Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Are they going to start cancelling Rap and HipHop concerts? since a lot of those songs seem pretty degrading to Women. Or since most of them are Black is it a confliction of Virtue Signals?
    Antifa are (as the name should have suggested) specifically targeting what they perceive to be fascist groups, were you so desperate to virtue signal using the term "virtue signalling" you forgot to read the OP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    What is the Socially Just genre of Music I wonder? I need to know as a California resident what will be considered legal in this state.
    Metal is pretty SJW friendly for the most part; having had genuine problems with fascism, misogyny and racism from some parts of the community metal-heads tend not to be so overly sensitive and easily outraged when people criticise aspects of the sub-culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Antifa are (as the name should have suggested) specifically targeting what they perceive to be fascist groups, were you so desperate to virtue signal using the term "virtue signalling" you forgot to read the OP?
    And in this case, they're wrong.

Metal is pretty SJW friendly for the most part; having had genuine problems with fascism, misogyny and racism from some parts of the community metal-heads tend not to be so overly sensitive and easily outraged when people criticise aspects of the sub-culture.
    Many SJW's will disagree with you (and you can find some articles by them complaining about this). The violent themes of Death Metal in itself, would be objectionable enough, nevermind the 'nationalistic' traditionalism much folk or black metal.

Plus they don't think there are enough women in Metal.

Antifa are (as the name should have suggested) specifically targeting what they perceive to be fascist groups.
    - - - Updated - - -

Here's the important part - perceive
    And that's the problem. When Antifa starts to define who is and who isn't a fascist then things get hazy, and when they start justifying violence against these "fascists" that's when they're definitely in the wrong.

I mean take this from antifascism.org
    "WHO ARE FASCISTS? - Republicans, conservatives, alt-righters, nazis, centrists, and anyone who gets in the way of equality, like police officers and firefighters."
    Republicans and centrists are fascists? The police and firefighters need to be fought against?

Just read what they have to say about themselves you might realize that they haven't done much thinking.
    "We are a peaceful organization that believes in punching Nazis and fighting fascism"

Well they are a joke group so no wonder. Antifa that is.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-24 at 01:27 PM.

I have been listening to Marduk since they released "Fuck me Jesus" back in 91, (Yes, im abit old) - And I have been to numerous concerts with them here in Denmark, and They have never tried to market Nazism or anything alike. They even distanced themselves from count grishnakh (Varg vigerness) after he killed Euronomous.

They make concept albums, which in the early days, were about Satan, like every other black metal band did, then they tried out a few other areas, Dracula, and le grand dance macabre.

They then found something that actually made them into what they are today, and that was WW1 and WW2 concept albums, with abit of satan thrown into the mix, to keep the old days alive ;-)

But Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse etc. have been banned from playing in Russia, a couple of times, so i guess, the "movement" against extreme metal music, has gotten a base in the US aswell now.

I wonder what antifa would do, if Slayer or God Dethroned decided to show up...

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    And in this case, they're wrong.
    True, but the person I was replying to was trying to make some sort of tangential point about women in rap music.

Many SJW's will disagree with you (and you can find some articles by them complaining about this). The violent themes of Death Metal in itself, would be objectionable enough, nevermind the 'nationalistic' traditionalism much folk or black metal.

Plus they don't think there are enough women in Metal.
    The thing is whilst there are aspects of metal or the metal community that can be considered problematic, metal-heads (in general) tend to be aware of the fact that the wider metal community isn't perfect and they can acknowledge and agree with the criticism without taking it as some sort of personal slight. That's why attempts to make "Metalgate" an "anti-SJW" movement equivalent to Gamergate fell so flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    It's funny to me, because we've seem to have completely forgotten about Tipper Gore. Who I believe Ice T or Ice Cube even called out in one of their songs back in the day
    The thing is that the Christian right is mostly a bunch of hypocrites and liars, and all of their moralizing is mostly just political posturing, whereas someone like Tipper Gore has no ulterior motives and is dead serious in her conviction that no one should be allowed to have fun. Also, it's funny to look back and think about the kind of music that used to be considered provocative, since most of those songs would hardly raise an eyebrow today.

Deleted
    True, but the person I was replying to was trying to make some sort of tangential point about women in rap music.

