Thread: stupid drivers

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

stupid drivers

So was on the bus that takes me to campus this morning and we got to an intersection. Bus starts making his turn and you know buses are pretty big vehicles and need generally a lane and a half to make a safe turn. Bus is in the middle of the turn in the intersection and some stupid woman comes zooming out of the parking lot across the street. Didn't slow down or anything. She pulled in the opposing lane and barely missed the bus.

What kind of shitty drivers do you run into on a daily basis?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Check out any dashcam video from Stockholm on youtube and you have my answer.
    Worst one in the past few weeks I guess was a moron in a Lamborghini going what I would estimate at least 130kph/80mph past an accident where both ambulance and police personell were working on the road, the road in question is limited to 70kph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morons that feel the need to slow down and even stop to gawk at traffic accidents on the highway after the police have arrived. Literally could not give a shit if someones head is exploded ten different ways to Sunday all over the pavement, move the fuck on before you cause another accident.

Of course this is for accidents that are on the side of a road and not physically in the way. Absolutely hate getting slowed down for a mile because of a fender bender. Basically happens every day on the way home from work.

Also people that forget to turn their blinker off. I don't want to gamble on you not turning or not.
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-02-22 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow drivers

If you wanna drive the speed limit stay out of the left lane or take the damn bus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Slow drivers

If you wanna drive the speed limit stay out of the left lane or take the damn bus.
    I think this is more 'inconvenient drivers' than 'stupid drivers'.

I have road rage, therefore I don't drive

The most common issue I have with other drivers is at a two-way stop on my way to work. I want to make a left turn, and do not have a stop sign. The people to my left also want to turn left, but do have a stop sign. At least once a week, when I slow down to wait for traffic before making my turn, those other people seem to think I'm coming to a stop. They will start going and will look upset when we almost hit.

Similarly, many people ignore the "whoever stops at the line first has the right of way" rule at four-way stop sign intersections.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, come to coastal Orange County where entitlement behind the wheel borders on sociopathy.

I've lived all over the country and these are by far the worst drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Morons that feel the need to slow down and even stop to gawk at traffic accidents on the highway after the police have arrived. Literally could not give a shit if someones head is exploded ten different ways to Sunday all over the pavement, move the fuck on before you cause another accident.

Of course this is for accidents that are on the side of a road and not physically in the way. Absolutely hate getting slowed down for a mile because of a fender bender. Basically happens every day on the way home from work.

Also people that forget to turn their blinker off. I don't want to gamble on you not turning or not.
    Oh my god, this so much.

Couple summers ago, I was crossing Massachusetts on I-90. Suddenly it goes to a full stop-and-go traffic jam. Why? Some idiot car . . . ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE . . . in a ditch. Jam cleared up shortly after that.

Like seriously, fuck rubberneckers.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I think this is more 'inconvenient drivers' than 'stupid drivers'.
    Nah, it's definitely stupid to be slow in the left lane.

I can't stand people that don't use their signals! I am not a mind reader, your signal is the only way I will know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Nah, it's definitely stupid to be slow in the left lane.
    On the highway? Sure...keep to the right unless you are passing
    In the city? Often unavoidable.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

After being in Florida for a year, there are three distinct Drivers ive noticed. Those that drive 15-20 mph under the posted speed limit, Those that do the usual posted to 7 MPH over, and those that just say fuck it and drive 20-30 Mph over. They seem to be about even in numbers.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Like seriously, fuck rubberneckers.
    Oh that's what rubbernecking is? Hah thanks learned something new today.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So was on the bus that takes me to campus this morning and we got to an intersection. Bus starts making his turn and you know buses are pretty big vehicles and need generally a lane and a half to make a safe turn. Bus is in the middle of the turn in the intersection and some stupid woman comes zooming out of the parking lot across the street. Didn't slow down or anything. She pulled in the opposing lane and barely missed the bus.

What kind of shitty drivers do you run into on a daily basis?
    My biggest beef is over the passing lane. If you have ever called the left lane, even one time in your life, the "fast lane", you should be subject to execution. It's not a fucking fast lane. What the fuck does "fast" even mean? It's the fucking PASSING LANE. If you look out your right window, while in the left lane, and there is not a car slowly moving behind you, you are wrong, and you should kill yourself to save us the trouble.

I may have stated that too strongly...or not strong enough...not sure.

