Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't want to sound disrespectful but how can people not be able to have 13 eu for a game card per month? I reckon most players must be working and 13 eu is basically minimum wage in my country and not a high salary in most places in Europe. I guess most people who work make at least 13 eu per hour. It's one hour of work for a token, can't you spare that?

And for kids, you either get some allowance from your parents or money from school (many countries pay you to study in Europe) or money from somewhere. If you are not working and get 0 money from your parents or other sources, you might have bigger problems than being able to pay the month subscription :O

I mean if you value time/energy, you have to make 170k gold in less than an hour to make it worth it. I don't think that many people do that.
    It takes me no time to earn the money I need, but why spend money when you can do it for free by playing the game? This isn't as much about the "I can't afford", its more about "I don't feel like giving Blizzard more money".
    So I was merely curious about how people earn their monthly "fee" to play.

Some good tips here, thanks for that! But I guess you guys are right, earning 170k doing as little as possible might be hard. Earning some by simply having the Engi shoulder enchants + enchanting while I do my weekly stuff (raiding/m+/wqs), but it's not enough to cover it.

Have done some AH flipping, but it's not as lucrative as I hoped it would be, the cloaks was great early NH, earned some easy gold there, but it have died off, and people are undercutting as crazy trying to get rid of the overflow of cloaks there is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Depends entirely on where you live, there are places like Bulgaria where the minimum wage reached an all time high in the past months and is sitting at €235 per month, that's around €1.35 per hour.
    All of eastern Europe have less than €1000 AVERAGE, and a lot of those countries has less than €500 per month, only western Europe has €2000+ averages with the exception of Portugal which is under €1000 and Spain around €1500.
    Okey fair enough, but they should still not complain about Game Token price. You either pay the EU needed or your farm in game. You have to make priorities with your money and your time, just like everything else in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    "I don't feel like giving Blizzard more money".
    You do realize that by buying a token, you actually give Blizzard more money, right? Without you, someone else wouldn't spend 20 euro on a token.

Deleted
    I could play free - and I'm a casual. I got mining and enchanting. All the gear quests that dosnt titanforge is getting DE (WQ) combined with mining WQ, gold quests etc I get around 200k profit each month. The order hall gold missions are also worth mentioning.
    And that is with 1 toon just to make it clear
    Enchants are a pretty good source of gold and so is the harvest shoulder enchant if you are lucky to get some herbs

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You do realize that by buying a token, you actually give Blizzard more money, right? Without you, someone else wouldn't spend 20 euro on a token.
    No, I personally give Blizzard less money, I don't care what other people do with their money though.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Okey fair enough, but they should still not complain about Game Token price. You either pay the EU needed or your farm in game. You have to make priorities with your money and your time, just like everything else in life.
    Who was complaining? The OP asked for casual ways to get the gold, never stating he couldn't afford to pay, just that he doesn't want to
    Personally I'll just pay for my sub since it's less than 1 hour of work to get those €13.

No, I personally give Blizzard less money, I don't care what other people do with their money though.
    However you want to look at it, blizzard gets more money, and you're directly responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Velispion View Post
    However you want to look at it, blizzard gets more money, and you're directly responsible.
    And however you look at it, I spend less money on a game I've spent thousands of euros on during the years I've played. You seem to not see the point at all though, so I bid you a good day sir.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the best shoulder enchant now? For pure gold, aka just selling the materials I get from it. I enjoy the Engi ones, but it seems to not drop very often. But always nice to get two of those Felglasses and loot 10-20k worth of materials.

And however you look at it, I spend less money on a game I've spent thousands of euros on during the years I've played. You seem to not see the point at all though, so I bid you a good day sir.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the best shoulder enchant now? For pure gold, aka just selling the materials I get from it. I enjoy the Engi ones, but it seems to not drop very often. But always nice to get two of those Felglasses and loot 10-20k worth of materials.
    The way you worded your original post sounded like you don't want to be responsible for blizzard making anymore money. Maybe you should word your posts better. If you don't want to spend money, say it simply, instead of specifically saying you don't want to give blizz money.

Feel bad for the people who know you in real life. You write people off instantly.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, professions are your golden ticket.
    I get roughly 100k/month from flasks and gems, which typically sell well, so slap on the bloodhunter chant on your shoulders and spend bloods to make flasks.
    If you have an alt, slap on the gem chant (from azsuna? i think) and hope for blue gems to sell (don't need JC for this, but cutting them could yield more gold if you have JC).
    Mix in order hall stuff (quick point n click interface to free gold) and you should pull in 100k/month with minimal effort outside of typical play (remember to loot everything), so maybe get every other month for gold unless you really wanna play the AH and get aggressive.
    I don't play the AH and don't farm in any capacity, just standard play, so I'm sure if you throw in a little extra (maybe an extra dungeon or two a day, extra WQs, etc), you could cover.

It takes me no time to earn the money I need, but why spend money when you can do it for free by playing the game? This isn't as much about the "I can't afford", its more about "I don't feel like giving Blizzard more money".
    So I was merely curious about how people earn their monthly "fee" to play.
    This doesn't make sense. If for you it doesn't take any real time to make that sum of money, then go make it and buy sub.
    Alternatively grind 200k gold (or whatever sum), which will surely take you more than little time and buy the sub.
    So by grinding the gold you lose real money.
    Last edited by dadev; 2017-02-27 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    I have no idea how I make my money in WoW. I occasionally sell flasks, but thats it. And at the end of the month I have made ~200k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy, Herbalism, Order Hall missions, Farming old raids, and plenty of WQs is how i do it - i make about 350K a month doing it that way...there is more out there to be had, but im lazy after i get what i need.

