Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    If thats the game I Think it is...... That's pretty covered up....

I believe its blade and soul, and you should see the character creation screen
    no thats tera... the person plays tera and FF14, and made a post abit back complaining that in those games they can wear a maid uniform, and that their wow charecter cant, then linked a picture of a underaged girl with cat ears in a maid uniform from tera, and another of their ff14 char in a maid uniform

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Soooo.... you want everyone to have these mounts. Cause I mean... once the gear factor is out of the window what's going to make the questlines difficult? Skills? In wow?

There's 2 ways of making a questline difficult if youre not considering gear. RNG and grind.
    I provided two examples off the top of my head: green fire questline for warlocks and Firelands caster legendary questline before overgearing it. Yes, it is possible to create skill-based solo content in WoW?

The problem is very few people could manage those before outgearing it. And scrubs started whining for not getting the stuff they thought they were "entitled" to. And that is the reason all exclusivity is based on RNG nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no thats tera... the person plays tera and FF14, and made a post abit back complaining that in those games they can wear a maid uniform, and that their wow charecter cant, then linked a picture of a underaged girl with cat ears in a maid uniform from tera, and another of their ff14 char in a maid uniform
    Ah okay, ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    That´s not the same now, is it? Mythic raiding is both RNG- and skill-based, similarly to how the new mounts will not just be RNG-based, but also will require persistent grinding. Also you gotta be kidding me with those upcoming class mounts requiring any skill. They are meant for most of the WoW-playerbase to be obtained.

There are very few activities in the game not saturated with RNG and the game would benefit from them a lot (look at Firelands legendary quest chain back when you didnt outgear it, warlock green fire quest chain, etc) Pro players of each spec would claim their legendaries first and help the scrubs in due time to get theirs, or Blizzard could create systems that would help players get better at their own spec. But that´s asking for a lot, look at current Mythic after 3/10 - no gradual step-up in difficulty and teaching players to get better, rather an abrupt jump into all those cockblocks for 2000 guilds..

Thing is, RNG-based exclusivity seems to be the new meta and when I just walked home from the store I thought to myself: should I even reply or is this a lost cause as it is doubtful the game will change based on my rant. Would be great to hear from those that do share my point of view but any kind of bashing is also welcome. Rip my arguments apart! And while you´re at it, rip apart also the following statements: skill-based exclusivity like mythic raiding is infested with RNG more than ever before in the form of TF, legendaries, gems; the game seems to be increasingly drifting towards having a chance at a reward and not guaranteed rewards.

P.
    I understand your point. In older tiers of raiding whether mythic or far back as heroic, RNG factor had a place persistent in "harder" fights, Ragnaros is a good example of an RNG system that can REALLY screw you or love you, but I do have to agree it's starting to become a little saturating. However, the idea of great players being rewarded well... It's great that you know that the 'better' players get rewards but I think the ethos is now in terms of things like loot looks (tier's usually get a minor change), ilvl, nice green text saying Mythic on the loot, having titles before others, achievements like Ahead of the Curve, bragging rights on those achievements according to dates, mounts that are 100% droprate on that setting.... There's quite a bit of vanity tied to it already, all subtle in a way but there is actually a lot. By the time others get it, the majority will probably wait for the Legion expansion to pass along with the so-called special snowflake factor. Which is pretty much what you were saying, it is around as much then just in different forms.

I do say that aside it all their answer to almost everything is RNG now for sure. It seems Blizzard are becoming victims of their own game design and intuitive by using RNG to give some form of middle ground across the board and mask it with a bit of vanity to help misdirect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not about being guaranteed a mount. It's about getting 42k rep to start with (exalted) then another 20k multiple times and not being able to purchase it outright. Secondly there is nothing wrong with fail safes of some sort.

Wanting it to be a guaranteed mount is saying either A) After 20k initial rep you get mount first try no matter what or B) Hitting exalted and say mail me the mount. You are still putting in the work with my example and if it was 10 tokens (1 per chest you didn't get a mount) that's still an additional 200k rep you would have to get. Which is the equivalent of going from Neutral to exalted 4.75 times, in addition to the original first time to activate it.
    To add to this, not every mount should be super rare. I haven't seen anyone complaining about the mounts from, say, Gul'dan, even if both are very rare. One is a very low % drop from normal+, the other is Mythic-only. That's OK to me.

What's less OK is making rep mounts, which have traditionally been rather easily obtained in most cases, such a pain in the ass to get all of a sudden. You don't just need to grind to Exalted, oh no (which for a new player still takes about 1.5/2 months). Now you grind 20k past Exalted, to have a chance at a mount. It's fucking stupid. Make us grind for it, or make it RNG, doing both simply sucks.

