Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    If I wanted an honest opinion of the state of the game I certainly as hell wouldn't ask the majority-salty mmo champ members.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    extreme Alt unfriendly
    extreme unfriendly to play different Specs
    extreme Grind to 54 Traits which you simply need
    extreme repetitive

Legion is just a big fucking Diablo like MMO.

RNG is King

If you have the urge just play...you'll either just not enjoy it or be logging on everyday working on catching up which is legion is a lucrative gearing system to push to a decent level quickly via early on world quests ~ 845 then M+ up to a base of 885.

Getting 2 legendaries is relatively quick and obviously some are better than others but the stats on a 940 alone provide a solid boost, you can buy up to Artifact knowledge 15 off the bat in your class hall to work on your artifact.

Rerolled myself from scratch 6weeks ago and joined a M guild again and loving it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    If it's "in one month I got to ak 25", then I don't believe you because math.
    If its "I hit ak 25 previously came back and it took a month to get 98% of the base 35 traits", I don't believe you either because I had an unplayed alt hit 25 and was curious how fast it would be. 2 and a half hours, a big, dg, all emissaries and ap wqs, 2 traits from 35.
    So you don't pay attention or you play 1 hour every 2 weeks. Lemme know, curious.
    Oh yes, you are right. I had another max level character. I stopped playing and leveled one new character on another server.
    Does that mean AK catchup mechanic was in place for me (because i already had one max level character). I don't know, i'm a noob in Artifact Knowledge.

What i mean is that i completed all the free yellow quests to trade Order Resources for AK. Then i stopped.

Somehow only playing the game for a Month i have almost all Traits. I think i only have 3 left. Maybe 4.

Im pretty sure only one Month has passed since i have this fresh new character on another server.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Oh yes, you are right. I had another max level character. I stopped playing and leveled one new character on another server.
    Does that mean AK catchup mechanic was in place for me (because i already had one max level character). I don't know, i'm a noob in Artifact Knowledge.

What i mean is that i completed all the free yellow quests to trade Order Resources for AK. Then i stopped.
    I think the other guy was getting at the fact you can buy AK 20 for 1k resources as BoA item if you have an old character already at 25, which expedites the process by quite a bit. Alternatively you can buy the ranks one at a time on the alt (which i think requires a high AK main anyway?), but the above method requires much less resource grinding.

If the OP did stop after a few weeks then they likely aren't past AK 5 on any characters and it will take them quite awhile still to get knowledge to a point where it actually feels rewarding. Ilvl is less of an issue with 2.5 raids (W/ 3 separate loot lockouts each), 8 LFR wings, and M+ below +10 being faceroll. You could probably get a full clear of heroic NH without people really noticing that you aren't completely maxed on traits. Joining a mythic guild is a different story though, as they will likely check your character stats and see that you aren't maxed out, something that can take quite awhile.

Depending on the amount of time you are willing to dedicate to the game, you could get fully caught up on artifact and ilvl during the current tier. You would likely be fine getting to a competitive point by 7.2 but you would probably have to do some of the things (WQs, dungeon spam, etc.) that it seems like you quit because of.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2017-02-27 at 03:11 AM.

Somehow only playing the game for a Month i have almost all Traits. I think i only have 3 left. Maybe 4.

Im pretty sure only one Month has passed since i have this fresh new character on another server.
    There's a couple of catch up mechanics in place.
    - If it's your main toon you can buy upto AK 15 with the books in your class hall.
    - The time needed to complete the research is reduced by 50% from the 5 days it was originally.
    - If you have a main at AK25 you can just buy AK20 for the other toon.

Also all your order hall research is reduced by 50%, so to equip a second legendary is only 1weeks research now were as it was 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Alternatively you can buy the ranks one at a time on the alt (which i think requires a high AK main anyway?), but the above method requires much less resource grinding.
    Nope, you can buy these ranks up to 15 on a toon fresh to Legion.
    Only the AK 20 book is influenced by your main.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got AK 20 on a just dinged 110 alt, which is amazing, got to like 25 traits within a day and I didn't do all of the AP WQs, also the class hall 840 belt is pretty much available right away at 100k AP required which isnt much even at 9000%.

Took a few WQs and Battleground wins to get to 810+.

