Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    One day we'll let minor local issues remain minor local issues.

One day.
    Well, you could start by banning Tennisace.

Broke the rules, their lost.

Not that I care much about what happens to a youth basketball team, but Equality before the Law applies to most characteristics except age. Laws apply differently to minors compared to adults.

As for my opinion to the OP: The solution is simple, state and write the rules on team composition. We separate men and women in adult athletics for a reason, biology is sexist.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Am a girl, started as a split end in high school football. We won two New York State championships in three years. So yeah....
    Not a real girl then at least according to Tennisace and Orlong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not that I care much about what happens to a youth basketball team, but Equality before the Law applies to most characteristics except age. Laws apply differently to minors compared to adults.

As for my opinion to the OP: The solution is simple, state and write the rules on team composition. We separate men and women in adult athletics for a reason, biology is sexist.
    Rules were written and stated. Team trainer was ignorant to them. They got disqualified because of that. I see no problem here, why this even got to news? Fuck, seriously, media is shit nowadays
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there's biological differences between men and women, and even boys and girls.

they should shouldn't be allowed to play together on a sport team.
    You mean differences that aren't fully in effect at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    i was at one point a little girl.

i was at that time not as strong as the boys i hung out with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Actually, prepubescent kids are different, girls tend to be better at balance and flexibility, boys better at strength, agility and speed
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Rules were written and stated.
    Yes, this rule was written and stated so clearly that they played ten games against ten different teams with ten different coaches and possibly even ten different referees and NOBODY called them on it until just now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yes, this rule was written and stated so clearly that they played ten games against ten different teams with ten different coaches and possibly even ten different referees and NOBODY called them on it until just now.
    You imply that rules were pulled out of their asses? Or that if someone breaks the rules one time it doesn't count, because he wasn't caught red handed? Probably there was a dispute about allowing them to continue playing like this and it solved not in their favor

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You imply that rules were pulled out of their asses? Or that if someone breaks the rules one time it doesn't count, because he wasn't caught red handed?
    I'm implying that, as the coach said, the rule was not clearly stated anywhere and that punishing them for breaking a rule virtually nobody involved knew about is bullshit. A better solution would have been to let them play out the season (that was almost over anyway) and then ensure that the rules were clearly stated going forward.

Probably there was a dispute about allowing them to continue playing like this and it solved not in their favor
    Probably there was, because some adults take nine-year-old sports leagues VERY SERIOUSLY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was at one point a little girl.

i was at that time not as strong as the boys i hung out with.
    You are not the only girl who has ever existed. There are girls who are as strong as the boys they play with.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Then it is a very clear case.

Ignorantia juris non excusat
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignora...is_non_excusat

ignorance of law excuses no one

And that means that the team cheated and should be rightfully disqualified. I hope actions are taking against them.
    They wasted everybodies time. Disgusting
    It's just a bunch of kids. Who gives a fuck? Jesus fucking christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Nothing is a safe assumption.
    Nope, that was a safe assumption. The safest. The most safe of all the assumptions.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They lose either way. Girls dont have the muscular structure to be as strong as the boys. They wouldve lost every game anyway.
    It was a basketball team, basketball pretty much exists because boys got mad that they couldn't match girls at netball so needed their own version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://wgntv.com/2017/02/14/youth-ba...irl-teammates/

What would you do if you were on this team? What if you were a parent?

Do you think this team should have to follow the rules?
    Um... follow the rules. Its not the leagues fault they didnt know the rules. So they forfeit the games they played against the rules, no big deal. This isnt the NBA, they are not playing for anything. Next year they can find a Co Ed League if such a thing exists.

Im curious, was one of the girls the coachs daughter? “I was filled with emotion and joy,” is a very strange thing to say.

They stood together. That matters. Silly league does not.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Probably there was, because some adults take nine-year-old sports leagues VERY SERIOUSLY.
    Some parents take education seriously, others focus on getting their kids ready for the NBA, NFL, MLB, and FIFA

7+ Year Old Account
    Rules are rules, so funny so many cant deal with rules, they are ok, unless they fail to agree with someone's agenda, then they are minor or should be ignored. sorry, break the rule, like a law, and get caught, pay the piper. so many these days have failed to understand that their are consequences that come with actions, good , bad. and so many lately are unprepared to deal with them, so they take to public to gain ... some sense of justice? no, more like justification for them not following the rules, which so many have and yet, if u allow some groups/people to get away with not following the rules, whats the point?

rule was broken for 10 games, got caught, punishment, end of story. snowflakes need to deal with reality, this is not the matrix.

Deleted
    I like their attitude but that being said rules are rules. It's nice that they stuck together but that's as far as it goes.