Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Nonsense, they don't permanently ban people without having someone look at the logs first. There's no "false positives" on permanent bans as they are not automated. Only temporary bans are.
    Did they say it? If so, where? I was under the impression that perma-ban is just the last automatic step in a sequence of bans with ever-increasing punishment. That is, that there are no special steps for it.

Just get in contact with Blizzard CS, don't mail, directly call them, nobody here can help you.
    But I can tell you that a few of my friends already got banned for exactly this reason, and after they contacted CS were unbanned and got two free days playtime. It's probably indeed some automatic detection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The way I see it, people listing crafting materials as single items totally deserve to be banned.
    Probably, but this is tied to a faulty system and filter mechanics. Default UI forces the user to search for the best offers, instead of simply allowing him to buy any quantity they want.

But yeah I agree, scrolling through 20 pages to find a FEW things, not a SINGLE thing sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sciatika View Post
    Why would I come to the forums asking for advice if I did it?
    Why would you come to the forums asking for advice on this at all? If your account has been closed and you don't get why, you contact the ones that have closed it, not random players that have no clue what's going on or why. And since you've been told to do just that several times in this thread already, I assume you're going to do it right away. If not, you're the one being what you called him.

They don't ban people for no reason. If you got banned for that reason you either bought gold or bought a boostrun for real money, so deal with the consequences.
    Back in 2009 the Logitech Gaming Software flagged my account for botting. Happens more than you would think. In 2010 I was banned again for giving a buddy a large sum of gold for a mount and got that overturned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello. Tonight I got an email that my account was closed permanently for abuse of the economy. I have never once purchased or sold gold or anything outside of the game for any real life currency at all. Does anyone else have any information on this. I have used the auction house mobile app, that's it.
    Sadly, we and the MMO-champion community isn't part of the Blizzard Entertainment customer support system, and we and our comments aren't going to be able to assist you further than views and opinions. I would suggest you to contact Blizzard Entertainment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    exactly because of that reason, i stopped using auctinator - damn thing scans all pages, i can't wait 5 minutes (you are in low pop server if it works for you). without any addons i can sell my little stuff, i have, with some seconds. i only wish they put price "per item" as default in blizzard UI.

They don't ban people for no reason. If you got banned for that reason you either bought gold or bought a boostrun for real money, so deal with the consequences.
    Actually they do. Do you seriously think that there is no chance of error? If so then you're stupid AF.

Mistakes can happen anywhere and to anyone. I've gotten myself banned from WoW for no reason and my bans were taken off within couple of hours so yeah it can happen and it happens and it has always happened.

I wish meteor would hit planet earth and end this pathetic world so nature could start all over again and let dolphins be the dominant race. Humans are not worth like you've just demonstrated

Anyhow poster: No one in forums can do anything for you and i still don't get why the heck ppl still do these threads. Everything account related issues are solved by customer support so just do support ticket / call them or something

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I agree 100%. Nothing in the world (of Warcraft) is more irritating that going though 10 auction house pages to find the cheapest full stacks of flasks and food.
    Get an auction house add-on... Example. Auctionater. I search an item. It shows the lowest price per item for buyout. I list most crafting mats in 5s but some in 1. Why? Because isntnit the fucking WORST when your crafting something. Need 1 or 2 of an item and the lowest stack if fucking 50? Learn to get an add-on if it bothers you so much

Auctionater. Buy tab. Search item. It will have it by lowest cost. And you can buy them all up easily. 1 or 200 per stack
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I have already submitted an appeal. I just wanted some dialog from players who might have been through this before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Void master, you're an idiot. Why would I come to the forums asking for advice if I did it? I have been selling and buying augment runes, chaos crystals, and prolonged power pots, and flasks but nothing out of the ordinary. I also use the mobile app to do this, which wasn't working for over a week.
    Because you might be pathetic and came here to get a pity party of "fuck blizz" people set up

Not saying you are. But 75% of the times that's what they do. Should a seen the massive amount of people after overwatchs first ban wave

Deleted
    Sorry to say odd stuff like this actually happens.

