Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Not if Tennisace has anything to say about it.
    Tru dat, but he's OUR Tennisace.

15+ Year Old Account
    rules are set in society for a reason, kids should be taught to follow the rules...

10+ Year Old Account
    They are missing out... We had a basketball game where the score was so out of hand, I even got to play and the opposing team put a girl in. Judging by the laughter from both teams, a near 7 footer running around and blocking every shot a girl tried to make, was absolutely hilarious.

I should add, I was close to my current 6'8, she was 5'6 at best... I was also around 270 lbs, she was 120 at most... I didn't find it that funny then, but it's pretty funny looking back.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-28 at 06:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Rules are rules.
    Best they learn it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    How was his particular statement in any way "against" women?
    Being generally false and spreading a falsehood to further his point. Pretty clearly against women.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://wgntv.com/2017/02/14/youth-ba...irl-teammates/

What would you do if you were on this team? What if you were a parent?

Do you think this team should have to follow the rules?
    You should follow the rules, don't like the rules? Work on getting them changed.

Already learning intolerance at such a young age. Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Rules are rules.
    Best they learn it now.
    Except that rules are based on a moral code which is often falsely believed to be true at the time the code was written. Anytime the rules are not being challenged is a time when society gets progressively dumber - the books are full of ridiculous or even dangerous laws that had to be edited out, or still remain to this day. The most egregious examples can't be discussed on MMOC, but a quick google search should provide plenty of food for thought.

Alternatively, watch the movie Judge Dredd for a more sardonic outlook on why blind adherence to the rules makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They lose either way. Girls dont have the muscular structure to be as strong as the boys. They wouldve lost every game anyway. Girls should play with the other girls, and boys should play with the other boys as its been since sports were invented
    I don't know if you know this or not but Girls develop earlier than Boys ESPECIALLY around the age mentioned which is 4-6 grades. At that age many of the tallest students were Girls. So yes if the team play is supposed to be exclusively one gender it is cheating.

Kek...
    Comparing a real life situation with a Hollywood movie. A bad one at that.

The rules were simple. They broke them and they suffered the consequences. If the rules were bent for them, they would have to be bent for everyone from here on out, forever. That is not how society works. The rules were made for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Um... follow the rules. Its not the leagues fault they didnt know the rules. So they forfeit the games they played against the rules, no big deal. This isnt the NBA, they are not playing for anything. Next year they can find a Co Ed League if such a thing exists.

Im curious, was one of the girls the coachs daughter? “I was filled with emotion and joy,” is a very strange thing to say.
    Apparently the LEAGUE did not even know the league rules, as it took TEN games before anyone noticed an issue... apparently brought up by another parent rather than a league official.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Already learning intolerance at such a young age. Beautiful.

Except that rules are based on a moral code which is often falsely believed to be true at the time the code was written. Anytime the rules are not being challenged is a time when society gets progressively dumber - the books are full of ridiculous or even dangerous laws that had to be edited out, or still remain to this day. The most egregious examples can't be discussed on MMOC, but a quick google search should provide plenty of food for thought.

Alternatively, watch the movie Judge Dredd for a more sardonic outlook on why blind adherence to the rules makes no sense.
    Based on a moral code? I say it's based more on puberty as men and women bodies become vastly different after that, if it was a moral code then there would have never been a co-ed team to begin with.

Alternatively, watch the movie Judge Dredd for a more sardonic outlook on why blind adherence to the rules makes no sense
    Awesome, next you should watch Superman to learn about accepting illegal immigrants.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-02-28 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Am a girl, started as a split end in high school football. We won two New York State championships in three years. So yeah....
    Haha, I highly doubt that. Not saying you didn't play, but there is no shot in hell your team won any sort of meaningful championships. Unless your team had a future hall of fame running back with a nasty O-line, or your defense was out of this world. If you did win, you guys probably played in some tiny Catholic school league where all the teams sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Based on a moral code? I say it's based more on puberty as men and women bodies become vastly different after that, if it was a moral code then there would have never been a co-ed team to begin with.

Awesome, next you should watch Superman to learn about accepting illegal immigrants.
    Haha! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    We're talking about a Catholic school, i.e. people who believe that segregation is the only way to avoid the devil's temptation and other such nonsense.

The fact is, kids who attend co-ed schools and engage in co-ed activities early on in their developments will gain a better understanding of how to interact with the opposite gender. This carries on to the work environment, where they will be more comfortable working with the opposite gender than kids who have been cloistered in single-sex environments.

There are also proven educational/productivity benefits.
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0411150856.htm

Just because girls have a lower muscle mass on average doesn't mean that they are in danger of breaking like twigs at the slightest contact, which seems to be the only real counter-argument here.

I knew you'd say that. Also, stories are used all the time as a way to introduce someone to a newer/healthier set of ideas. When your argument boils down to I AM THE LAW, I seriously doubt that an intellectual approach is going to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    ...I would rather live in a world where rules and justice have our back then decisions purely based on emotions...
    Rules and justice are not intrinsically related. Rules are a set of instructions developed by people in charge that carry a penalty if ignored. They may be based on absolutely anything the people in power desire. Justice is about the difference between right and wrong; a sense of morality based as much on emotion as logic.

5th grade girls can't play basketball with boys what idiotic rules... These archaic rules are the same reason a Tranny Hyped up on Steroids as she tries to become a man can win the Womans High School Wrestling title going undefeated while popping testosterone like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Actually at that age girls can be taller, stronger, and faster than the boys on average.
    The new rules are for middle schoolers. While some girls *can* be taller, etc. than *some* boys, those are generally the years where that really stops being the case. Boys tend to grow most quickly between 12 and 15. Here in the US, that's 6th - 9th grade. The middle school years - the ages for which these new rules were designed. I suspect this has far more to do with the fact that you can have a middle school boy on the team who's over 6 feet tall, and you don't really want them playing a real physical game against some much smaller girls. The less developed boys being far less likely to even make the team until they also hit puberty. My point being, that they were likely not at any kind of actual advantage by having girls on the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If they arent required to strictly follow every rule of the game, they will grow up thinking its OK to just change the rules every time they feel like it. Thats why there are so many bullshit ways that people treat the free parking space on a Monopoly board. Rules need to be followed
    I'm pretty sure there are a lot of free parking variants not because people think following rules is wrong, but because people know that games are designed to be fun, and that creating house rules for games can be a lot of fun. And if it's one thing Monopoly needs, it's a crapton more fun in order to be worth playing Really though? Equating changing the rules of a game as a kid to not following laws as an adult? I'm sorry, but that's just silly. The vast majority of people get the difference between house rules for and the rule of law.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was at one point a little girl.

i was at that time not as strong as the boys i hung out with.
    Then you must have made some mistakes, becaues young girls are generally bigger and stronger than young boys.

Oh lawd!!
    I bet this group will cry about it more than they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are missing out... We had a basketball game where the score was so out of hand, I even got to play and the opposing team put a girl in. Judging by the laughter from both teams, a near 7 footer running around and blocking every shot a girl tried to make, was absolutely hilarious.

I should add, I was close to my current 6'8, she was 5'6 at best... I was also around 270 lbs, she was 120 at most... I didn't find it that funny then, but it's pretty funny looking back.
    And that happened when you were nine?