Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Enhance Stat Weight Help

Hey guys, I need a little help determining my stat weights for my enhancement spec. I just switched to Shaman in Legion so I'm still a little shaky on what to prioritize stat wise. I've been looking through Warcraft logs and I believe that I need a lot more mastery and need to tone down my haste, but I'm not sure. If anyone could give me some good feedback or stat weights, that would be much appreciated. I'm also currently basing my current weights on the default Pawn / Noxxic Strings, so I could be going in a totally wrong direction Send help. Thanks!

Just created account, so here's my name: Darble - Alterac Mountains

We can't tell you the correct answers. Pawn defaults tell you what we can tell you also that mastery and haste are best secondary stats. Values change depending the amounts you have so to know you need to sim your character. Download simulationcraft and look a guide from youtube how to use it and you can get up to date pawn strings.

raidbots.com makes computing stat weights for your current gear trivially easy. If you're intimidated by the SimulationCraft app use raidbots.com which just runs simcraft in the cloud

Basic version:
    Mastery & Haste > Vers/Crit
    Mastery boosts a lot of your damage, gives Maelstrom through WF procs as well as extra Stormbringer procs.
    Haste similarly boosts your total rotation and gets you more value out of Flametongue and Stormlash.
    Vers/Crit only serve as a flat damage boost.

Detailed version:
    Sim it. Come back with specific questions if unsure.

I'm also not a fan of Noxxic in particular, as they have a history of having outdated or simply bad advice on their guides.

So when i sim it tells me haste > mastery , i equip upgrades in my inventory and then sim again and it becomes mastery > haste .... contradictory so im not sure what weights to go with
    “Everything has been figured out, except how to live.”

Do you equip all upgrades at once? Because you shouldn't.
    Everytime you change a piece of gear, your stat weights will shift slightly. If you get more Mastery, it'll drop and the rest goes up.
    So start with swapping 1-2 pieces, then sim and re-evaluate and so on.
    As a good starting point, pick gear with Haste = Mastery and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by orga View Post
    So when i sim it tells me haste > mastery , i equip upgrades in my inventory and then sim again and it becomes mastery > haste .... contradictory so im not sure what weights to go with
    In your case haste and mastery sound like they are very close so it might not take much of a change (even just a gem here or an enchant there) to push one over the other.

Generally you sim... make one change.. sim....make one more change...sim...repeat.

raidbots.com and the simc add-on (to avoid logging out after each change) makes this process pretty painless