Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    "We are owned by Twitch, this is intended."

When did this happen?
    I knew about Curse, but Twitch!?
    P.S. It'd make more sense to stick it at the bottom of the browser, not at the top.

Oh I forgot to say.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Read the notice, read the policies if you want
    Nice try. I'm sure the VAST majority of people thought to themselves "ya okay whatever gtf off my screen" without even considering the possibility of reading it. (Although I was a little intrigued since it was the first time I saw such a thing on MMO-C.)

I was not aware of this, please keep reminding me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    So that's why there's ads for twitch channels here now. Oh well.
    Also explains why they have been promoting sales on Amazon now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Also explains why they have been promoting sales on Amazon now.
    I've been doing that long before ownership change was a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing that long before ownership change was a thing.
    Well you have been doing the pc build stuff for a while, but actual sales just on their own has been somewhat new or you are just doing it a lot more.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    When did this happen?
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/16/125...tch-buys-curse

In august. If only curse premium was included in Amazon prime. Prime already gets you a twitch premium for free (included in $99 prime price)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    We are owned by Twitch, this is intended. Read the notice, read the policies if you want, and dismiss the notification.
    Any way of getting it away? Clicked and scrolled through terms and policies, and it still appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/16/125...tch-buys-curse

In august. If only curse premium was included in Amazon prime. Prime already gets you a twitch premium for free (included in $99 prime price)
    Thanks for that article, didn't actually know that. If Curse Premium WAS in the Amazon Prime, then it might had been worth the prime, hehe..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm sure the VAST majority of people thought to themselves "ya okay whatever gtf off my screen" without even considering the possibility of reading it. (Although I was a little intrigued since it was the first time I saw such a thing on MMO-C.)
    Same thing here. Noticed an extra bar and dismissed it before realizing it's not the usual cookie warning. The purple was a little unexpected but meh.

Banner should listen better when you dismiss it now.
    Popped up again just now...
    still fucked.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Wouldnt be wrong to also mention the acquiring, was like wtf why i get on twitch clicking the links -.-

I dismiss banner but it comes back, it's really annoying.

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitch values the privacy of users
    Bastards.
    Do Not Track
    However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
    Bastards.

Deleted
    Don't forget, that to even use some of those "privacy" options, you have to make an account on twitch, even if you don't use it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    I dismiss banner but it comes back, it's really annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Popped up again just now...
    still fucked.
    Might be worth deleting cookies for MMOC (you will have to log in again) and seeing if that helps. For the other 99.9% of users it is working fine, so I am guessing it is something on your end, maybe a browser extension blocking something.

Noscript will prevent that bar from going away. Unfortunately I don't know which of the many (MANY*) domains to whitelist to get it gone so I just filter ###tos-banner indiscriminately and it's gone.

* Like half the internet wants to participate on mmo-champion's home page, it's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Pons View Post
    Noscript will prevent that bar from going away. Unfortunately I don't know which of the many (MANY*) domains to whitelist to get it gone so I just filter ###tos-banner indiscriminately and it's gone.

* Like half the internet wants to participate on mmo-champion's home page, it's crazy
    I recall seeing some research that everything on internet is technically at maximum of 19 links separated from each other (this was years ago). So ... technically you can get to any site on internet with maximum of 19 links if you start at mmoc.

This is visualization of internet btw.

http://www.opte.org/the-internet/

I once saw some smaller version where the said picture was reduced so much that names could be added on the "points" there. One smaller (but still noticeable) point was indeed mmoc. Places like facebook were huge.

With that said, I read the thing and was surprised to find out twitch owns mmoc ;I .

So I figured out what was breaking the ability to dismiss that Twitch notice for me:

In uBlock, I had this line added to block some extremely obnoxious advertising script that was annihilating my CPU:
    ||mmo-champion.com^$inline-script

Removing the line fixes the issue and allows me to dismiss the notice.. until I change the page. I have to dismiss the notice on every single page. It does a great job of remembering I dismissed the notice, but it only does so on that one specific page I dismissed it on. I'm probably just going to block the notice element itself and hope MMO-C removes it permanently soon.

We are owned by Twitch, this is intended. Read the notice, read the policies if you want, and dismiss the notification.
    Ah that explains why the videos on the front page are now all in slow pixelated twitch windows.