No one is saying Blizzard should just mail every mount to everyone in the game. But there comes a point where grinding gets old, randomness gets old, and a mixture of both gets old even faster. Granting the mounts to everyone who grinds 60k rep is not going to break the game. Not every mount needs to be rare.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-03-01 at 04:11 PM.

yaaaay, more world quests! again... and again.... and again... and again.

It's like Timewalking all over again...

Players: "We need new content!"
    Blizzard: "How about this neat new reward!
    Players: "YAY"
    Blizzard: "You get it from playing all the old content again and again."
    Players: "DAMMIT BLIZ"
    Blizzard: "get grinding, scrubs!"

At least we hadn't been in the TW dungeons for a while (and it breaks up monotony from current dungeons), a lot of players have already been running through all this same crap for months now. It feels like everything is just a continual never-ending rng grind in this expansion. Couldn't they have gated this behind Exalted + 1-200wq of that faction, or something similar?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    LOVE rng.

finally got my spriest's hidden artifact after at least 1 kill per week since I was able to do Il'gynoth.

Now it's time to do the 100 dungeons, 200 WQ and 1k player kills....that I've already done during the time I've waited for this freaking drop...
    Why, didn't you felt DEEP, OVERWHELMING FUN farming that shit every week in all the difficulties, while hunters bought theirs from vendor and shamans got theirs as a 100% drop from world boss? Quoting and rephrasing some blizzdrone from this thread: "ITS JUST A SKIN ITS NOT A GEAR ITS NOT REQUIRED FOR ENDGAME SO STFU AND DEAL WITH IT LOSER". Go go hamsters, grind ur wheel, daddy Kotick needs new yacht and fresh bitches, ya know.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Not defending devs (God no!), but how are they irrational here?

They are very rational.

More RNG creates (some) rage, but majority of players get a new incentive to stay in the game.

BOOM SHAKALAKA, goal reached, Ion & Co get a well deserved annual bonus.
    Yeah it's rational for them to keep profit up. Rational to their playerbase who can and will spend hours/days/week spamming wqs to the point they'll leave anyway and maybe not return?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why, didn't you felt DEEP, OVERWHELMING FUN farming that shit every week in all the difficulties, while hunters bought theirs from vendor and shamans got theirs as a 100% drop from world boss? Quoting and rephrasing some blizzdrone from this thread: "ITS JUST A SKIN ITS NOT A GEAR ITS NOT REQUIRED FOR ENDGAME SO STFU AND DEAL WITH IT LOSER". Go go hamsters, grind ur wheel, daddy Kotick needs new yacht and fresh bitches, ya know.
    Whenever I witness nerd subhumans like you rage so hilariously hard over something so ridiculous I'm reminded that yeah... wow is still full of nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    More like 5% for first one, 2.5% for second and 1% for others. just like legendaries now
    but dont worry, you have bad luck protection

- - - Updated - - -

Mixing RNG and grinding together is quite a big deal, admit it
    You mean like every low percentage odds mount that the game has had since release ?
    The grind is created by players who want to hit something at the highest frequency possible.
    The problem is you in that.

And presenting your entire argument as "admit it" isn't helping.
    That isn't an argument, only a claim you can't be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Seriously? A random chance per 20,000 Rep? That better be a placeholder.

For such a low droprate I would expect them to look a bit better. They're literally just like random quest mobs :/ The storm drake is pretty cool just hope there's another way to get one besides RNG, I still don't have the fox yet.

And this means of course I can only grind rep on my main, again, thanks for making Legion so alt-friendly!
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Why,

Why do the devs insist on being irrational imbeciles who continue to build on the problems they created.

Why won't they just admit RNG to this extend is just an awful idea and stop this parade of idiocy instead of constantly adding more RNG on top of RNG.
    They are adding grinds everywhere because they want to keep you subbed for as long as possible, but they are incapable of doing that by doing enough interesting gameplay.

That's all there is to it.

They are inept, but they want your money, so they are creating a shiny reward and are putting it behind a huge grind hoping that you will endure it because you want the reward. Or they are putting a huge grind between you and a tiny piece of content which you actually want to do, to the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They are adding grinds everywhere because they want to keep you subbed for as long as possible, but they are incapable of doing that by doing enough interesting gameplay.

That's all there is to it.

