Frost artifact trait nerfs

Runic chills changed to reduce the cool down of sindragosa's fury instead of empower rune weapon. RIP.

Deleted
    Yeah RIP. I also feel bad about this

SF is not really a DPS CD, just a nice tool :/
    They should change the Leggos Legs in the same time...

Deleted
    CoF & Legendary ring already reduce the CD of Empower Rune Weapon and as I have both, I'm not too bothered.

Getting the opportunity to use the dragon more on AOE/cleave fights is actually quite exciting, if you use it at the right time (adds on Skorp, Spellblade) it's absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgarath View Post
    CoF & Legendary ring already reduce the CD of Empower Rune Weapon and as I have both, I'm not too bothered.

Getting the opportunity to use the dragon more on AOE/cleave fights is actually quite exciting, if you use it at the right time (adds on Skorp, Spellblade) it's absolutely insane.
    Cool, because we all have that trinket and the legendary ring and we're not too bothered either. /s

Blizzard also generally doesn't like letting people use things from prior tier (tier bonuses, trinkets) for extended periods of time, so CoF is going to get replaced in some way. I'm happy about this change, only because all the attention being given to HRW between the traits and the tier bonus was getting a bit silly. It forces you into a talent choice, and suddenly makes a utility talent a DPS increase. I know they want to promote BoS playstyle, but there has to be a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    Blizzard also generally doesn't like letting people use things from prior tier (tier bonuses, trinkets) for extended periods of time, so CoF is going to get replaced in some way. I'm happy about this change, only because all the attention being given to HRW between the traits and the tier bonus was getting a bit silly. It forces you into a talent choice, and suddenly makes a utility talent a DPS increase. I know they want to promote BoS playstyle, but there has to be a better way.
    the trinket doesn't force you into the talent choice and BOS doesn't need the trinket to do good numbers. Also, HRW is not a utility talent but a dps talent. it makes empower rune weapon more efficient by not having wasted runes and providing more runes and runepower for damaging abilities.

they probably changed the ability because of the tier 20 4 piece. who knows if it'll be enough to compensate tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    the trinket doesn't force you into the talent choice and BOS doesn't need the trinket to do good numbers. Also, HRW is not a utility talent but a dps talent. it makes empower rune weapon more efficient by not having wasted runes and providing more runes and runepower for damaging abilities.

they probably changed the ability because of the tier 20 4 piece. who knows if it'll be enough to compensate tho
    i think they changed it cause they feared tier 20+ new traits reducing ERW/HRW cd+ CoF would become to op espcialy combined with the ring for frost or oblirate belt.
    And if it dint change (and even with change) it might become just plain op breath, but thats just my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    i think they changed it cause they feared tier 20+ new traits reducing ERW/HRW cd+ CoF would become to op espcialy combined with the ring for frost or oblirate belt.
    And if it dint change (and even with change) it might become just plain op breath, but thats just my take on it.
    I think they nerfed it because there was going to be 0 use for the tier 20 4pc. The trait and CoF would have put HRW sub 2mins in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    I think they nerfed it because there was going to be 0 use for the tier 20 4pc. The trait and CoF would have put HRW sub 2mins in all situations.
    better than that actually, itd be close to a min cd.
    we avg around 10-12 crystalline swords a min

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    better than that actually, itd be close to a min cd.
    we avg around 10-12 crystalline swords a min
    Oh yea, I know. I was just putting emphasize on the 2 min part, due to it being the BoS CD. But yea, it would probably be around 50 seconds lol...pretty dumb and way overkill.

Not even to mention Thronebreaker which causes more Swords...rofl what a joke skill design.

oh well, now BoS should be about now be reduced by 1 min, every minute of uptime. So breath will probably have a 2.5 min CD on average (which is what everyone was asking for anyway)

With pants its going to be just above 1 minute rofl, Pants could be extremely broken on some fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this was the correct thing to do, having all the tier gear + cof + ring would have been ridiculous, possible to get perma breath

Most serious raiders will probably be on like 8+ legendaries by 7.2 since 5-6 is normal right now.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

What are you people talking about. No one is going to use CoF next tier unless you get ridiculously lucky with titanforges. The ilvl increases of other trinkets would be too much to pass up. Balancing around a trinket that only a very small minority of people are going to use next tier is stupid. And the 4pc reduces the cd by like 15 seconds. That's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    What are you people talking about. No one is going to use CoF next tier unless you get ridiculously lucky with titanforges. The ilvl increases of other trinkets would be too much to pass up. Balancing around a trinket that only a very small minority of people are going to use next tier is stupid. And the 4pc reduces the cd by like 15 seconds. That's nothing.
    That also assuming trinkets next tier will be decent. This entire expansion the trinkets have been complete shit for Dks.

No damage trinkets currently does more than 2% damage for Dks, and RNG proc trinkets (memento/Foci) are absolute nightmares most pulls.

After getting Mythic Elisande on Farm, getting a 905 to roll up wont be an issue, and using a 915ish trinket through PROGRESSION, wont be nearly as bad as it sounds. Most 7.2 Heroic trinkets will be roughly the same ilvl, prob 925.

CoF in essence will become Maidens Multi-Strike trinket 2.0

instead this time youll run it on LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic weekly hoping for higher titanforge chances every go around past 7.2

If this is true, I'm quite happy with it. Aside from the fact that I think ERW is a rather boring ability (not saying it's bad, just not really an exciting button to press for me), I really wanted some more interaction with our Artifact's active ability. Unholy has two traits that affect Army, which in turn affects it's trait Apocalypse. Frost had nothing that interacted with Crystalline Swords nor Sindragosa's Fury.

So I approve of Sindragosa cooldown reduction.
    Last edited by CookieEater; 2017-02-24 at 10:13 AM.