Deleted

Frost Mage Talents doubt

Hye fellow mages!

Last nigh i was watching some logs of frost mages cause im building up the frost artifact to do a re-spec, but i see that in most of combats people are using Thermal Void build witch lonely winter!, Is that correct, its better to use lonely winter and not having the FoF generator of Water Jet?. I cant do a lot of test now cause im only 35 artifact LvL and dont have the legendary bracers or hands, so it would be nice if some frost mages can tell me his / her experience about this.

Thx a lot

the question is between Lonely Winter and Bone Chilling. Sim yourself with the best gear u have and with the different talents without changing anything else. It is highly dependant on gear, legendaries and relics in your artifact. I started my frost artifact couple weeks ago too and got 3-4 big upgrades for frost and each time I got one the sim was telling me LW one and BC another time.

tldr: sim to find out.

Deleted
    I noticed that after I got 2 piece set LW started to sim higher than bonechilling. I think its because the 2 set causes more of our damage to be from flurry which benefits greatly from LW but not as much from having a pet. As you saw on warcraft logs both talents are viable if you want to do well so it doesn't actually matter however I hate how the pet can bug out so I run LW.

Deleted
    Thx 4 the responses, i will sim me then. Today i raided HC with LW and seems to be better but i'll sim.

the question is also "frozen touch" or "splitting ice" for TV build (GS build its always splitting ice afaik)

if there is at any point a 2nd target close to primary its splitting ice, but i often see people using splitting ice even for pure ST fights (with TV) and performing really good.

i ask myself how 5% increased IL damage can be worth more than 1,4x increased FoF generation, which also increases uptime of Icy veins.

There are no single target fights in NH with the possible exception of Krosus depending on RNG. For every other boss, SI is better.
    FT FoF generation boost is so marginal that it is unnoticable on ST (0,3% DPS gain for my gear) and gets destroyed by SI on real bosses.

Deleted
    I only use FoF for Trilliax and Krosus. One time on trilliax i forgot to switch and the difference was too small to be significant.... So it doesent matter what you choose there.

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    the question is also "frozen touch" or "splitting ice" for TV build (GS build its always splitting ice afaik)

if there is at any point a 2nd target close to primary its splitting ice, but i often see people using splitting ice even for pure ST fights (with TV) and performing really good.

i ask myself how 5% increased IL damage can be worth more than 1,4x increased FoF generation, which also increases uptime of Icy veins.
    Technically you should be using FT on Trillax, Krosus, and Star Augur (majority pure ST). You are seeing mages with Splitting Ice instead because they are just too lazy/cheap to respec for those fights. Also the DPS gain is marginal. The difference on my mage between FT/Unstable Magic vs. Splitting Ice/Blizzard Dmg is only about 35k dps, and a large part of that probably comes from Unstable vs. Blizzard Dmg.

I am curious how Frozen Touch interacts with 4 pc T19. Does the 5% gain from the 4 piece on frozen orb also benefit from 40% increase from FT? The difference would be 21.8% to 23.8% chance to generate FoF from FO dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    You are seeing mages with Splitting Ice instead because they are just too lazy/cheap to respec for those fights.
    Around the same breakpoints where LW passes BC, you can sometimes see SI pass FT on single target. Prior to my last upgrade, SI simmed 5k higher on ST than FT did for me. I would not be surprised if some of the mages run SI because it's better even on pure ST for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post
    Around the same breakpoints where LW passes BC, you can sometimes see SI pass FT on single target. Prior to my last upgrade, SI simmed 5k higher on ST than FT did for me. I would not be surprised if some of the mages run SI because it's better even on pure ST for them.
    Oh that could be true. I just have the gloves so FT > SI for single target for me since you want to prolong IV as long as possible.