Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize that having there children taken care of fallows under both bolded words right? Kinda hard for a soldier to perform there duty if they got to worry about how there kid will be taken care of.

You realize they pay for their own day care, right?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Nice argument, totally adult and constrictive..................
    Look atyour own source

A Department of Defense memo implementing the hiring freeze exempted certain classes of civilian workers, including “child care to the children of military personnel.” But another memo from the Army required special permission from the service secretary before filing the positions. This has created an additional layer of bureaucracy in an already cumbersome hiring system, apparently creating shortages.
    Trump put's in a hiring freeze but you can bypass this by filing paperwork. If this is the worst you have on Trump then we're in a better position than we thought. Maybe focus on real Trump issues than shitty faux outrages.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

Trump put's in a hiring freeze but you can bypass this by filing paperwork. If this is the worst you have on Trump then we're in a better position than we thought. Maybe focus on real Trump issues than shitty faux outrages.
    Ya because that shit doesn't take time at all to process.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You're missing the point.
    I get the point, but I disagree. Again, the wife's mother is a 23 year retired Army veteran. She never had child care services and yet the Army manage keep her. And many other people. The cost of child care for non-military can be equally crazy. I have co-workers who had their wives quit working, because it became overall cheaper than the cost of day care. If you leave the Army because they don't offer child care services you might, depending on your area, be in for a equally brutal surprise.

I'm not opposed to the military offering it out if at all possible, but they can't always offer everything. Sometimes things get cut\suspended, and it sucks.

So? Hell we should eliminate all red tape because it takes time to process, we should be outraged at the government all the time, how dare they! It's pretty fucking sad when there are so many real Trump issues to talk about that shit like this is posted lol. I am sure Trump rather people focus on this, than let's say anything tied to Russia.

Most Child Youth Services offered by the military are subsidized for military members. It's based on pay scale. I will say, the day care services run by the military are the best I have ever seen, by far. The Strong Beginnings Program is basically a pre-K addition to many facilities. It doesn't really require much more manpower, but they do go through additional training. Once again, it is an amazing program, and it really works.

That's not to say that it needs to be subsidized. Honestly, military members shouldn't get as strong of subsidies as they are getting for child care. The solution would be to allow for private hiring, and/or partially privatize those facilities. They do it with housing, they can do it with child care. Either solution would get around any need for a hiring freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I get the point, but I disagree. Again, the wife's mother is a 23 year retired Army veteran. She never had child care services and yet the Army manage keep her. And many other people. The cost of child care for non-military can be equally crazy. I have co-workers who had their wives quit working, because it became overall cheaper than the cost of day care. If you leave the Army because they don't offer child care services you might, depending on your area, be in for a equally brutal surprise.

I'm not opposed to the military offering it out if at all possible, but they can't always offer everything. Sometimes things get cut\suspended, and it sucks.
    QFT, unless both spouses make good money it's almost not worth having the other one work, especially if you have more than one kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Most Child Youth Services offered by the military are subsidized for military members. It's based on pay scale. I will say, the day care services run by the military are the best I have ever seen, by far. The Strong Beginnings Program is basically a pre-K addition to many facilities. It doesn't really require much more manpower, but they do go through additional training. Once again, it is an amazing program, and it really works.

That's not to say that it needs to be subsidized. Honestly, military members shouldn't get as strong of subsidies as they are getting for child care. The solution would be to allow for private hiring, and/or partially privatize those facilities. They do it with housing, they can do it with child care. Either solution would get around any need for a hiring freeze.

They're already getting lots of other subsidies, such as a place to live, they make enough to afford childcare, especially if they're located outside the US and not paying income tax.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-hiri...fa3#.9jcotl5ar

But remember guys hes for the people.....
    The people pay for their own child care already. Just sayin...

So? Hell we should eliminate all red tape because it takes time to process, we should be outraged at the government all the time, how dare they! It's pretty fucking sad when there are so many real Trump issues to talk about that shit like this is posted lol. I am sure Trump rather people focus on this, than let's say anything tied to Russia.
    Ya its clear talking to you is pointless but that isn't anything new.

