Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I cannot understand how you can defend foci as an good trinket. Its by far the weakest and less consistent or rather the most rng one out of all the five NH trinkets.

The proc rate of foci is 0.7rppm what is 30% lower than NBF. The proc itself is pretty weak at avg and the rng dependency is much higher than NBF.

If NBF procs it makes good damage, no matter when it procs. Other than foci, which must proc the correct buff within your CD time frame to get a good performance makes it 3 times more rng dependend than NBF.

DoS is only useful if you have the shoulders otherwise its ~30% weaker.

At my ratings (16.6 agi / 15.0 mastery) a mastery stat stick at equal ilvl like the other trinkets is fourth place followed by arcanodigit which counts only ~3.5k dps lower.

Rank 1: CoF, NBF, DoS (with shoulders)
    Rank 2: mastery stat stick at identical ilvl
    Rank 3: arcanodigit
    Rank 4: nothing
    Rank 5: foci, DoS (without shoulders)

In terms of NBF - I think it could be useful to bug report the proc chance. Its shown as 1rppm, but we all know it happens sometimes it doesnt proc once in 3, 5 or whatever mins. This is mathematically / rppm-mechanic wise impossible.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-03-02 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    I cannot understand how you can defend foci as an good trinket. Its by far the weakest and less consistent or rather the most rng one out of all the five NH trinkets.

The proc rate of foci is 0.7rppm what is 30% lower than NBF. The proc itself is pretty weak at avg and the rng dependency is much higher than NBF.

If NBF procs it makes good damage, no matter when it procs. Other than foci, which must proc the correct buff within your CD time frame to get a good performance makes it 3 times more rng dependend than NBF.

DoS is only useful if you have the shoulders otherwise its ~30% weaker.

At my ratings (16.6 agi / 15.0 mastery) a mastery stat stick at equal ilvl like the other trinkets is fourth place followed by arcanodigit which counts only ~3.5k dps lower.

Rank 1: CoF, NBF, DoS (with shoulders)
    Rank 2: mastery stat stick at identical ilvl
    Rank 3: arcanodigit
    Rank 4: nothing
    Rank 5: foci, DoS (without shoulders)

In terms of NBF - I think it could be useful to bug report the proc chance. Its shown as 1rppm, but we all know it happens sometimes it doesnt proc once in 3, 5 or whatever mins. This is mathematically / rppm-mechanic wise impossible.
    People that think that foci is better than others NH's trinkets are just clueless.

Ps: DoS without shoulders are still rank 2/1 on your list for AP/MP, unless you have like 0 mastery.

if NBF was actually consistent in terms of proccing it would be a good choice