Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I better not mention so how often you fought Onyxia or Nefarian but i digress,
    Again, you can't help yourself but trash talk WoW. This is the Rift forum, as I hope you're aware, despite this being a WoW fansite. Let's keep discussion on Rift, shall we?

Also, spoilers - people did complain that they (specifically Ony) were re-used frequently.

i do like the rift lore it's one of the strong points about the game not that i'm defending the game but it's just one positive about the game good lore and memorable characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, you can't help yourself but trash talk WoW. This is the Rift forum, as I hope you're aware, despite this being a WoW fansite.
    No this is a sub section of a 99.9999% WoW site, as i hope you're aware, i merely point this out all the time so people can understand the responses to expect if you happen to play any MMO that's not WoW.

All you need to do is look at the other sub Forums and Megathreads for other games to see how drive by posters/shit posting are allowed to run rampant with no fear of infraction. Here's another comparison, some "concerned" posters here are crying about lack of content just 4 months into an Expansion, memories must be short as not once, but twice did WoW have 14 months of a content drought but hey, that's fine, it been a WoW site and all that.

Alright, mod hat on. If you want to discuss or complain about WoW, there are plenty of other forums to do that here. But this is the Rift forum, so let's keep discussion on the correct game. Thanks.

No this is a sub section of a 99.9999% WoW site, as i hope you're aware, i merely point this out all the time so people can understand the responses to expect if you happen to play any MMO that's not WoW.

All you need to do is look at the other sub Forums and Megathreads for other games to see how drive by posters/shit posting are allowed to run rampant with no fear of infraction. Here's another comparison, some "concerned" posters here are crying about lack of content just 4 months into an Expansion, memories must be short as not once, but twice did WoW have 14 months of a content drought but hey, that's fine, it been a WoW site and all that.
    Ok and what does that have to do with the state of Rift or peoples critique of it? Fact is Rift is in a mess right now. There has been an exodus of players, content is continually lacking both quality and polish and there is not even a proper raid in the game yet and the only proper one is going to be an LFR raid. The first tier one will be an upscaled raid. If all your arguments here is to attack WoW to make Rift look better than you don't really have any arguments. Also brushing off criticism like the forums do really does not help the game in any way.

Lack of content isn't just the major issue in Rift right now. It's the quality and polish that goes into it. Most of the content since launch has had to be disabled for periods of time. How is that quality? It means it was never fully tested. Best part is when the devs tried to blame the players for lack of testing. Seems they have never heard of something called an internal testing team. That or the internal team just doesn't care.

There's a difference between comparison and attacking another game to make one look better. Brasse might be ok with you doing it but the mod here isn't an imbecile. Also no you really don't point anything out. You attack one game to make the other appear better which in turn damages Rift.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-27 at 12:48 PM.

While i do love the Storm Legion Art style man Crucia again? eesh.

All you need to do is look at the other sub Forums and Megathreads for other games to see how drive by posters/shit posting are allowed to run rampant with no fear of infraction.
    The only place I see frequent shitposting is Gen OT, and I avoid it for that reason. For the other gaming sub sections that kind of thing is very rare. It's almost completely unseen in other areas and is generally dealt with quickly when it happens. We do get the occasional spam bot through, but that's really about the worst of it. There are a lot of things you could rightly criticise MMOC for but poor moderation isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok and what does that have to do with the state of Rift or peoples critique of it?
    Nothing at all. Rifts problem right now is that it's not really got much positive going for it, which leaves the old stand-by of pointing out that WoW is, in some vauge undefined sort of way, "worse" as the only argument in Rifts favour.

Getting Rift to look good based on it's own merits alone is something that Trion have always struggled with. It's more or less a typical "Like WoW but..." MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The only place I see frequent shitposting is Gen OT, and I avoid it for that reason. For the other gaming sub sections that kind of thing is very rare. It's almost completely unseen in other areas and is generally dealt with quickly when it happens. We do get the occasional spam bot through, but that's really about the worst of it. There are a lot of things you could rightly criticise MMOC for but poor moderation isn't one of them.

Nothing at all. Rifts problem right now is that it's not really got much positive going for it, which leaves the old stand-by of pointing out that WoW is, in some vauge undefined sort of way, "worse" as the only argument in Rifts favour.

Getting Rift to look good based on it's own merits alone is something that Trion have always struggled with. It's more or less a typical "Like WoW but..." MMORPG.
    Tbh like I said. As a PvE player what have I got to log into Rift for? 4 easy dungeons where 2 are just upscales, instanced Rifts with crap rewards and dailies. So much content.

lack of content just 4 months into an Expansion, memories must be short as not once, but twice did WoW have 14 months of a content drought
    Your memory must be off because those were at the END of expansions, not the beginning. If you are going to do a comparison, how about compare the launch content and the gap between it and the first major patch (an X.1) plus the patch's content to the launch of content and such with Starfall Prophecy. Your "comparison" is not related in the slightest.

I'd provide the comparison (let's say Starfall vs Cataclysm, as they are both the 3rd expansions for both games), but I'd rather not risk the infraction for possible "Game vs Game" or derailing the topic. Cataclysm isn't the best example, but it is the closest to a correct comparison to Starfall Prophecy.

