Thread: Greenskins

Greenskins

Hi All,

Can someone please correct my understanding on this because I haven't been able to find a definitive answer although it seems to be widely accepted knowledge by most people...

With Greenskins the logic is:
    -TB or 3+
    -BTE only when you have a PS/BB proc otherwise RT? I ask this last part because the sims for my character suggest RT on average will hit 20k harder (excepting situations where you have SiW where it would change to BTE on CD...?)
    -Has anyone worked out the probability of getting TB or 3+? Just so I have an idea of the variance involved here

Apologies that this subject has sort of been covered to death but the second part of the question i haven't found a definitive response that has made sense to me.
    Last edited by pudgeball; 2017-02-28 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pudgeball View Post
    Hi All,

Can someone please correct my understanding on this because I haven't been able to find a definitive answer although it seems to be widely accepted knowledge by most people...

With Greenskins the logic is:
    -TB or 3+
    -BTE only when you have a PS/BB proc otherwise RT? I ask this last part because the sims for my character suggest RT on average will hit 20k harder (excepting situations where you have SiW where it would change to BTE on CD...?)
    -Has anyone worked out the probability of getting TB or 3+? Just so I have an idea of the variance involved here

Apologies that this subject has sort of been covered to death but the second part of the question i haven't found a definitive response that has made sense to me.
    The second part of the Question might have no definitive response. Its depending if you play 2+ RT relics or not. If so, you might play as you wrote. But if you play only 1RT relic or less (which you should right now, especially with bracers) the average dmg of BtE should be higher then RT if you play with the apropriate amount of crit rating. Also keep in mind that using BtE on Cooldown will increase the chance that you can land more BB procs into the wristbuff due to double or fast followed procs in which case you want to get the highest wrist buff uptime possible.

The probability of getting TB or 3+ Buffs is for sure high enough to justify rolling for it due to the massive amount of damage boost you gain for a whole Minute of a Boss Fight. If you play with Shoulders+Wrist in Cooldown Phase TB becomes nearly as strong as a 6Buff.
    Last edited by mmoc4e5aba46b8; 2017-02-28 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NarfTV View Post
    The probability of getting TB or 3+ Buffs is for sure high enough to justify rolling for it due to the massive amount of damage boost you gain for a whole Minute of a Boss Fight. If you play with Shoulders+Wrist in Cooldown Phase TB becomes nearly as strong as a 6Buff.
    Does this matter if your second legendary is not shoulder but ring/cindaria/trinket?

Can I also ask in the context of high m+? Would you even bother with using greenskins?

Thanks for your reply!

Can I also ask in the context of high m+? Would you even bother with using greenskins?
    Since swapping gear is allowed in M+, I just use greenskin/shoulders on most boss pulls and swap back to shoulders/ring for trash.

Deleted
    Does this matter if your second legendary is not shoulder but ring/cindaria/trinket?

Thanks for your reply!
    The difference is with Shoulders+Bracers you roll the bones until TB, no matter what, unless fight duration is really short. With Greenskins+Ring/Cinidaria you roll TB or 3+ Buffs. (on Bossfights)

Also preposter is right about Legendary swapping. Shoulders+Bracers are only good at a low number of Mobs/Single target. With Fortified best combination of AoE Legendaries for trash might be Gloves+Ring afaik this combination will grant you the highest amount of Sustained AoE the game has to offer, however for burst while having Tyranical and trash mobs dying kinda fast Shoulders+Gloves are pretty much ideal. If you dont have the Gloves, the Ring is really good to sustain your AoE. The Trinket is useless due to its long CD. If you dont have two of these Legendaries: Ring/Gloves/Shoulders, its not worth to swapout your Bracers for trashmobs, you probably wont do any better without two of them.
    Last edited by mmoc4e5aba46b8; 2017-02-28 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NarfTV View Post
    The difference is with Shoulders+Bracers you roll the bones until TB, no matter what, unless fight duration is really short. With Greenskins+Ring/Cinidaria you roll TB or 3+ Buffs. (on Bossfights)

Also preposter is right about Legendary swapping. Shoulders+Bracers are only good at a low number of Mobs/Single target. With Fortified best combination of AoE Legendaries for trash might be Gloves+Ring afaik this combination will grant you the highest amount of Sustained AoE the game has to offer, however for burst while having Tyranical and trash mobs dying kinda fast Shoulders+Gloves are pretty much ideal. If you dont have the Gloves, the Ring is really good to sustain your AoE. The Trinket is useless due to its long CD. If you dont have two of these Legendaries: Ring/Gloves/Shoulders, its not worth to swapout your Bracers for trashmobs, you probably wont do any better without two of them.
    It's worth mentioning that the boots do give a noticable amount of DPS for burst AoE on big packs (6+ or so?), but requires rolling TB to keep sprint up for the duration of the burst. Very situational, but just in case you have the boots, but not the ring.