Quote Originally Posted by dadev View Post
    This doesn't make sense. If for you it doesn't take any real time to make that sum of money, then go make it and buy sub.
    Alternatively grind 200k gold (or whatever sum), which will surely take you more than little time and buy the sub.
    So by grinding the gold you lose real money.
    How exactly does it make me lose money? It's not like I play WoW during work hours, so if I spend perhaps 30 min extra each day to be able to earn 150-200k/month, I don't lose any money, I simply save money for not spending it.

What people seem to not understand is that work hours and free-time hours are two rather seperate things. It's not like I can just walk out of my house and earn extra money by not spending time farming gold on WoW.
    I got 7.5 work hours/day, might be more if I have to work overtime. After that I have about 7-8hours of free-time before I go to bed. During these hours I can farm gold, and earn the gold needed to not use my hard earned money on a game. Sure the monthly fee is as good as nothing, just cut down on some beers or a couple of sodas, and I've saved it up.

All this thread was about, was how people earn their monthly gold to play the game time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velispion View Post
    The way you worded your original post sounded like you don't want to be responsible for blizzard making anymore money. Maybe you should word your posts better. If you don't want to spend money, say it simply, instead of specifically saying you don't want to give blizz money.

Feel bad for the people who know you in real life. You write people off instantly.
    Indeed, I got few friends. People are usually just fake anyways. So the friends I do have is extremely good ones, that I can share everything with. Quality>quantity. I got a thing for sensing how people really are, rather quick.

However I did do a mistake now, I thought you were someone else. So might have written you off too quickly, and I am sorry for that.

How exactly does it make me lose money? It's not like I play WoW during work hours, so if I spend perhaps 30 min extra each day to be able to earn 150-200k/month, I don't lose any money, I simply save money for not spending it.

What people seem to not understand is that work hours and free-time hours are two rather seperate things. It's not like I can just walk out of my house and earn extra money by not spending time farming gold on WoW.
    I got 7.5 work hours/day, might be more if I have to work overtime. After that I have about 7-8hours of free-time before I go to bed. During these hours I can farm gold, and earn the gold needed to not use my hard earned money on a game. Sure the monthly fee is as good as nothing, just cut down on some beers or a couple of sodas, and I've saved it up.

All this thread was about, was how people earn their monthly gold to play the game time.
    30min extra each day accumulates to roughly 15 hours a month. This is not some negligible amount we're talking about here. If you have the skills and put your mind to it you can make anything from 150 to 500e Norway currency equivalent without a lot of effort (some effort, but not a lot). This is way way more than what the sub cost. Hence you lost money.
    You're looking at it this way, you work 7.5hrs/day and that's it. But if you like your work, why not work for 30mins more if your job pays overtime? If you don't like it or there's no option to work overtime then maybe some contracting? You're in Norway after all, the money people pay there is good. If you were from eastern europe I get it, but you're not.

However, if you're just interested how much effort is to make the 200k I guess that has been answered.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, this is not me telling you what to do. Feel free to grind for the 200k in the most optimal way. This is just my opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by dadev; 2017-02-27 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    These kids are supposed to study in school.
    I wish there was some sort of force to govern children

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, 1 month of subscription is like 2 hours of my worktime, i can't make 200k gold in two hours, so... it's cheaper for me to pay it with money, than waste my time on farming gold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And before you say "I have 14 followers who do 200% gold missions every day" - so how long did it take you to level 14 toons to 110, do the Class Missions, get the follower upgrades and the perfect combos to get 200% every time. I managed 2 alts, and the time it took, I could have bought a sub with RL money until I die. Kinda.
    Sometimes i can't be asked to send my followers via an app, they just sit there doing nothing most of the time

- - - Updated - - -

If you add extra 30 minutes of "working" for "world of warcraft ingame economy" you, basically, work for 8,5 hours per day and make you burn out of the game faster. Well, at least that's my explanation why i don't see farming such sums of gold to pay to continue playing the game to farm ridiculous sums of gold to pay... Yeah, i guess i've made it kinda clear. I'll just spend this gold on raids
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    At this point $15 usd is more worth it to me than that much gold. Back when they were 30-60k it was one thing but its just out of control at this point. $15 a month may be alot for you but for most of us its a small drop in the bucket.
    Yeah, I agree with you. Up to about 50k I was cool with paying for tokens, but I noticed a point when I wasn't playing enough to keep my in-game cash flow at a net positive, and that was about when tokens hit 70k. I decided to take a break at that point since it was clear I wasn't playing enough to justify sinking the gold/cash. I've got 3 or 4 tokens banked for when I want to return, that'll be nice since I'm sure that tokens will be over 100k each by then, and at that point I'll just pay $15 if I run out of tokens.

Deleted
    Any tips and tricks for a casual player with restricted time to play the game?
    With limited game time, playing the AH is probably your only choice.
    But then again, paying the sub with real money is probably much less hassle.

For some reason you guys believe you can just "go and work an hour extra" when ever you feel like it, lol.

"Oh I am bored this Saturday afternoon, I should go to work totally randomly and work an hour!"

The money isn't an issue, haven't been since Vanilla. All I was asking for was a way to earn 150-200k gold/month, and all of you are getting your nuts in a twist over it, guess that is what one should expect from MMO-C posters though.

I thought it was hilarious how much people hates gold farming in this thread. Making gold and pay for you sub IS part of the fun, at least for some of us.