Also all Trump issues should be talked about, not selected ones. His pile of bullshit needs to be talked about.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

QFT, unless both spouses make good money it's almost not worth having the other one work, especially if you have more than one kid.

- - - Updated - - -

They're already getting lots of other subsidies, such as a place to live, they make enough to afford childcare, especially if they're located outside the US and not paying income tax.
    I agree, they shouldn't be subsidized. Mostly, the lower enlisted are the ones receiving the subsidies. My kids went through for a while, and the programs are really amazing. I will have to check to see how much they are subsidized by taxpayer funds (DoD), and how much is subsidized by contractors and upper enlisted/officers who have their children enrolled there. The costs for the higher ranks is often times more than the costs for the private sector in the surrounding area.

The real issue will be the part-day cancellation. If there are two-military-member families, then their commands will have to juggle how they manage to watch their kids after school.

Ya its clear talking to you is pointless but that isn't anything new.

Also all Trump issues should be talked about, not selected ones. His pile of bullshit needs to be talked about.
    Sorry if I called out your bullshit headline and your faux outrage.

Sorry if I called out your bullshit headline and your faux outrage.
    Whatever you got to tell urself pumpkin.

I know it's not a popular thing to say, but they'll have to take their kids to a civilian day cares. It's great when you can offer it, sometimes things get cut or suspended.
    You don't make a whole lot in service. You don't really need it and end up having plenty of extra money due to so many services being provided freely and cheaply (even more so if you take advantage, stay at the barracks and eat for free at the hall, which is actually pretty good imo), but childcare is expensive. Losing that resource is a pretty big blow to a lot of people, adding a fair amount of stress and definitely makes the campaign promise untrue.

Most people I know from the military knew Trump is a lying shithead already though and didn't expect any differently. He talks shit about POW's, obviously has no respect for individual lives. This is just par for the course, no surprise coming from Trump, am definitely not a fan of this recent trend of presidents who have never served at all.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The people pay for their own child care already. Just sayin...

Yeah but Trump was suppose to be the support the military guy, because Obama supposedly hated the military.

So far this 1 policy has hurt troops in 2 ways. 1 by hampering the VA and now this.

Do you have personal experience on filling out i d 10 T forms, cuz it sure seems it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro's and Con's happen during hiring freeze, more news at 11.
    What pros does this hiring freeze have? He is making it harder for the next generation of federal workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You know, while I don't agree with what I'm about to say, I still feel it should be said.

If soldiers are not being paid enough maybe they should find a better job or negotiate wages better.

Now, I should include I don't actually agree with this for the same reason I don't agree with it being said for any other time. It doesn't actually fix anything.
    Thats the problem kiddo, they will.

The government literally spends MILLIONS of dollars to train, equip, and maintain one soldier over the course of one enlistment. Lets say a soldier is in for 4 years, then get married and have a kid. If they can't support their family, they will leave the service and find another occupation where they can, and the government loses that investment.

It would be just cheaper to subsidize the childcare

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's not free, its just slightly cheaper than the civi market.

At least two Army bases are suspending childcare programs, citing staff shortages related to the hiring freeze.
    Over the course of a couple weeks? Seems like pretty obvious bullshit. I'm unsurprised to see a government institution claiming that they couldn't possibly make do with even one person less though. This reeks of a politically motivated move explicitly intended to make service members feel pain in order to apply political pressure.

Finally an issue that it seems the majority of both the left and the right can agree on.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The pro is you stop letting people spend a bunch of government money until you assess the situation and see what we need.

That's the thing about government, it has no problem spending money that isn't theirs.

Oh i guess then they suspended production of those F35's and that 12 billion dollar carrier and those missiles....till they can assess the situation.....and....oh wait....nope just some daycare, vet support and stuff for poor people.

Guess those programs had to fill out forms to get an exemption too right?
    Last edited by Zan15; 2017-02-22 at 09:03 PM.