Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need Mount farm advice

Hi guys,

I see some of you got the impressive list of mounts. I can only imagine how dedicated you guys must have been.

I also like the mount hunt and I would like to ask you this question:

Is it better to start dedicated mount runs, when you have like 10+ alts or should I start doing them by now with 4 alts.

For me it feels like better time investment, to start running the same dungeon with 10+ alts rather than 4. Am I wrong? But it also means that I have to wait months before I can start doing them with 10.

I REALLY like to hear about your experience(of anything general). Share some insight.

Thanks
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-24 at 01:11 PM.

The sooner You start the better, 4 alts is more then enough, if You wait to get more alts You are losing precious chance for mount to drop seeing that some raids reset every 7days - I farmed with just 2 alts in my time

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm missing very few raid mounts up to MoP: one off Deathwing, Horridon's, and Garrosh's (also missing the world boss mounts because CBA really).
    The key is to farm with just one character. Doing 10 every week will just make you quit very, very soon.
    I just ran every relevant dungeon once a day, and every relevant raid once a week with my main, and eventually I got almost everything. I've stopped now because I can't stand DS anymore though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The key is to farm with just one character. Doing 10 every week will just make you quit very, very soon.
    I just ran every relevant dungeon once a day, and every relevant raid once a week with my main, and eventually I got almost everything. I've stopped now because I can't stand DS anymore though.
    This works for me as well. If I'd farm even one mount with 10+ characters I'd lose my mind.
    Just do everything on your main every week and keep your sanity.
    This however differs between individuals.
    Suffice to say I still don't have mounts such as Invincible and Mim's Head, but just the one character yielded me Midnight, Blazing Drake, Spawn of Horridon and Onyxian Drake in the last few months.
    Much like Pebbleton however, I just can't stand DS any longer. I've literally only done it for 10 weeks, maybe even less, but god it is fucking horrendous.

I've ran about 300 dragon soul runs solo since MoP, still miss both experiment and blazing from there. Had 5-6 Handmaidens drop so far.
    This place really tests my patience..

But as several others stated, try to find fun in actually running old content so you dont end up with a very tedious grind.
    Make it into a challenge to see how far u can push your solo capabilities, and make bagspace for looting and vendoring all drops.
    Play the game to have fun, try get achievements on the bosses aswell, alot of the glory mounts is pretty easy to get.

Im one of those abit more "insane" mount farmers, who do the raids that drops a mount I still need, on every char who can clear up to X mount I still need.

I did Ulduar for mims head on 37 chars (1 main, 36 alts) geared up via the TW events, and later on the Legion Invasion event.

ICC i did on 5 chars, and got it around the 26th run.

Done Vaults 127 times, and still missing Elegon's mount :-/

Horridon dropped around 20th try and the bird of the bird in the same raid instance, dropped first try.

Deleted
    I'm missing very few raid mounts up to MoP: one off Deathwing, Horridon's, and Garrosh's (also missing the world boss mounts because CBA really).
    Good point.

I swear i love doing Alysrazor run, but doing 10x Kael runs with that dialog... OMFG. Even doing ASAP 4 Ravenlord runs takes like 15min.

So, I should just do them now and then? Ok, makes sense

- Have at least two monitors, one for WoW the other for TV shows/movies
    - Try to do raids that are easiest to get to and close to other mount drops. Such as Kara and the ZG panther mount, or Throne of 4 Winds and Dragonsoul+Onyixa
    - Raids from LichKing and onwards can have extended raid lockouts so you don't need to clear the whole instance unless you want Tmogs and gold

Also, don't do every raid available per week. Have a small list of mounts you want and cross them off the list as you get them. Then implement a new raid in your routine. It's a long grind but you will eventually get there. I have all 1% mount drops from raids/5mans except M SoO, I have been doing this since mid/late MoP so roughly 2years.

As someone who has 367 mounts (those include my ally ones) then i would say more alts is better if you have shitty luck BUT dont waste time by not doing your runs.

Do you runs each week no matter how many alts you got and just keep adding to your alts.

I have also found that having more than 1 account works so much cause there is alot of achievements back in MoP that require 2 or 3 players to do them and i found not many people want to go back and try so i have 3 accounts (thanks tokens) that has helped me breeze through glory achieves also its great to test your skills i mean christ that cross the streams achieve in ToT was painful to solo but satisfying when you complete it.

Crossing the streams is actually easier solo.

Having an alt army to help deal with crap drop luck isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's up to you how much you want to farm a certain raid. If you're getting worn out, drop the number. I had rather bad luck with raid mounts while I still had to farm them, for instance, Ji'Kun took me 372 attempts. Although by the time it dropped, I was farming it with 38 toons a week. It's a similar story with Elegon (374 attempts), Blazing Drake and Experiment 12-B (330 and 302 attempts each) along with a few others. I would certainly suggest having and alt army to help you out, but stagger your attempts through the week or only go after a certain number of mounts a week.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

you cant save mythic raid lockouts on alts for farming garrosh for iron juggernaut right, only works on a normal or heroic raid?
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    you cant save mythic raid lockouts on alts for farming garrosh for iron juggernaut right, only works on a normal or heroic raid?
    I believe that is correct.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    Correct.

@OP if you have a lot of raid mounts to farm, I'd suggest pick a few and farm them on a handful of alts, that way you don't burn yourself out so much, then when one drops, add another to the list to farm. I'd use lockouts for them as it saves you oh so much time.

10+ Year Old Account

...Really? I ran my low lvl'd Hunter on a 10H DS and managed to get Lifebinder after I did a solo run of 25H on my Lock and got Blazing. Right now I haven't done any old raids lately since working at least 2 jobs (Night and day) but every week I manage to take what free time I have and go back and farm for an invasion for Draenor Garrisons (On Horde side, I do the Goren invasion since that area "closer" to the base) on my 110 Lock. (jJust got the Shadowhide Pearltusk yesterday!)

10+ Year Old Account
    With raid saves the farm is quite fast. I still farm ToT on multiple character and is closing in on 250 kills per boss. Took me almost 500 for the Blazing Drake, which was my most rerun raid.

Deleted
    doesnt a character import also imports mounts

DS is easily the most annoying of the raids. I have a locjout for Ultraxion and it still sucks. Ultraxion, skyship boss and Spine are all overlong encounters.

Soloing spine is incredibly annoying. Not hard, it's easy enough, but I hate doing it.

Ive soloed spine a couple of times but i just cant bring myself to do it so i can farm the blazing drake.