For a "Community Amabassador", you are a terrible example, and every post you make just drives me further from ever wanting to play this once amazing game. Like so many people beg Blizzard to do, I wish there was a classic Rift server. But Blizzard has a higher possibility of doing it than Trion, though I am sure Trion (in it's current form) would somehow fuck that up like they have done the live retail game.

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    Obviously the temp-ban didn't teach you much, not that I'm surprised.
    Of course it didn't. He PM'd a super mod and got it undone. Of course he didn't learn anything from it because he got it undone, he even openly admitted it:

Rift 10-mans are almost always just four bosses, Rise of the Phoenix, Drowned Halls, Gilded Prophecy, Grim Awakening etc, all had four bosses.

This was already addressed by the Devs, your Ranged DPS is based now on the stats of any weapon so if you have BiS daggers they boost your ranged DPS, dual wielding Warriors might have issues, saw nothing about Warrior 1H yet.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5285848

Right, i seem to be all caught up, had a few days off due to a "clerical error" but a PM to one of the big blues got me sorted (thanks Darsithis)

Now onto Rift business, the second boss in Tartaric Depths is open for testing, it's the spider one that was datamined a few weeks back, you can now enter Tartaric Depths through a portal in Alittu just to the left of the stairs up to the second floor.

Went for a snoop and took some screenies, note not all art is fleshed out and finished yet. went as far as the first boss, you can use teleports at the entrance to port to both bosses but like i said, the art isn't finished around boss number two yet.

So, not only did he get it undone because he thinks he's some sort of special snowflake, and apparently Trion treats him that way and probably pulled strings for him, he then went and talked about that moderation in the public forums, which is against the forums rules, and nothing happened because of it. I'm sorry, but if you get a ban undone by higher ups, you shouldn't be bragging about it. That's just bad form.

- - - Updated - - -

But were those drought right after tha launch of an expansion that promised to have a bunch of stuff? No, they were at the end of an expansion while they were working on the new one. If Rift had done this, and not pushed the unfinished expansion out and instead waited a year then pushed out a complete and polished expansion, with the patches already mostly ready to go so they came out on time, there would not be as much complaint. You can not even begin to compare what WoW did in their groughts to what is happening in Rift because people already bought and paid for this expansion and have nothing to show for it. The only people who bought and paid for the WoW expansions during the drought were people who knew they were pre-ordering. Basically, that is what Trion has done, told everyone they were getting an expansion, released it, sold it, launched it, then we all found it it was just a pre-order, with no real release date. Then they PROMISE a release date, and fail to deliver and push it back another month. THEY'VE ALREADY TAKEN PEOPLES MONEY FOR THIS AND GIVEN THEM NOTHING FOR THAT MONEY. How can you continue to defend that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Of course it didn't. He PM'd a super mod and got it undone. Of course he didn't learn anything from it because he got it undone, he even openly admitted it:

So, not only did he get it undone because he thinks he's some sort of special snowflake, and apparently Trion treats him that way and probably pulled strings for him, he then went and talked about that moderation in the public forums, which is against the forums rules, and nothing happened because of it. I'm sorry, but if you get a ban undone by higher ups, you shouldn't be bragging about it. That's just bad form.

- - - Updated - - -

But were those drought right after tha launch of an expansion that promised to have a bunch of stuff? No, they were at the end of an expansion while they were working on the new one. If Rift had done this, and not pushed the unfinished expansion out and instead waited a year then pushed out a complete and polished expansion, with the patches already mostly ready to go so they came out on time, there would not be as much complaint. You can not even begin to compare what WoW did in their groughts to what is happening in Rift because people already bought and paid for this expansion and have nothing to show for it. The only people who bought and paid for the WoW expansions during the drought were people who knew they were pre-ordering. Basically, that is what Trion has done, told everyone they were getting an expansion, released it, sold it, launched it, then we all found it it was just a pre-order, with no real release date. Then they PROMISE a release date, and fail to deliver and push it back another month. THEY'VE ALREADY TAKEN PEOPLES MONEY FOR THIS AND GIVEN THEM NOTHING FOR THAT MONEY. How can you continue to defend that?
    I have seen more content & better communication from Early Access indie games that are in Alpha, He is prbly paid to defend it. I wouldn't even be surprised if he doesn't even have to pay for patron or anything in the game in general. I wouldn't even be surprised if that is the agreement. Mindlessly defend the game & get free stuff or works for Trion & gets free stuff regardless.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2017-02-27 at 11:11 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

At this point i think a paid marketer would not be this invested actually

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    At this point i think a paid marketer would not be this invested actually
    people are loyal to their games sometimes beyond reason :P

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And before I get accused of being some WoW fanboy or something, I'm currently playing 3 MMOs, I've already stated I play Rift (though not for much longer) and the other 2 don't even include WoW
    I would also like to clarify I am currently not subscribed to WoW either, despite coming to its rescue.

I couldn't help myself correcting Slipmat, I'm done with the amount of reaching that is happening because he simply has nothing nice to say if it's not about Rift.

And if the rumours are true, if Trion are paying him or at least rewarding him in some way to promote this joke or be their "ambassador", they need to look in to recruiting somebody else. Because so far he has done nothing but leave a sour taste on these forums. It absolutely rubs me up the wrong way with how smug he is in his posts, there's absolutely no need for it.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2017-02-28 at 08:30 PM.