Deleted

Avoiding damage in m+ as Enhancement

So my problem in current m+ content is that i'm having a hard time avoiding cleaving mobs.
    Especially the mobs in MoS on higher difficulty(starting from +12 actually) tear me apart in about 5 seconds and it feels, like it doesnt even matter where to stand. Especially when our tank pulls the entire trash up to the first boss. How do you guys manage to see the cleaving mobs, avoid them and keep up in aoe damage. For me it feels like a massive clusterfuck of nameplates cleaving in all directions (not to mention they will sometimes pull you into the group). Currently i am using Tidy Bars standart settings and Quartz as castbar addon. I'd be most garteful for any recommendations how to improve myself or for improvement regarding visibility (perhaps addons disabling nameplates of unimportant trash?).
    I hope all of this is somewhat plausible since my english is quite rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Templez View Post
    So my problem in current m+ content is that i'm having a hard time avoiding cleaving mobs.
    Especially the mobs in MoS on higher difficulty(starting from +12 actually) tear me apart in about 5 seconds and it feels, like it doesnt even matter where to stand. Especially when our tank pulls the entire trash up to the first boss. How do you guys manage to see the cleaving mobs, avoid them and keep up in aoe damage. For me it feels like a massive clusterfuck of nameplates cleaving in all directions (not to mention they will sometimes pull you into the group). Currently i am using Tidy Bars standart settings and Quartz as castbar addon. I'd be most garteful for any recommendations how to improve myself or for improvement regarding visibility (perhaps addons disabling nameplates of unimportant trash?).
    I hope all of this is somewhat plausible since my english is quite rusty
    For pulls like this I either blow stun totem early then pop astral shift after they're all doing damage or pop my def early and then stun when they're lower (depends on affix). Healthy dps from the party obviously helps mitigate the amount of damage that goes out also.

the only problem is see there, you as many other melee noobs. Not avoiding barbedspear, not to mention the obvious defiant strike.

Try to actually get exp from those m+ runs, other than just rushing through dungeon.

When having problems to survive trash, plz go to wowhead and read about the trash skills. You shoulndt come here in first place. Yeah about nameplates, im using TidyPlates those for sure shows trash spell casts.
    Last edited by sebax313; 2017-03-02 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mtvoelker View Post
    For pulls like this I either blow stun totem early then pop astral shift after they're all doing damage or pop my def early and then stun when they're lower (depends on affix). Healthy dps from the party obviously helps mitigate the amount of damage that goes out also.
    Thanks, for the answer,
    yeah i usually do that as well depending on affix of course and in communication with my tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sebax313 View Post
    the only problem is see there, you as many other melee noobs. Not avoiding barbed-spear, not to mention the obvious defiant-strike.

Try to actually get exp from those m+ runs, other than just rushing through dungeon.

When having problems to survive trash, plz go to wowhead and read about the trash skills. You shoulndt come here in first place. Yeah about nameplates, im using TidyPlates those for sure shows trash spell casts.
    Bro i wouldnt have come here if i had not tried to gain exp from MoS runs. I tried to heavily emphsize my problem regarding visibility especially in this one huge pack which obviously doesnt mean tidy bars doesnt show the casts, i dont quite know how you jumped to that conclusion. My problem is rather that whatever i tried, no matter how i concentrated on that group, from which angle i went at it, it always seems to have one cleaving guy in the middle of it which i cannot see the cleave-direction of. Thats why i wanted to kindly ask fellow enhancers if they have some tricks for this particular phenomen nothing to do with wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic 10+ you want to start learning what mobs do the melee cleave and how to avoid it. Like said above, especially in anything beyond 10+ you want to go in with a stun and dropping your wolves with alpha strike and let them do the work. Other than astral shift and actually trying to dodge cleave, not much you can do to keep the damage up without dying or taking fatal damage. That is one of the trade offs of playing a melee class for any mythic plus; you are prone to cleave and sanguine, but you dont have to worry about things like volcanic and movement.

apart from avoiding all you can manually avoidance is a magical stat for M+

initially i was too wondering how do some people complete those +24 keystones when there are AoE abilities that almost one shot the entire group and some of them cannot even be avoided, then i watched some videos and noticed that most of them had gear with avoidance as a bonus stat, a 15 or 25% reduction on top of whatever else you might have can make a big difference