Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Clinton wanted to clash with Russia on petty issues to continue the skullduggery in the Middle East. Taking out North Korea to avoid the Korean War flaring up again is going to happen, either by China or by the US.
    Petty issues like "Hey, stop bombing civilians".

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    For once i'd agree with Trump if he nuked that disgusting murdering kid from the face of the planet.
    And nukes are exactly what it would take.

Because the question of North Korea hasn't changed in 35 years.

This is the 38th Parallel.

On the red side there are over 10,000 artillery pieces aimed at Seoul. They are filled with everything from high explosives, to VX, botulism and who knows what other horrors the North Koreans have cooked up.

The question has always been "how do you fight North Korea, when they could level Seoul and kill everybody in it, in about half an hour"? The US would need to wipe out 10,000 artillery emplacements in that time.

From the mid 2000s, when we last went through this, the only option was a "B-2s, with a lot of B61 nuclear bombs". That has not changed since so far as we know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Rmemeber that time the Russians shot down one our planes during the Cold War and it started a nuclear war?
    Are you trying to say Hillary would have been justified in creating a no fly zone to destabilize Syria further?

10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea can't build functioning, let alone reliable ICBMs, and America itself has a missile shield..
    What I'd be more worried about is China warming up to and helping its neighbor.

Yeah "best" case scenario for North Korea is a military coup. The nation is just too militarized for invasion to work out well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And nukes are exactly what it would take.

Because the question of North Korea hasn't changed in 35 years.

This is the 38th Parallel.

On the red side there are over 10,000 artillery pieces aimed at Seoul. They are filled with everything from high explosives, to VX, botulism and who knows what other horrors the North Koreans have cooked up.

The question has always been "how do you fight North Korea, when they could level Seoul and kill everybody in it, in about half an hour"? The US would need to wipe out 10,000 artillery emplacements in that time.

From the mid 2000s, when we last went through this, the only option was a "B-2s, with a lot of B61 nuclear bombs". That has not changed since so far as we know.
    Hahahahahaha, Oh jesus christ, you really are a 1950ies man ain't you.

Are you trying to say Hillary would have been justified in creating a no fly zone to destabilize Syria further?
    I'm making fun of historically illiterate people who thought that a no-fly zone meant WW3.

- - - Updated - - -

Has artillery stopped working or something?

Errrrm, Yes? Are you saying Russia would have rolled over to her No fly zone idea?
    Most likely yes. Why? Russia had 30 aircraft in the region, only 12 of which were fighters. And Russia's air force has only a 25% readiness rate (meaning 1 in 4 aircraft are flight worthy).

The US by contrast, has at least 150 aircraft in Turkey, and carrier brings another 65. And there are more in Qatar, the UAE and Iraq.

Russia is out numbered in terms of fighters, around eight to one. And they very well can't re-balance that. Russia would have instead, negotiated the no fly zone and found some convenient excuse to throw Assad under the bus. That's how the Russians operate.

Deleted
    I'm making fun of historically illiterate people who thought that a no-fly zone meant WW3.
    Yeah, that Army Official was wrong right?

Errrrm, Yes? Are you saying Russia would have rolled over to her No fly zone idea?
    Like when Turkey shot down Russian plane? Nukes flew right off, and now we live in post ww3 world?

Has artillery stopped working or something?
    Yes! Like firearms are so old technology now, that they wouldn't hurt a fly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Maybe, but that's because Obama, Bush, etc. didn't alarm people with a level of inexperience and ignorance on par with "why can't we use nukes?"
    i dunno if you were around when bush was but he was pretty fucking retarded. I was in highschool and i knew he was on the high spectrum of special needs.

Yeah, that Army Official was wrong right?
    Maybe you don't remember your Cold War history?

I'm not explaining what we should do. I'm explaining what it would take. These aren't my ideas.

I don't want us to nuke North Korea. But do you have any bright ideas to destroy 10,000 artillery pieces before they can destroy Seoul? You have a time limit of 30 minutes to accomplish that task too.

No?

hes not wrong unless you have a proper counter.

Deleted
    Most likely yes. Why? Russia had 30 aircraft in the region, only 12 of which were fighters. And Russia's air force has only a 25% readiness rate (meaning 1 in 4 aircraft are flight worthy).

The US by contrast, has at least 150 aircraft in Turkey, and carrier brings another 65. And there are more in Qatar, the UAE and Iraq.

Russia is out numbered in terms of fighters, around eight to one. And they very well can't re-balance that. Russia would have instead, negotiated the no fly zone and found some convenient excuse to throw Assad under the bus. That's how the Russians operate.
    So you're saying Russia would have rolled over because Ms President wanted to fund more Saudi interests and lose alot of their projected power in the middle east, becoming much much weaker in that area.

Yet you project North Korea as a target that will be simply to dangerous to attack. It's cute really.

Well i guess being alive was overated anyway

Its not North Korea that scares me its FUCKING CHINA!!

North Korea is a tin pot nation ruled by a fat retard who only exists cause of the fear China will back it up during a war like it did back in the korean war. If china gave the get go then lil'kim would be swinging off the nearest statue of his fat ass grandfather.

Though he has nukes i doubt he has anything to deliver them except maybe a air plane that if the US military was smart would be the first thing shot down before it reached south korea air space.

Rmemeber that time the Russians shot down one our planes during the Cold War and it started a nuclear war?
    Yeah. It was called the Korean War. Russian and Chinese pilots fighting under North Korean colors killed hundreds of American pilots, and the nuclear rules of the road weren't even written yet and Stalin could have done who knows what.

These Trumpkins don't know their history.

Crazy vs Crazy - this will be good.

Welcome to WW3 - China is not going to stand by.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    hes not wrong unless you have a proper counter.
    The North Korean infrastructure has seen rapid decline over the decades while South Korea has gone from strength to strength. If you think the American Army will be beaten by 1940ies era Artillery and the "10,000 artillery pieces" are not already mapped and Seoul not having protocols for an opening war, then I'm sorry, but the Red Scare is over.

Yeah. It was called the Korean War. Russian and Chinese pilots fighting under North Korean colors killed hundreds of American pilots, and the nuclear rules of the road weren't even written yet and Stalin could have done who knows what.

These Trumpkins don't know their history.
    There was that one crazy who's bright idea as solution was to nuke Beijing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.