As for coming back, all depends on your goals, if it's high end raiding/high mythic+ I advise not to focus on alts as you need your time for other things.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-27 at 03:13 AM.

dont. legion is the expansion of developer lies.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    I quit in early october when I had 2 months of game time left. The exodus of players has been MASSIVE since launch. Good try though.
    You must be retarded or high on crack.. What exodus of players ? Good thing you quit I guess , game got better. Now all you have to do is quit the forums too.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Also all your order hall research is reduced by 50%, so to equip a second legendary is only 1weeks research now were as it was 2 weeks.
    The OR costs aren't reduced, I find it extremely tight to keep "on curve" with the research due to high OR costs. You also need OR for AK work orders and for missions to develop your champions (not even mentioning half the classes don't have work orders for champion armaments and rely on sending tons of missions to get the armaments). You could, theoretically, not bother with mission table, but then you're missing all the lucrative stuff like raid cache / extra bonus roll coins, 1500 gold missions, extra AP and even rare toys and pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    There's a couple of catch up mechanics in place.
    - If it's your main toon you can buy upto AK 15 with the books in your class hall.
    - The time needed to complete the research is reduced by 50% from the 5 days it was originally.
    - If you have a main at AK25 you can just buy AK20 for the other toon.

That's what i did. Thanks for the info.

I didn't had a AK25 character on any of my toons so i just leveled up to AK 15 and was able in 1 Month to get 95% of Artifact Weapon Traits.
    I'm pretty sure that's how it went on my fresh character.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The OR costs aren't reduced, I find it extremely tight to keep "on curve" with the research due to high OR costs. You also need OR for AK work orders and for missions to develop your champions (not even mentioning half the classes don't have work orders for champion armaments and rely on sending tons of missions to get the armaments). You could, theoretically, not bother with mission table, but then you're missing all the lucrative stuff like raid cache / extra bonus roll coins, 1500 gold missions, extra AP and even rare toys and pets.
    When your just starting out yeah, the OR WQs are definitely more attractive than they are in the future. I tended to just burn my bloods on resources in Dal as you'll use a lot early on however once your class hall research is done it does done to you accumulating more than you're spending very quickly.

I personally I just went for the class quest to unlock my third relic slot and ignored by table for a bit until after doing the research then worried about leveling my followers and getting them to 850ilvl. Yeah my druid didn't have the work orders however I found the item upgrade quests very common enough that it only took 1 - 2 weeks to finish all my 5 followers.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what i did. Thanks for the info.

I didn't had a AK25 character on any of my toons so i just leveled up to AK 15 and was able in 1 Month to get 95% of Artifact Weapon Traits.
    I'm pretty sure that's how it went on my fresh character.
    Nice, yeah I rerolled so was able to get the AK20.

It's taken me 6weeks to get this toon from AK20 to AK25 and now 53traits >.>
    really doesn't take to long especially with how lucrative Suramar is for AP at AK25.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Don't come back. The lead designer just insulted a wide swath of mythic guild/raid leaders for playing by the idiotic rules his team is responsible for. The dev team is off the rails, COMPLETELY out of touch, and arrogant and egotistical on top of it.

The game is the biggest grindfest it has ever been, classes have been gutted and most rotations consist of 3-4 spells or abilities, and the raids and dungeons while good are certainly not worth the hassle of putting up with all the extremely poor design decisions that have been made.

Sorry if you wanted to hear something different but we live in a time when frankly there are just MUCH better games out there that are more worth your time.
    Why do people post such idiocy as this?

If you want to play then play.. if you dont then dont. No one should have to convince you to play a video game lol. Id suggest no though seems you have the same mentality that the try hards grind ap and legendary players have. If you havent played legion you shouldnt feel like you have to rush or grind through the game to Nighthold when there are two raids youve never seen before

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I loved the pre-launch event, enjoyed getting the artifacts and leveling a character to 110, and even doing the Suramar quests, but after that...? I guess I've finally run out of steam. I've played Warcraft since childhood, and started Vanilla WoW in High School. I still love Warcraft, but I'm barely playing at the moment.

Just a personal anecdote. Not a reason for or against, I suppose.

All these people telling him not to play but post on a forum dedicated to World of Warcraft... tsundere much? The game is still fun and lots of things to do. Albeit some flawed design choices like RNG legendaries the game is still a fun game to play with friends and guildies.

whether you like it or not it's the best thing going today....wooo

Ahhhh ok I got ya. I re-read my post, sorry I wrote that like a prick, didn't mean to, food poisoning makes me cranky of forums I guess.