10+ Year Old Account

Smile Trump's Jobs Plan Could Lead to Marriage Boom !

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...oom-study.html

President Trump’s promise to revive the U.S. manufacturing sector could have an unintended consequence: stimulating a marriage boom.

The president met with U.S. manufacturing CEOs at the White House on Thursday and reiterated his pledge to institute economic policies, including tax cuts and deregulatory efforts aimed at creating millions of new “made-in-America” jobs. And that might also be good news for the American family, a new study shows.

Between 1980 and 2014, the U.S. economy lost about 7 million jobs in the manufacturing sector, according to the Brookings Institute. That contraction led to a correlated decline in marriageable American men, according to a new National Bureau of Economic Research paper by economists David Autor, David Dorn and Gordon Hanson.

Trade shocks to local manufacturing communities, due to increased competition from countries like China, set off a “causal chain running from adverse shocks to male earnings capacity to declining marriage prevalence among young adults, a rising fraction of births accruing to teenage and unmarried mothers, and an increasing share of children living in single-headed and impoverished households,” the report concludes.

The study relates the loss of manufacturing jobs in a community to the tendency of men, who would be working such jobs, to leave the area, enlist in the military, end up in jail, lose their homes, or resort to potentially fatal vices like drugs and alcohol. All of this decreases the pool of available men for single women in the area, thus leading to a decline in the marriage rate, the researchers conclude.

The number of adults above the age of 25 who had never married registered at one in five in 2012, according to the Pew Research Center. In 1960, that statistic was only one in ten.

The research suggests that Trump’s goal of bringing back jobs, if successful, could begin to reverse these trends. And by increasing the marriage rate, the president might also be giving a boost to the economy.

Tying the knot, first and foremost, increases the economic viability of the couple, according to a 2014 study by Robert Lerman and Bradford Wilcox.

“We estimate that the growth in median income of families with children would be 44 percent higher if the United States enjoyed 1980 levels of married parenthood today,” the study found.

Higher marriage rates are also linked to more economic success and less violent crime at the state level, according to research by Joseph Price, Robert Lerman and Bradford Wilcox. The 2015 report documents a positive correlation between marriage and economic growth and mobility, while concluding marriage also decreases the risk of children growing up in poverty.

“In America, the wealth of states is clearly tied to the state of their marital unions,” Price, Lerman and Wilcox concluded.
    Marriage is the apex of love. Undeniable.

So this could be some possible good news out of this administration. More people settling down and enjoying their lives instead of living on the edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Really? Yea no its pretty deniable.

I don't think young adults are lining up for manufacturing jobs, much less depending on them to support a family. Try asking an early to mid 20 year old female if shes ready to marry her boyfriend with his awesome manufacturing job haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Really? Yea no its pretty deniable.
    What is the apex of love then hmmm???

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only religious people get married anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Yes, because the first thought that pops into my mind when I hear "$7/hr manufacturing job" is "hot damn, let me lock this guy down for life".

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Only religious people get married anymore.
    I'm not having some dude's kids out of wedlock, I'm not that stupid.

So the basis and data underlying this post has the same support as: "Trump's Jobs Plan Could Lead to 9 Raid Tier Expansions."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes, because the first thought that pops into my mind when I hear "$7/hr manufacturing job" is "hot damn, let me lock this guy down for life".

I'm not having some dude's kids out of wedlock, I'm not that stupid.
    I became pregnant before getting married, but am now. Most of that was a religious sense, and both of us have stable jobs/incomes.

There are secular reasons but I think marriage is more common among the religious than not.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell, when did Trump get a jobs plan? Or is "America first" seriously considered a jobs plan by some? It should be general knowledge that better economic security results in more people settling down. Then again, there are a lot of benefits from increased economic security that seem to often be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I became pregnant before getting married, but am now. Most of that was a religious sense, and both of us have stable jobs/incomes.

There are secular reasons but I think marriage is more common among the religious than not.
    The issue is not stable jobs/incomes, the issue is that there should be a demonstrated show of commitment from a guy before you make an 18-year commitment by having his child. In the US, half of all single mothers live below the poverty line, and the cost of raising children is enormous. It's not just the financial commitment but the time and energy commitment in raising a child.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I've heard lots of stories of things going another direction. Marriage is not a guaranteed means of determining whether or not an individual will stick around, but most people take marriage vows more seriously than a simple verbal commitment to their partner.

I agree that it is more prevalent among the religious, but I don't think it's only the religious getting married.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The issue is not stable jobs/incomes, the issue is that there should be a demonstrated show of commitment from a guy before you make an 18-year commitment by having his child. In the US, half of all single mothers live below the poverty line, and the cost of raising children is enormous. It's not just the financial commitment but the time and energy commitment in raising a child.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I've heard lots of stories of things going another direction. Marriage is not a guaranteed means of determining whether or not an individual will stick around, but most people take marriage vows more seriously than a simple verbal commitment to their partner.

I agree that it is more prevalent among the religious, but I don't think it's only the religious getting married.
    Even if this man leaves, if anything it would be his loss. I mean he is great, but obviously he can be replaced if he chooses to leave and I am personally financially well off enough to not worry. I just like a family. If anything he would be poorer over all.

I like him and need the babysitter and cook.

I mean I think we can agree that a female chooses its marriage partner based if it can provide stability. This paper just adds to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

So this could be some possible good news out of this administration. More people settling down and enjoying their lives instead of living on the edge.
    Marriage is a legal contract more so than anything else and with it comes legal protection.
    Too many think that marriage is the ultimate show of love, so they marry without thought or consideration, which often ends up in a divorse or a bad marriage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I mean I think we can agree that a female chooses its marriage partner based if it can provide stability. This paper just adds to that.
    I'd get together with a woman if she provided for me. I'd love to be a "houseman" :P