Poll: Did you participate?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hippogryph Micro-Holiday

Just taking a short poll here to gauge participation. These events aren't intended to be much, so take that what it's worth. Also leave your impressions of the event below. On another note, is it a gank fest on PVP servers? Haven't tried it there

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan to. Currently busy trying to get ready for the upcoming FFXIV patch after re-leveling as Ninja (wanted a break from Bard, which I've been maining since Heavensward launch when I joined FFXIV) so my WoW time is a little constrained. Time management and all that jazz. I'll jump in a bit later tonight and check it out though, same as I did for the AQ event.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Micro Holidays are stupid.

I was planning to check it out. But got called into the city with friends. A little sad I missed it.

Event was boring as hell. What is the point? Pleb version of pepe is joke status.

Happy to see events like this! Good job, Blizzard! More focus on micro holidays and less focus on Addict Raiding.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will not participate but I think the game needs more "pointless" events which gives life to the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's world building. It's to make the world feel more alive and less like a game. WOW needs more stuff like this. You don't need to have 10 achievements and huge rewards for every little thing you do in the game. It's like people think the game is a job, and they've forgotten how to relax and have fun.

Seeing mixed reports that zoning into BGs and Arenas wipes the Hippogrpyh buff.

Any truth to this?

Yes and it was quite terrible, really. I very much appreciate micro holidays, but this one in particular was just awful.

At least the Sithilus event had some substance and actual objectives to do and had actual rewards. That was an ok event.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-02-24 at 06:18 AM.

Damn Blizzard and their bonus events! I hate all things fun and wish they wouldn't have made anything at all! Curse the Hippogrphys! I hate optional bonus content!

For real though, cool event, swung by before raid, picked up my pet, got the 5 day bonus, used it then got another to use in like 4 days if that works. Didn't cost me anything and I get a cool dude on my shoulder for a few days. Sweet deal. Cute event, ofc there isn't any substance to it or long term reward, but it makes the world feel more alive. I'm all for em.

7+ Year Old Account
    Players: Blizzard hates fun. They never put anything fun into the game.
    Blizzard: Ok here, have fun little micro holidays. They aren't mandatory, just neat little world building events.
    Players: There aren't any rewards for doing this! It's a waste of time, you suck!

People really need to make up their mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Some of the holidays seem pretty fun, but this one... nah. Maybe if we could keep our little buddy I might have been interested, but meh...

I intended to participate but I forgot. Ah well, maybe next year

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Players: Blizzard hates fun. They never put anything fun into the game.
    Blizzard: Ok here, have fun little micro holidays. They aren't mandatory, just neat little world building events.
    Players: There aren't any rewards for doing this! It's a waste of time, you suck!

People really need to make up their mind.
    There was nothing to make up for me. I said they were a waste of time the minute I saw them. I have roughly 20 people on my friends list and don't know a single person that's bothered with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    There was nothing to make up for me. I said they were a waste of time the minute I saw them. I have roughly 20 people on my friends list and don't know a single person that's bothered with any of them.
    And? If you went there, you could see the area was packed with people. You may not have gone, but a LOT of people did. It's a bonus thing for people who are interested in that, if you aren't, good for you, you aren't the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    And? If you went there, you could see the area was packed with people. You may not have gone, but a LOT of people did. It's a bonus thing for people who are interested in that, if you aren't, good for you, you aren't the target audience.
    And my point was this, just because they add something doesn't mean everyone will consider them fun. So it's not crazy that people would say

" Players: Blizzard hates fun. They never put anything fun into the game.
    Players: There aren't any rewards for doing this! It's a waste of time, you suck! "

it's a pvp warzone but apart from that it's nice. I know a few people who RP and this has given them new reasons to leave their city in groups and do things out doors so yes. I welcome this but I do also understand people think it sucks because there is no reward to show off.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And my point was this, just because they add something doesn't mean everyone will consider them fun. So it's not crazy that people would say

" Players: Blizzard hates fun. They never put anything fun into the game.
    Players: There aren't any rewards for doing this! It's a waste of time, you suck! "
    To be fair they said way in advance that these events were just a side thing and would have no major rewards. I don't see an issue with them. Not that hard to develop and encourages people who do want to do them to get out into the world. I don't care for them personally but hardly taking away from development by adding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this was definitly much smaller and shorter than the AQ event, I liked it. I now have a little buddy with me for a few days who already complaint during a boss fight he is bored. And then stretched his wings, daaaawww. <3<3