Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    For me as a teenager in the 90's our thing was laser tag. It was real popular for a short time then sort of died out.

QZar I believe it was called. Man we would have overnight lockins where you play laser tag from 12 midnight till 8am in the morning and it was cardio like you wouldn't beleive.

I never went to one of the indoor ranges. However, I'm old enough to remember the original and loved playing with them when I was young.

For me as a teenager in the 90's our thing was laser tag. It was real popular for a short time then sort of died out.

QZar I believe it was called. Man we would have overnight lockins where you play laser tag from 12 midnight till 8am in the morning and it was cardio like you wouldn't beleive.

No running! Don't climb on the obstacles! No fun allowed! The people who worked at those places were total downers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I lost 15-20lbs playing DDR back in the day. Didn't see people giving a shit about that games benefits.
    It was real great when we had an arcade machine in town. Playing it without really good pads is quite unrewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    No running! Don't climb on the obstacles! No fun allowed! The people who worked at those places were total downers.
    As long as there were not some super never been there before noobs the staff at our location disregarded all that (minus the climbing, cause those barricades were just not built for human weight).

We even played matches under "blackout" mode. aka all the lights were cut off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It was real great when we had an arcade machine in town. Playing it without really good pads is quite unrewarding.
    On a side note, the last actual physical arcade we had here closed up shop in the mall many many years ago. It was called The Tilt.

Do arcades even exist anymore or did computers/consoles pretty much end that?

I remember spending hours on end playing stuff like Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2 back in the late 90s.

As long as there were not some super never been there before noobs the staff at our location disregarded all that (minus the climbing, cause those barricades were just not built for human weight).

We even played matches under "blackout" mode. aka all the lights were cut off.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, the last actual physical arcade we had here closed up shop in the mall many many years ago. It was called The Tilt.

Do arcades even exist anymore or did computers/consoles pretty much end that?

I remember spending hours on end playing stuff like Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2 back in the late 90s.
    They're mostly combined with bars anymore. There's one where I live now, one in my hometown which is slightly bigger. I'm not talking about dave and busters or a bar that has some games, but full arcades that just happens serve booze and is open til bars close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

not the first person to use vr to work out. its pretty fun and i do it too. audioshield and space pirate simulator are also pretty good games to play as well as any games involving bow and arrows

http://vrscout.com/news/losing-weigh...-vive-workout/
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They need to invent a setup where its a zombie survival VR game where you can run in place, but you hook a punch of electrodes all over your body to register zombie bites when you think you can stop running.

Fuck it, I'd buy that!

Kind of like this, cept you have no weapons and your only goal is to run to a safe area from zombies. You can't fight back!

15+ Year Old Account
    omnitreadmill, VR, open world game like fallout, would be fit in a week
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Imagine wow where you had to run in place to move around the map and swing a sword to attack in VR.
    I hope to live to an age where we have near to full immersion VR. I want to play something like WoW or a D&D campaign where I can almost feel the heat from dragon fire on my face.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    omnitreadmill, VR, open world game like fallout, would be fit in a week
    Or dead from exhaustion.

Deleted
    Just bought the game because of this thread

Let's just say that knowing about it makes up for all the time wasted reading mmo c

10/10 would buy again

I guess good for him. Doesn't look like the kind of game that would entertain me more than 5 minutes.

I'd probably be more entertained by sitting on a stationary bike while watching a go pro vid.. besides sweating into the head piece is just disgusting imho.

I don't have 50lbs to lose. Hell, I don't have 10lbs to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Just bought the game because of this thread

Let's just say that knowing about it makes up for all the time wasted reading mmo c

10/10 would buy again
    Lol..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Imagine wow where you had to run in place to move around the map and swing a sword to attack in VR.
    If that worked in WoW and OW, I'd be so god damn ripped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I hope to live to an age where we have near to full immersion VR. I want to play something like WoW or a D&D campaign where I can almost feel the heat from dragon fire on my face.
    I dream of a virtual world like SAO, without the dying of course.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis