Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    You literally have people with actual experiences with similar systems saying I'm right, and I literally put my cpu settings to stock to show you that it goes from 9% to 25% usage in such a scenario. Do I need to underclock my 750 to get it to 50% usage in WoW for you to understand?

Come on people, making side comments in a thread is fine, commenting with neither ability nor desire to answer the actual question is not.

EDIT: I'll just quote the question again...
    You literally have one guy, who all he said was it runs "just fine." What is "just fine" to him? Just fine is different to different people. Where is his video proof of what he is claiming as well? I'll believe it when I see it. You literally have multiple other people in this thread saying what I am saying, and one guy who agrees with you with very little facts and a "just fine." That's ok, people tend to agree with people who support what they already think, so listen to him and not the people that are constantly helping people and giving great advice on these forums. That's fine, you don't have to believe us. You'll have the proof soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You literally have one guy, who all he said was it runs "just fine." What is "just fine" to him? Just fine is different to different people. Where is his video proof of what he is claiming as well? I'll believe it when I see it. You literally have multiple other people in this thread saying what I am saying, and one guy who agrees with you with very little facts and a "just fine." That's ok, people tend to agree with people who support what they already think, so listen to him and not the people that are constantly helping people and giving great advice on these forums. That's fine, you don't have to believe us. You'll have the proof soon enough.
    There's a guy with an i7 920 saying 60 everywhere with pretty much maxed settings...

Anyway, since you seem to need it:
    15*133 (1.995GHz): Around 55fps world(Org) with 60fps in empty zones, 45-50fps in Dalaran, WoW sitting at 50% processor usage
    10*133(1.33GHz): Around 50fps world(Org), still 60fps in empty zones. 30-35fps in Dalaran, WoW still at around 50% processor usage; CPU starting to bottleneck.

I really can't be bothered to go down to 5*133, but there's a clear pattern of scaling from 5-20*133, which there's no reason to doubt would continue up to 19*200 which I usually run.

Seriously, it's a 750 at 4GHz, not an i3 4130 or whatever you seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    There's a guy with an i7 920 saying 60 everywhere with pretty much maxed settings...

Anyway, since you seem to need it:
    15*133 (1.995GHz): Around 55fps world(Org) with 60fps in empty zones, 45-50fps in Dalaran, WoW sitting at 50% processor usage
    10*133(1.33GHz): Around 50fps world(Org), still 60fps in empty zones. 30-35fps in Dalaran, WoW still at around 50% processor usage; CPU starting to bottleneck.

I really can't be bothered to go down to 5*133, but there's a clear pattern of scaling from 5-20*133, which there's no reason to doubt would continue up to 19*200 which I usually run.

Seriously, it's a 750 at 4GHz, not an i3 4130 or whatever you seem to think it is.
    Funny thing, a more current i3 would actually run better because what matters to WoW is IPC and the newer the CPU the better the IPC. Even a current Pentium would run WoW better than that old thing. Anything older than a 2500k is going to have the same issues. Keep in mind, Windows does not report CPU usage very well. There's not really anything that does. Don't take my word for it though, that's fine. You don't want to believe me, so just buy a GPU and see for yourself. Go for it. There's not really much of a difference between the brands, just buy whichever and it will be just as good as any of the others. The MSI you were looking at is a decent brand. Go for it. Please come back and report the difference.

Deleted
    i replaced my i5 750 last year before legion came out because my system overall wasn't dealing with wow to well anymore. (and started to fall below min specs for various other games). don't think i OCed it though, had a hd5850 i think along with it.

keep in mind that if you are on a 750 you are likely also still on things like sata2, so it's not just your cpu you'd upgrade but a bunch of other minor things too that im sure add up.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-02-24 at 08:54 PM.

I have i5 4670k at 4.2ghz and GTX 760 and get massive FPS problems in Nighthold.
    WoW can be pretty demanding areas.