow a Knee to an inferior culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzard View Post
    La Pen is a French migrant now? I mean we can say hypocrisy all we want, but the idea of migrants or immigration in general tends to be long term settlement, not a short visit. Which calling for assimilation in such a case is pretty common.

When the Mongolians ended up ruling China, their customs ended up becoming the common and customs for China, assimilating the people.

When the Romans subjugated anything, they assimilated the people.

When the Abbasid's ruled over the Middle East, they assimilated the people to their culture and religion as well.

Assimilation whenever it's a matter of being ruled or subject of a 'state' entity is really nothing new, and every empire in history has done so.

To visit however? That's an entirely different idea. La Pen isn't converting to Islam, nor moving to any state (at least that we know of), why would she follow the ideals of a religion she's not following?
    While i agree with the general sentiment of her being not a migrant, your notion of Romans assimilating people is wrong. The only thing they enforced was their state religion, which included sacrifices to the official roman gods (not sacrificing to these gods was considered treason). Thats the reason why polytheistic people didn't change a lot except for worshipping another god. They only had problems with Jews and later on Christians because the refused to acknowledge the Roman Gods (which was the reason for most purges of christians)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, right, it´s about sexism and racism, i forgot.

Show me a culture that isn´t rooted in racism or sexism. I´ll wait.
    Cultures can change. We should recognize that. The history matters less than the contemporary aspects.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Why not? Not all cultures are equal, as you have just shown.
    Well ok sure you can but don´t be surprised if the ones disrespecting your culture will continue doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Oh, right, it´s about sexism and racism, i forgot.

Show me a culture that isn´t rooted in racism or sexism. I´ll wait.
    Doesn't mean we shouldn't progress and move past it, or would you like to keep women in their place?

Deleted
    Well ok sure you can but don´t be surprised if the ones disrespecting your culture will continue doing so.
    They shouldn't cry and moan when we don't let them into the culture they disrespect then and want to remove them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you can´t ask for your culture to be respected while at same time disrepect others?
    Who says they have to respect your own stupid cultural ideas? Less respect for stupid ideas should be more common in my opinion. Weed those things out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The full face hijab is banned in schools and public buildings in France.
    Le Pen was not asked to wear a full face hijab. Its Lebanon not saudi arabia. Lebanon is 50% muslim, 40% christian and the state is supposed to be secular. She met the head of the state earlier in her visit to the country and dont give a fuck about the religious autority. This story is a storm in a glass of water..... People are looking for things to diss her..... try harder.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-02-22 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Thanks for providing me with another example? The doesn't change my argument, at least in Obama's case it isn't a woman telling him what he has to wear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    ... care to elaborate?
    It's an old saying which made sense ages ago. Nowadays it translates to "when you go to a country stuck in the Dark Ages, you also need to regress to the Dark Ages". Else you will be lapidated.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Go Marine LePen!!!!!!! 2017 is looking to even outdo 2016, will the left ever get tired of losing???
    The left might lose, but that doesn't mean Le Pen will win, she's not the candidate of the right, she's the far right.
    French election are slighly different than US election. In the first round, there is multitude of candidates. The top 2 candidates advance to the second round.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You probably also were one of those people that said Brittain wouldnt leave the EU, and Trump wouldnt be President of the US. You globalist elitists still havent opened your eyes. I feel sad for you
    Actually if you go through my post history. I have stated several times that the UK never should have been allowed to join the EU.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post41022598

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Thanks for providing me with another example? The doesn't change my argument, at least in Obama's case it isn't a woman telling him what he has to wear.
    What are you even advocating? That we eliminate all head coverings associated with religious culture?
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Christanity. Unlike Islam, Christanity is not 100% about lawful dogma like the Hadiths of Islam. We have Women Bishops and Women pastors by the droves. We don't however, have women Imams.

I mean there is literally a law in the Hadiths that say if a Woman lead the prayers, Men would not count as praying. Nothing like that exists in Christianity. Considering Saints were often female as they were male, that's also proof Women were able to worship and be revered.
    When it comes to gender equality Christianity is hit&miss too, depending on confession and level of traditionalism in the regions where they are practised. Also dogmatism is pretty much an issue across all churches still, I've seen and experienced too often myself, it's laughable what opinions are held there sometimes and if it weren't for the open society and secular governments they would certainly try going back to influence politicians. I remember, some years ago, when the German bishop of the EKD, a woman, was rejected a meeting with the Patriarch of Moscow on grounds of being a woman. Thing is it's usually society and scientific achievements which made Christian institutions bend and liberate their own doctrines rather than vice versa. Some 60 years ago Catholic schools and kindergartens would apply physical disciplinary measures referring to the scriptures for that, a lively proponent of that whole ordeal was even made pope.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    It's an old saying which made sense ages ago. Nowadays it translates to "when you go to a country stuck in the Dark Ages, you also need to regress to the Dark Ages". Else you will be lapidated.
    The funny part is you can make an argument for Darwinism. You don't "do as the romans do" so much for respecting the culture but as a way to adapt to your enviroment, survive and even thrive.