Is "Lag Tolerance" still effective in Legion?

As a player who plays consistently with ~300ms, I am looking into every possible ways of reducing the effect of ping on my game. A guy who pugged M+ with me earlier today told me a "Lag Tolerance" feature, saying if I enable it, I can set a latency so I can queue spells about 200-250ms beforehand, so to minimize the effect of my lag.

My problem is...where is this feature? I did some searching and the threads I dug up are 6 years old and probably outdated, or saying this doesn't work.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ag-Tolerance#4

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-Not-Working

So...anyone here can show me the light? How do I enable this feature, and will it actually help? Playing at my latency means all "React to proc" type of class are out of my hand unless I accept playing sub-optimally. If this feature helps, it opens a whole new door for me when choosing classes to play. Thank all for helping!

It still exists and it works, but it was one of the many options pruned by Blizzard when Legion was released. You can enable it and many other hidden options using the addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It still exists and it works, but it was one of the many options pruned by Blizzard when Legion was released. You can enable it and many other hidden options using the addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions.
    Thx very much!

Will there be any change to my playstyle if I use it? I am an avid button masher and is used to spam click buttons when it's about to come up. Will enable Lag Tolerance makes it so I can only click once/twice as oppose to spam clicking?

Are you a caster? In my experience, this only helps casters. It queues your next cast a split second before current cast is complete (as long as the GCD is over). If you are a melee, tank or hunter I wouldn't even bother with it honestly. It helps casters though, for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Thx very much!

Will there be any change to my playstyle if I use it? I am an avid button masher and is used to spam click buttons when it's about to come up. Will enable Lag Tolerance makes it so I can only click once/twice as oppose to spam clicking?
    I meant to quote you so you'd see the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Are you a caster? In my experience, this only helps casters. It queues your next cast a split second before current cast is complete (as long as the GCD is over). If you are a melee, tank or hunter I wouldn't even bother with it honestly. It helps casters though, for sure.
    wrong. it queues up your next spell X ms before the previous is processed by the server, no matter whether it's an instant that's waiting for a gcd or a cast that's waiting for a previous cast and is therefore useful for everyone with a latency of >50ms.

Deleted
    Absolutely horrible though when set too high. I have had it several times that it double casts instants because I hit the button a couple of times.

If you dig around, you'll find you can also adjust this setting within macros, as I do on my paladin. I have low ms, but when I'm healing, I prefer a much high tolerance so I can pre-press buttons (like Flash of Light for example) well before the current cast is finished. But, when I play Ret, I want it back super low. So my solution is to macro it being set to like 350ms in my Flash of Light macro, and back to about 20 in my Crusader Strike macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptarius View Post
    If you dig around, you'll find you can also adjust this setting within macros, as I do on my paladin. I have low ms, but when I'm healing, I prefer a much high tolerance so I can pre-press buttons (like Flash of Light for example) well before the current cast is finished. But, when I play Ret, I want it back super low. So my solution is to macro it being set to like 350ms in my Flash of Light macro, and back to about 20 in my Crusader Strike macro.
    An interesting idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.