Do You Want a Mobile Pet Battle App

How much would you like to see a mobile pet battle app that let's you pet battle on your account from your phone? This seems like an obvious application for a WoW app. I'd certainly use it frequently.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I don't think it should be too complex, and mostly useful for leveling pets on generic "random" battles within certain level ranges.

Catching pets should be done in-game.
    World quest/trainer quests should be done in-game.
    Buying pet battle goods should be done in-game

Why? App should be used for convenience of some leveling when having some free time off a PC, not a replacement for everything.

The catching new pets / doing world & daily-quests on special trainers shouldn't be done via an app.

The pet battle weekly XP bonus could apply, or using existing XP items/Safari Hat/Battle stones you have in bags/account could be a thing.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-05 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    How much would you like to see a mobile pet battle app that let's you pet battle on your account from your phone? This seems like an obvious application for a WoW app. I'd certainly use it frequently.
    I used to want such an app, specifically for PVP pet battles, but I no longer do. If they evolved pet battles somehow, made additions and expansions like, say, in HS, added brawls or whatnot, I would be the first to use the app. But since they don't, pet battles are pretty stale and I wouldn't really care if they can suddenly be accessed via an app. (I understand that wanting them to work on pet battles as hard as they work on HS is perhaps misguided - but I am just describing what the situation is. No updates = the system goes stale = no interest in new ways to access it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Would it do pvp pet battles?
    Of course.

I dunno, sounds cool, but how would this effect the actual game? Would I get AP or other rewards? Could I collect pets this way, or just battle?

Definitely - yes. Especially the PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I dunno, sounds cool, but how would this effect the actual game? Would I get AP or other rewards? Could I collect pets this way, or just battle?
    Sure, why not?

As long as my toon still gets the XP from it, absolutely. That's part of what I do, I'll queue for a dungeon and a battle ground, maybe quest a little, hit gathering nodes and hit the pet battles. After each of my dungeon and BG queues are complete, i'll hearth somewhere or just log out. That pet battle xp is nice when you really don't feel like doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    As long as my toon still gets the XP from it, absolutely. That's part of what I do, I'll queue for a dungeon and a battle ground, maybe quest a little, hit gathering nodes and hit the pet battles. After each of my dungeon and BG queues are complete, i'll hearth somewhere or just log out. That pet battle xp is nice when you really don't feel like doing anything.
    I'd love for it to be an alternate way to level alts on my lunch break.

Deleted
    I would use the app during my downtime from a PC...or on my way to work.

If Blizz is doing a useful app like the Legion Companion - I'm certain a lot of ppl would have use for it.

This should've been out within the year of battle pets first release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yes, but I don't think it should be too complex, and mostly useful for leveling pets on generic "random" battles within certain level ranges.

Catching pets should be done in-game.
    World quest/trainer quests should be done in-game.
    Buying pet battle goods should be done in-game

Why? App should be used for convenience of some leveling when having some free time off a PC, not a replacement for everything.

The catching new pets / doing world & daily-quests on special trainers shouldn't be done via an app.

The pet battle weekly XP bonus could apply, or using existing XP items/Safari Hat/Battle stones you have in bags/account could be a thing.
    ....And by that, you remove everything I like about Pet Battles and only leave the only thing I hate: PvP Pet Battles..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    ....And by that, you remove everything I like about Pet Battles and only leave the only thing I hate: PvP Pet Battles..
    No, I meant PvE random generated battles to level up existing pets, with random battles, random teams of enemy pets within certain level/type criterias, not players, sorry.

PvP pet battles should be optional but could work as a feature too.

Skipping all travel to do pet WQs , Trainer dailies/weeklies, catching pets would be way too dumbed down, handy yes, no doubt.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-10 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    I could imagine that for the pet battle dungeons.