Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Liberal and Conservative News Sites Owned by Same Company

https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilver...W65#.pezYr2XeE

The websites Liberal Society and Conservative 101 appear to be total opposites. The former publishes headlines such as “WOW, Sanders Just Brutally EVISCERATED Trump On Live TV. Trump Is Fuming.” Its conservative counterpart has stories like “Nancy Pelosi Just Had Mental Breakdown On Stage And Made Craziest Statement Of Her Career.”
    So it was a surprise last Wednesday when they published stories that were almost exactly the same, save for a few notable word changes.
    After CNN reported White House counselor Kellyanne Conway was “sidelined from television appearances,” both sites whipped up a post — and outrage — for their respective audiences. The resulting stories read like bizarro-world versions of each other — two articles with nearly identical words and tweets optimized for opposing filter bubbles. The similarity of the articles also provided a key clue BuzzFeed News followed to reveal a more striking truth: These for-the-cause sites that appeal to hardcore partisans are in fact owned by the same Florida company.
    These fake news sites are literally playing people and profiting off of them. Disgusting.

Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-03-01 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post

These fake news sites are literally playing people and profiting off of them. Disgusting.

I agree but this is what you get when you treat media as a commodity to be bought and sold.

So, you got this info from a news site. Ironic.

Yeah you make more money if you control both ends of the boomerang.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only we required news agencies to provide both perspectives of a story.....its almost as if we did that at one point....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

I've been pointing this out for a long time to many people, online and off. Fun game: find a story on one site, find the same story on a different site, compare the headline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    If only we required news agencies to provide both perspectives of a story.....its almost as if we did that at one point....
    Meh. Both "sides" of a story aren't necessarily equal or deserve equal reporting.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I've been pointing this out for a long time to many people, online and off. Fun game: find a story on one site, find the same story on a different site, compare the headline.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh. Both "sides" of a story aren't necessarily equal or deserve equal reporting.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-06-...rness-doctrine

The best part of Ronalds statement was his prescient noting that the telecom industry was booming and diversifying. So...he literally saw what we have today, where anyone with any view can find a media outlet to support that view no matter how silly, and that it was a good thing. Polarization is good!
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2017-03-01 at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I completely agree with Reagan on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It's all for ratings and money bro. This is why we need to pull info from many sources.

This is like playing ping pong with the masses, except you don't even need to score points. As long as you're hitting the ball, and as long as it's going back and forth, you win.

With that being said, Buzzfeed denouncing another media service for their cheesy practices is quite an achievement in irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Fair =/= correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted

///BUZZSHIT LINK///
    Stop reading clickbait websites.

They live off your outrage.

You being angry makes them money.

PS: If you didn't realize I am talking about buzzshit.

Check this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Article states that they discovered the sites are connected via a Google Analytics ID but nothing more. Isn't that what's used to gauge hits to a particular website? Wouldn't ads that show on both pages have the same analytics ID so the company buying that ad-space would be able to determine which site is more effective at pushing their product?

There's something a little off with this article.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Stop reading clickbait websites.

They live off your outrage.

You being angry makes them money.

PS: If you didn't realize I am talking about buzzshit.

Check this:

Dude. I HATE BUZZFEED! ITS FUCKING SHIT! But I saw this and actually read the fucking article. The conservative site posted the exact same story as the liberal site but just adjusted a few buzzwords to cater to them. Same picture, same quotes, same everything except a few words. Both sites are owned by the same company. Regardless of how shitty Buzzfeed is this is still outrageous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why exclude ~50% of your potential audience? It's business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Why exclude ~50% of your potential audience? It's business.
    Exactly, nothing wrong with this imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, it's almost as if corporate media is interested in making money by appealing to market demand for biased news and actually doesn't believe a word of what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Exactly, nothing wrong with this imo.
    Absolutely. A great idea imo.

Deleted
    Dude. I HATE BUZZFEED! ITS FUCKING SHIT! But I saw this and actually read the fucking article. The conservative site posted the exact same story as the liberal site but just adjusted a few buzzwords to cater to them. Same picture, same quotes, same everything except a few words. Both sites are owned by the same company. Regardless of how shitty Buzzfeed is this is still outrageous.
    I'm afraid that's just Market Segmentation.