They are inept, but they want your money, so they are creating a shiny reward and are putting it behind a huge grind hoping that you will endure it because you want the reward. Or they are putting a huge grind between you and a tiny piece of content which you actually want to do, to the same effect.
    I mean. If you're staying subbed to a game you obviously hate just because you need some shiny mounts... Whos really inept?

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    I mean. If you're staying subbed to a game you obviously hate just because you need some shiny mounts... Whos really inept?
    The inept devs are exploiting the addicted players. Not sure what's so hard to understand. (Yes, having an addiction is bad. But the devs are still inept.)

Deleted
    The inept devs are exploiting the addicted players. Not sure what's so hard to understand. (Yes, having an addiction is bad. But the devs are still inept.)
    Ah be quiet. "Blizzard is exploiting the addicted". That's ridiculous. Addicted are addicted they'll play anyway. Blaming Blizz for a problem YOU have is not recognising YOUR problem.
    If you're addicted to playing a game, you know, let's not fool ourselves, you're failing as a human being and it's ALL your fault

Ah be quiet. "Blizzard is exploiting the addicted". That's ridiculous. Addicted are addicted they'll play anyway. Blaming Blizz for a problem YOU have is not recognising YOUR problem.
    If you're addicted to playing a game, you know, let's not fool ourselves, you're failing as a human being and it's ALL your fault
    You are missing the role of the devs who seed and cultivate the addiction.

- - - Updated - - -

To be perfectly clear: it is fine to make grindy games and put whatever rewards you want behind whatever walls you want. It is just sad when that's 90% of what you are doing as a dev. It shows that all you are good for are cheap tricks like that, which try to trick the player into staying not because he is having a good time but rather because he doesn't want to "lose" the time he already spent on the game, etc.

Deleted
    You are missing the role of the devs who seed and cultivate the addiction.

- - - Updated - - -

To be perfectly clear: it is fine to make grindy games and put whatever rewards you want behind whatever walls you want. It is just sad when that's 90% of what you are doing as a dev. It shows that all you are good for are cheap tricks like that, which try to trick the player into staying not because he is having a good time but rather because he doesn't want to "lose" the time he already spent on the game, etc.
    Do you like... read your posts? Are you saying blizzard is involved in an evil scheme to create grindy material in order to *evil laugh* grab money from poor helpless wow addict.
    Do you what that means from someone sitting outside your head?
    Paranoid horseshit. That's what THAT looks like.
    People stay when they have a good time. If they don't they leave. Don't project brother. If you have personal issues and can't take a break from wow, blaming "evil blizz" really doesn't help.

Apart from the legendary rng system, everything else is pretty much the same. The clowns that complain about warforged titanforged whatever, are the ones that cannot control themselves so they keep on running a m+ abusing a system that was not created to be farmed. Mounts have been grindier (?) In the past way WAAAY more grindy. You know... the game is exactly the same it was, only with better content. There's no rush, play it at your own pace. But if you can't control yourself and all of a sudden you GRIND for Leggos, you GRIND for tf, you GRIND for that mount (1 emissary a day 10 minutes how THE FUCK IS that a grind), well son... that's YOUR own fucking problem, don't blame blizzard.
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-03-02 at 08:20 AM.

Do you like... read your posts? Are you saying blizzard is involved in an evil scheme to create grindy material in order to *evil laugh* grab money from poor helpless wow addict.
    Do you what that means from someone sitting outside your head?
    Paranoid horseshit. That's what THAT looks like.
    Yes, I read my posts.

I get that you didn't think about the subject enough and so you have to exaggerate everything to try and make it look grotesque because that's just what you do by default when some point of view offends you, but if you stop doing that for a second, you will see that - yes, indeed, they are creating grinds because they have a per-month payment model and they can't / won't keep people without grinds. Yes, this is really the case. Now, feel free to use words like "evil" and use caps all over and do other BS.

As I said, it is fine to make grindy games and put whatever rewards you want behind whatever walls you want. It is just sad when that's 90% of what you are doing as a dev. It shows that all you are good for are cheap tricks like that, which try to trick the player into staying not because he is having a good time but rather because he doesn't want to "lose" the time he already spent on the game, etc.

Apparently I have to repeat that because it looks like you didn't read it the first time even though you quoted that text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    There is no need for the mounts, they do not provide any benefit to you as a player if you get them. Nothing wrong with RNG here, complaining about literally everything needs to stop.
    Considering one of the WoD complaints were that rep factions offered no rewards and were to grindy and Blizzard wanted to fix this in Legion, adding a "feature" like this is like 180° in the opposite direction.