One of my other accounts got banned in TBC for pretty much the same reason ("market exploitation" if I'm not mistaken). At the time I was using my Rogue to repeatedly run high-level dungeons for the now non-existent locked chests that had gems/BoEs in them. As it took very little time to do, the only restricting factor was the new instances limit - still, even with that system in place, it wasn't very hard to make a very solid amount of gold by, basically, taking over the market for these 2 items by having nearly unlimited (and cheap) supply.

Needless to say, Blizzard apparently didn't appreciate my entrepreneurial efforts.

p.s. I hope you have better luck than me in getting your account back - despite numerous appeals, mine remains banned to this day.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2017-02-23 at 09:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense, they don't permanently ban people without having someone look at the logs first. There's no "false positives" on permanent bans as they are not automated. Only temporary bans are.
    Oh they do.. I got permanently banned back in the early days of WOTLK when my account got hacked. Was inactive for a short time and under that time someone used my account. A friend of mine asked me if i have started to play again because my char was sitting online in OG at a mailbox for days and asked what i was doing.

Contacted blizzard,they permanently banned the account,never gave me a reason why or what i had done. tried to get it back for like 2 years. Without success.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello. Tonight I got an email that my account was closed permanently for abuse of the economy. I have never once purchased or sold gold or anything outside of the game for any real life currency at all. Does anyone else have any information on this. I have used the auction house mobile app, that's it.
    I'd suggest writing a ban appeal, explaining thoroughly what you've done, possibly any evidence you can present, screenshots, videos if you playing and what you've done so that they can put timestamps on what you've done and where. And have them Investigate. You've the right to ask them at least two times to re-review your ban before they'll start ignoring you like they have me. Even though I still write to them monthly, sometimes weekly and won't stop as I'm sure you won't if you accounts been around for as long as mine.

But at the end of the day, they can do anything they can to our accounts and we have no legal right In saying no. Unless we go to court, and pay a lot of money to have the circumstances examined, there's no way.

False, they do ban for no reason many times like myself. I've been banned on my account on April 2015 due to a hacker stealing my account, seems reasonable right? And then they go on and tell me they don't believe It was another hacker but just me. So apparently they claim I hacked MYSELF, and commited harassment on that account and that It all was me. And not the hacker instead which would make much more sense considering the evidence I gave to clearly show I was nowhere near the IP identified with the banning as I was travelling, my flight tickets, hotel reciets, all given and I'm still being ignored a year and 10 months later.

So yes, Blizzard does ban for no reason because they can literally ban you for any reason they make up and can keep you banned and you can't do anything about It at all. That's how our relationship with them works, loyalty means nothing to a billion dollar company. Even If you've played WoW for 12 years since Vanilla, loyalty means nothing.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Get an auction house add-on... Example. Auctionater. I search an item. It shows the lowest price per item for buyout. I list most crafting mats in 5s but some in 1. Why? Because isntnit the fucking WORST when your crafting something. Need 1 or 2 of an item and the lowest stack if fucking 50? Learn to get an add-on if it bothers you so much

Auctionater. Buy tab. Search item. It will have it by lowest cost. And you can buy them all up easily. 1 or 200 per stack
    This completely proves my point. Things are so bad with idiots putting single items on the AH that people are having to create and download third party software.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    This completely proves my point. Things are so bad with idiots putting single items on the AH that people are having to create and download third party software.
    Again read my post... People posting only stacks of 1 is bad to you. But to others its a god send. So its a personal problem on your side. I don't like hearing "OK I will need 3 unbending potions" then finding the lowest amount on the ah is 200 like... Fuck off...

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Deleted
    Void master, you're an idiot. Why would I come to the forums asking for advice if I did it? I have been selling and buying augment runes, chaos crystals, and prolonged power pots, and flasks but nothing out of the ordinary. I also use the mobile app to do this, which wasn't working for over a week.
    Yeah ofcourse you did, you got perma-banned for selling flasks, totally

Also all these people coming in who suddenly got an "i got permabanned for no reason" story are adorable.
    If you get a permaban you did something which is against the rules, easy as that. Getting "hacked" is your own fault for not using an authenticator or using the same password for all your online shit, so deal with it.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-02-23 at 10:21 AM.

Also all these people coming in who suddenly got an "i got permabanned for no reason" story are adorable.
    That's called a false positive. They exist.

Well, they did with me. I told them to check into the case one more time and they found nothing. Account opened again. My account that haven't been in use for years was banned for abuse of the economy