As you all know, people going straight have right of way over people turning. Very few roads where I live have designated left turn lanes. So it's pretty frequent that traffic going one way will be stopped by someone waiting for oncoming traffic to clear so they can turn left. My peeves is the freaking dumbass people who going out and around the right side of the stopped person and just keep on going. They can't see around the stopped car, they don't know why they're stopped. There would be pedestrians, someone on cross traffic could be going across. It drives me nuts. But every day I'll be stopped waiting to turn left and seeing car after car after car passing me on the right going through the bike lanes. Heaven forbid you have to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    As for drivers, the people who like to sit their ass in the fast lane while going the speed limit are an absolute nuisance - especially when the lane to the right of the fast lane is empty.
    I don't really get road rage but I have definitely cut people off who were sitting in the fast lane slowing everyone down.
    I have a hard time being mad at people that do that seeing as they are going the speed limit or sometimes a little faster. Technically speaking they are going the maximum speed allowed for the road so nobody should be passing them regardless of them being in the fast lane or not. Generally I have a bigger problem with people that feel speed limits are only suggestions and weave through lanes cutting people off and disrupting traffic patterns.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've had a handful of times where I've seen people do some really stupid things. Like a lady that almost hit me a few weeks ago. She turned into a gas station after missing the turn for a road. She then proceeded to exit the gas station, driving the wrong way on the road, and turned on the street she missed -- that happened to be the street I was turning on to as well. When you're turning left, you don't expect traffic to come from your back-left.

Beyond that, not really busy enough for a lot of worry beyond slow drivers or people asleep/texting when a light turns green.

Now, bad parkers? Oh man, my rage has no bounds. I park far away to avoid door dings, and sometimes I'll come out to a minivan or something parked next to my car... with like 30 open spots closer to the store. Like, why did you have to park next to me? Yeah, sure, if it's a nice car, they're just following what I'm doing and probably aren't going to ding my doors... but junkers do it and I don't get it.

My biggest beef is over the passing lane. If you have ever called the left lane, even one time in your life, the "fast lane", you should be subject to execution. It's not a fucking fast lane. What the fuck does "fast" even mean? It's the fucking PASSING LANE. If you look out your right window, while in the left lane, and there is not a car slowly moving behind you, you are wrong, and you should kill yourself to save us the trouble.

I may have stated that too strongly...or not strong enough...not sure.
    May have? You told people to kill themselves for sitting in the left lane when there's no one around; of all the situations you want to tell someone to kill themselves for being oblivious/stupid, you picked the one where they aren't affecting anyone but themselves. Should they really be there? Most cases the answer is no, but your reaction is extreme for the situation you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I have a hard time being mad at people that do that seeing as they are going the speed limit or sometimes a little faster. Technically speaking they are going the maximum speed allowed for the road so nobody should be passing them regardless of them being in the fast lane or not. Generally I have a bigger problem with people that feel speed limits are only suggestions and weave through lanes cutting people off and disrupting traffic patterns.
    I would have more of an issue with people weaving in and out of traffic if it weren't for the fact that people will sit in any lane regardless of how fast they're going. I don't even want to speed but often times I end up having to weave in and out of traffic just so I can maintain the speed limit. I really shouldn't have to weave just to be able to maintain a speed that isn't considered dangerous or reckless for the given road. It really is stupid when you have a 3 lanes on a 55MPH road where the guy in the right lane is going 55 MPH, the guy in the middle is going 50 MPH, and someone on the left is going 60 MPH. This gets further exacerbated when said 50 MPH is sitting in the lane for several miles and actually causing traffic to build up behind him slowing down the traffic even more; essentially forcing people to have to weave around him or get stuck behind ever slowing traffic. Personally I find those that weave in and out contribute LESS to the overall traffic.
    Last edited by Allarius; 2017-02-22 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Now, bad parkers? Oh man, my rage has no bounds. I park far away to avoid door dings, and sometimes I'll come out to a minivan or something parked next to my car... with like 30 open spots closer to the store. Like, why did you have to park next to me? Yeah, sure, if it's a nice car, they're just following what I'm doing and probably aren't going to ding my doors... but junkers do it and I don't get it.
    Some people just want to be shits. My job has a crowded lot and no matter how far away I park some asshole always finds a way to dent my car.

Last year I was at a really awful intersection. The jughandle lets people back in so close to the highway and you literally have to stop to let people in otherwise there's no way they can get in from this residential area that I live in. I have to drive through here almost every day. One day I have to stop to let this guy in front of me and he won't fucking go. So I tell myself "Fuck it." and start going. As soon as I start going he slams on the gas and cuts me right off. I hit the brakes and what happens? Guy behind me rear ends me, not badly but enough to ding the rear bumper on my car. There might be internal damage.

So we pull up to the red light(we're in the left turn lane) and I get out to look at the damage. Then I start walking over to the guy who hit me to tell him to pull into the gas station across the highway. What does he do? He drives off, goes right, between two cars that had a big gap between them and goes on to the highway. With me standing there stupid and not taking a picture of his car for some reason. Some fucking people.