Optimizing play with Accelerando/Nefarious Pact

Has anyone done any experiments with these trinkets to find the best way to use them. Specifically, should you try to get it all in when they pop and then use the Devil's Due period to rebuild mana and refresh dots? Alternatively, should you just go about your rotation as normal?

as affli i save shards and souls for the proc then burn it all once its up. then during devil's due i life tap.
    BETA CLUB

You don't have any increase of damage of your UAs during proc, your benefit from proc is mostly due to other dots and shard generation.
    But with p4, head and waist shard generation can be so high, and you probably want Contagon debuff on target, so have to burne UAs in proc.

In 12s I usually refresh dots, which could fall during proc, then use souls for reap and cast some UAs (2-5, depends on shards and procs of SC) until I have only 1 soul shard, and all other time just drain and pray for UA refreshment for Contagon.

If I do something wrong, please, tell me why.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    as affli i save shards and souls for the proc then burn it all once its up. then during devil's due i life tap.
    well thats the dumbest thing iv read on here all day. dumping shards for 5 uas at once is beyond stupid with how much damage you lose per shard compared to a ua drain ua rotation. and you better get in the mindset now of being able to add time to your harvest instead of saving souls so that once that fantastic change hits in 7.2 you adapt instantly, instead of over a few days
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    well thats the dumbest thing iv read on here all day. dumping shards for 5 uas at once is beyond stupid with how much damage you lose per shard compared to a ua drain ua rotation. and you better get in the mindset now of being able to add time to your harvest instead of saving souls so that once that fantastic change hits in 7.2 you adapt instantly, instead of over a few days
    12 sec proc. 2 ua -> drain. when ua expire 2-3 more ua and drain again. drain again when proc 1 sec from gone. -> life tap . looks like you very bad at making right conclusions. so helping ya.
    BETA CLUB

Timing lifetap / refreshing instant dots during the debuff or casting drain right before the buff ends and the debuff begins is the best way to handle it I thought? Doesn't the cast time of drain snapshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Timing lifetap / refreshing instant dots during the debuff or casting drain right before the buff ends and the debuff begins is the best way to handle it I thought? Doesn't the cast time of drain snapshot?
    dots dynamically update so its ok to refresh dots during debuff.. the duration of the drain soul cast do seems to snap shot. i could double check it on a dummy if there is doubts.
    BETA CLUB

I think this applies to all of our spells with cast time, as destruction starting to cast a CB or CDF right before the buff ends won't get slowed by the debuff. But that's just a feeling i have from using it, can't guarantee

channels/casts snap shot. if you have whispers haste buff and bloodlust end at the same second and you start a drain soul at -0.5 before they run out, you have the full haste for the whole channel.
    that being said, I hate that trinket. it's probably good for getting rankings as that's a lot about getting good RNG. but on progress, ugh. i had a krosus kill where it procced ONCE in the whole fight, 3 min 30 into the pull. and then if the haste buff shows up when you have to move (and mostly every boss has some random mechanic that means you can't dps for a while), you're just completely fucked. obviously that's just random and it goes both ways, but the added randomness is just something I don't like. Fortunately got other good trinkets and just not using whispers at all.