Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.

Justice should never be profit driven

It should come as no surprise that scumbag Jeff Sessions is rolling back on Obama's initiative to move away from private for profit prisons. This when paired with the oncoming attempt to effectively "re-criminalize" marijuana, and now attempts to outlaw protesting, is sowing the seeds for a nice profit driven authoritarian Presidency. What other things will we outlaw so that we can line the pockets of people who donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to President Tiny Dick?

Justice is blind, not managing a stock portfolio.

It's just the beginning.

Deleted
    Private prisons are a funny idea for a European. Something you would only see in some Hollywood B-movie about some grim future scenario of humanity.

But props for the US to actually live in such a movie

10+ Year Old Account
    justice is only for the rich in the u.s.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It just does not make sense to have private prisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    It should come as no surprise that scumbag Jeff Sessions is rolling back on Obama's initiative to move away from private for profit prisons. This when paired with the oncoming attempt to effectively "re-criminalize" marijuana, and now attempts to outlaw protesting, is sowing the seeds for a nice profit driven authoritarian Presidency. What other things will we outlaw so that we can line the pockets of people who donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to President Tiny Dick?

Justice is blind, not managing a stock portfolio.
    rich people shouldn't be allowed to buy their their way out either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    It just does not make sense to have private prisions.
    I agree, the only reason I could ever see it being done is if red tape was making it difficult to build them, because I don't see how paying someone else to maintain it could be cheaper than doing it yourself.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    It's just the beginning.
    Btw I just noticed and I should have asked earlier, but is your profile pic Frog from Chrono Trigger? Cause if it is well done sir, well done indeed.

Everything and anything should be used to gain profits. That's the American way!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I agree, the only reason I could ever see it being done is if red tape was making it difficult to build them, because I don't see how paying someone else to maintain it could be cheaper than doing it yourself.
    It's not red tape, it's conservative ideology abusing/shirking state and federal power to enrich private interests. Been there numero uno priority since they were allowed to live after the civil war.

It's not red tape, it's conservative ideology abusing/shirking state and federal power to enrich private interests. Been there numero uno priority since they were allowed to live after the civil war.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    Btw I just noticed and I should have asked earlier, but is your profile pic Frog from Chrono Trigger? Cause if it is well done sir, well done indeed.
    Yep & thanks. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Adam Conover covered it well.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

As much as I hate the idea of anything we need being for profit (education, healthcare, a place to live, food/water, clothes, prison for threats to safety), I am always brought back to reality when thinking about how to motivate everyone to work for no profit in any of those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    As much as I hate the idea of anything we need being for profit (education, healthcare, a place to live, food/water, clothes, prison for threats to safety), I am always brought back to reality when thinking about how to motivate everyone to work for no profit in any of those areas.
    Those people who work there are still paid the same even in non-profit institutions, it's just that there are no investors getting to drain money from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Those people who work there are still paid the same even in non-profit institutions, it's just that there are no investors getting to drain money from it.
    Yes, I understand that. The military already works this way. They all join voluntarily. However, they are paid by those that are working in for profit jobs. Without those for profit jobs, the military would not be paid. Which would be the same for everything else that is non profit. SOMETHING has to be for profit in order to fund non profit jobs.

Yes, I understand that. The military already works this way. They all join voluntarily. However, they are paid by those that are working in for profit jobs. Without those for profit jobs, the military would not be paid. Which would be the same for everything else that is non profit. SOMETHING has to be for profit in order to fund non profit jobs.
    Come again?
    How is that connected with the "lack of motivation of the workers" you wrote about before?

Good luck with that sentiment.

Come again?
    How is that connected with the "lack of motivation of the workers" you wrote about before?
    If everyone was already motivated, they would all be in the military. The military is like it's own country, it supports itself via all of the things we need that I posted besides prisons. It has it's own housing, it's own food stores, it's own education centers, it's own clothing stores, it's own hospitals, etc. But people would rather not join the military and work outside of it because it pays more. And the military is paid for via those that work outside of it for profit. So how do you motivate everyone to be like the military as well as pay for it all at the same time if there are no for profit jobs?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-24 at 09:02 PM.

If everyone was already motivated, they would all be in the military. The military is like it's own country, it supports itself via all of the things we need that I posted besides prisons. It has it's own housing, it's own food stores, it's own education centers, it's own clothing stores, it's own hospitals, etc. But people would rather not join the military and work outside of it because it pays more. And the military is paid for via those that work outside of it for profit. So how do you motivate everyone to be like the military as well as pay for it all at the same time if there are no for profit jobs?
    Now you have lost me completely, you are a bit off on some tangent, aren't you?

And btw. do you think the military offers unlimited workplaces?
    Ho else would "everyone" have a place in it if only they were "motivated"?

Fact is, there is no reason why the workers of non-profit organisations should be paid less and be less motivated than those working for other institutions. The difference is only that there are no investors draining money out of it and paying someone to make sure there is money for them to drain.

Now you have lost me completely, you are a bit off on some tangent, aren't you?

And btw. do you think the military offers unlimited workplaces?
    Ho else would "everyone" have a place in it if only they were "motivated"?

Fact is, there is no reason why the workers of non-profit organisations should be paid less and be less motivated than those working for other institutions. The difference is only that there are no investors draining money out of it and paying someone to make sure there is money for them to drain.
    And where does all this money they will be paid with come from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There are plenty of reasons to avoid the military aside from the shitty pay. Nice try though.
    OMG is everyone who posts in this forum think that asking a question is someone who tries something? I AM A DUMMY, so I ask questions!

And where does all this money they will be paid with come from?
    Where does all that money workers in for-profit prisons get paid with come from?
    Do you think for profit prisons are cheaper on the tax payer?