The thing is whilst there are aspects of metal or the metal community that can be considered problematic, metal-heads (in general) tend to be aware of the fact that the wider metal community isn't perfect and they can acknowledge and agree with the criticism without taking it as some sort of personal slight. That's why attempts to make "Metalgate" an "anti-SJW" movement equivalent to Gamergate fell so flat.
    That's half true. What is really true that 'SJW pundits', so to speak, the bloggers and the low-ranking journalists don't really know anything about Metal, or care about it, and haven't made any serious overtures against it. If they did, if they were vested, it's unlikely that the lyrical themes of most death metal would be 'problematic', as well as the national heritage themes of Folk and Atmospheric Black Metal.

In terms of realising that they're not perfect, the Metal community has and would have no interest in gentrifying the general lyrical themes that would appease a SJW influx.

Deleted
    How many Slayer shows have been canceled in cali since the 80's? Marduk is a problem in 2017? Did the antifa group hibernated for 35 years? What a joke..... at worst, it's free advertising for Marduk. Im a metal head and didnt know them before that thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Antifa picked a bad fight, no force on earth can defeat metal. Metal was ordained by higher/lower authorities.

You cannot kill the metal.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post

If you think the left is the party of fun, I have no idea how you arrived at that. The right may be stuffy, but they are happy warriors. It's the left that gets so angry, with the riots and all that.
    So we are still doing this whole thing of the far left representing the all left wing ideologies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    They're not. They have albums that have Nazism as a theme. The band deny being Nazis.
    Lol fucking genius.

I have swastika tatoos, wear nazi uniforms and do a lot if zeik heiling. I just cant understand why people think im a nazi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Lol fucking genius.

I have swastika tatoos, wear nazi uniforms and do a lot if zeik heiling. I just cant understand why people think im a nazi.
    Show me their swastika tatoos, their nazi uniforms and photos of them "zeik heiling" plz. Im looking for it right now on google and cant find any.

Or is it coming straight out of your ass because you really really want them to be nazi?
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-02-24 at 02:16 PM.

The quote of the post doesn't convince me of anything. "They have song names referring to things officers were called and photos of Nazi tanks!"

And? Give me lyrics showing the pro-Nazi support the band portrays and I'll be more inclined to agree. Otherwise, this reminds me of the "Ozzy Osborne hypnotizes his fans to worship the devil and promotes suicide!"

Or how even War Pigs was cited in exact opposite to what the lyrics are about.

Never heard of this band MARDUK (but I'm a nerd and keep thinking MODOK :P ), but if people are going to make these claims, I'd want to see the lyrics supporting it more than titles and pictures on the album.

Plus the venue has stated, as minorities themselves, they find nothing to support the claims in their review of the band's history.

Lol fucking genius.

You're actually clueless about this issue. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Show me their swastika tatoos, their nazi uniforms and photos of them "zeik heiling" plz. Im looking for it right now on google and cant find any.

Or is it coming straight out of your ass because you really really want them to be nazi?
    I was using an analogy.

If they want people to stop thinking they are nazis, stop using nazi imagery. Is this really rocket surgery?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    You're actually clueless about this issue. lol
    I was making an anslogy. See above.

Deleted
    I was using an analogy.

If they want people to stop thinking they are nazis, stop using nazi imagery. Is this really rocket surgery?
    Talking ww2 and using a photo of a german tank is using nazi imagery to the point of being called nazis..... that for sure is not rocket surgery..... not their fault if people are that dumb and easy on making that kind of conclusions

My history teacher was a nazi. He showed me swastikas and picture of german tanks. Lol fucking genius. ...
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-02-24 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The sad part of this whole incident is that Marduk is not even remotely NSBM. If you are going to protest and force concerts to be cancelled at least do it at the right concert.
    My thoughts exactly.

Deleted
    I was using an analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

I was making an anslogy. See above.

Oh my god! I just discovered that Wikipedia uses Nazi imagery! Truly they must be Nazis! So are Sabaton! And History books! It's not brain science after all.

Just because someone does a song about something, does not implicitely mean that they support it, just like how when Meatloaf sings he'll do anything for love (except he won't do THAT) it does not mean he will literally do anything for love (except for that). But again, we can construe it as meaning he's willing to join the damn NSDAP and march straight into Russia to create lebensraum if we're rabid enough antifa.

Come on guys.... folks aren't naive enough to believe that writing about a topic is equivalent to practicing / believing in it yourself.

Lol fucking genius.

Well then......